Thread: [POST-Forg] L26 Mage Mini-Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default [POST-Forg] L26 Mage Mini-Guide!

INTRO: Hello everyone i'm coming with you all today with my first ever guide. I know l26 mage guides have been done before but most of the builds/strategies are outdated. I've also pvped for a super long time at 26. To be exact i played 25 pvp literally MINUTES after the pvp update was released. So i'm guessing i'm one of the first 26 pvpers. O.o

Okay so here comes my very first guide... DRUM ROLE PLEASE!

Table Of Contents:
    I: What Stats To Use
    II: Gear
    III: Skill Build
    IV: Combos
    V: Strategies
    VI: Conclusion

I: First of all this all your choice, but I recommend FULL dex for fbow(IMO its' better) or 35 int rest dex for a paw(more tanky).

II: Fbow loudout: l25-26 PINK fbow(if you can't afford then buy purple), l25 dex or int halloween helm, l25 dex or int halloween mantle, 2 hit and 10 dmg ring, if you're not using a pink fbow then use the Dark Elf face(blue), if you are using a pink fbow use Fierce face.

For a more tanky loudout (usually vs a mage that hits very hard): L25 purple/pink monkey paw, 2 hit and 8 armor ring, Dark Elf face, l25 dex or int halloween helm, l25 dex or int halloween mantle, and l25 evidence bracer(buy a crystalline/earthquake wing if you can't afford bracer).

III: There are 2 skill builds that I find most effective: 6 bom 6 bov 6 lightning 3 heal 1 frost 1 fire 1 drain 1 mana shield(better for beating mages/talon bears).
    Second skill build: 6 bom 5 bov 6 lightning 3 fire 2 heal 1 frost 1 drain 1 mana shield(better for killing fbow bears, also can kill mages but will be just a little bit tougher).

IV: Combo vs mages(both builds): buffs-ice-lightning-fire-heal-drain-ms(try to drain right after the other mage drains).
    Combo vs bears(the 1 fire build): lightning-fire-ice-heal-drain when needed-ms when u know you will die.
    Combo vs bears(the 3 fire build): USE THE FIRE'S 10M TO YOUR ADVANTAGE - Fire-ice-heal-wait for lightning-ice-lightning-fire-heal-drain(the bear should be dead here, if not then keep going and use ms when u get down to 3/10 hp.
    Combo vs rhinos: when they charge at u use fire-lightning-ice-heal-drain and keep them far.
    Combo vs foxes: Same as rhino but a little harder cause these foxes can nuke u pretty hard if they have the hammer plat pack (which is 99% of foxes at this lvl).
    Combo vs birds: it will be a very rare occurrence to see a bird at this lvl now a days so u will be able to kill them easily cause they don't nuke hard at all anymore. BUT if facing a L30 bird use mana shield after they hit blast shot and continue to hit heal and lightning fast(that's pretty much all you need to know).

V: Tips vs mages: use the combo from above and use skills as quickly as possible in any order after they cool down, and if you're getting low hp go into 8m(10m for the 3 fire build) and use fire-ice then run back and keep healing quickly. If this fails to work the just use ms and keep nuking as fast as possible.
    Tips vs bears: keep distance from the bear so they can't continue to hit crushing blow and keep healing AFTER they use hellscream.
    Tips vs rhinos: when they charge at u use fire lightning ice heal drain and keep them far.
    Tips vs foxes: same as rhino but a little harder cause these foxes can nuke u pretty hard if they have the hammer plat pack (which is 99% of foxes at this lvl).
    Tips vs birds: it will be a very rare occurrence to see a bird at this lvl now a days so u will be able to kill them easily cause they don't nuke hard at all anymore. BUT if facing a L30 bird use mana shield after they hit blast shot and continue to hit heal and lightning fast.

VI: So thank you all for reading my very first guide and please if you find any typos please let me know by a forums PM(just easier for me ;P). L26 pvp is starting to die a little and there aren't too many oldies/pros here anymore. And if anyone would like any help in game then send me a pm on the forums. I don't want to give away my ign in this thread because I like to rush a lot(don't hate). I just find the "go" system boring and it takes too long to get kills.

-Afbeast Out!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Afbeast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Awesome guide

|| Combusts || Dendrophobia || Darthing || Toggling || Tactful || Allegiant || Orauve || Htrad || Infractus || Darthtwodtwo || Lwn || Xxnoxx ||

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PL病yer View Post
    Awesome guide
    Thanks!

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Sweet guide!
    There r also those possibilities of building !

-Lvl 23 Mage

Base points : Dex/int mix
    Skills points : 6 might, 4 vitality, 1 mana shield, 4 drain, 4 fire storm, 1 heal, 1 lightning, 1 frostbite
    Items : L23 SSC INT helm, L20 pink candle, L23 crystal wing, L15 alchemist..
    Combo : might, vitality, frost drain, light, fire, heal (mana shield when ur dying)
    Tips : try to use drain fast if you see the guy hitting hard, same for mana shield

-Lvl 23 Mage

Skills points : 6 might, 6 vitality, 1 mana shield, 4 drain, 2 fire storm, 1 heal, 1 lightning, 1 frostbite. .
    Items : L23 SSC INT helm, L20 pink candle, L23 crystal wing, L15 alchemist.
    Combo : might, vitality, frost drain, light, fire, heal (mana shield when ur dying)
    Tips : try to use drain fast if you see the guy hitting hard, same for mana shield

- Lvl 23 Mage

Skills points : 6 might, 5 vitality, 1 mana shield, 4 drain, 3 fire storm, 1 heal, 1 lightning, 1 frostbite Items : L23 SSC INT helm, L20 pink candle, L23 crystal wing, L15 alchemist.
    Items : : L23 SSC INT helm, L20 pink candle, L23 crystal wing, L15 alchemist
    Tips : try to use drain fast if you see the guy hits hard, same for mana shield

-Lvl 23 Mage

Skills points : 6 might, 5 vitality, 1 mana shield, 6 drain, 1 fire storm, 1 heal, 1 lightning, 1 frostbite
    Tips : try to use drain fast if u see the guy hits hard, same for mana shield

-LvL23 Mage build (BirdMasta build)

Items : 21-23 ssc int helm, pink or purp candle lvl 20, a dex ring that gives plus 10 or more damage, pink halloween doll lvl 20, 21-23 ssc int armor
    Skills : 6 vitality, 6 might, 3 drain, 5 light, 1 ice, 1 fire, 1 heal, 1 shield
    Tips :
    Buffs...charge in...if they kite ice first...if they dont kite, charge in and do drain light ice fire
    if no one dies mana shield and repeat
    the light does a lot of damage so it should get make the enemy lose mana fast(if their shield is on)

-Lvl 23 Mage

Skills points : 6 might, 6 vitality, 1 mana shield, 3 drain, 3 fire storm, 1 heal, 1 lightning, 1 frostbite.

-Lvl 26 Mage (my official-old secret- build‼ 1800-600 kdr!)

Base points : 67 int 67 Dex
    Skills points : 6 might, 4 vitality, 1mana shield, 6 drain, 5 fire 1heal, 1 light, 1frost
    Items :.Earthquake Int wand set, hooch hat, Fine golden Band of Lite
    Combo : might, vitality, frost, drain, light, fire, heal (mana shield when ur dying)

-Lvl 26 Tank Mage

Base points : 67dex, rest int =)
    Skills points : 6 might, 6 vitality, 3 drain, 1 fire, 3 mana shield, 1 ice, 4 lightning, 1 heal.
    Items : Earthquake Int wand set, hooch hat, Fine golden Band of Lite
    Combo : might, vitality, frost, drain, light, fire, heal (mana shield when ur dying)
    Tips : only use your mana shield when you're going to die

-From http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...311#post590311

GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    Sweet guide!
    There r also those possibilities of building !

-Lvl 23 Mage

Skills points : 6 might, 4 vitality, 1 mana shield, 4 drain, 4 fire storm, 1 heal, 1 lightning, 1 frostbite
    Items : L23 SSC INT helm, L20 pink candle, L23 crystal wing, L15 alchemist..

-Lvl 23 Mage

Skills points : 6 might, 6 vitality, 1 mana shield, 4 drain, 2 fire storm, 1 heal, 1 lightning, 1 frostbite. .

- Lvl 23 Mage

Skills points : 6 might, 5 vitality, 1 mana shield, 4 drain, 3 fire storm, 1 heal, 1 lightning, 1 frostbite Items : L23 SSC INT helm, L20 pink candle, L23 crystal wing, L15 alchemist.
    Tips : try to use drain fast if you see the guy hits hard, same for mana shield

-Lvl 23 Mage

Skills points : 6 might, 5 vitality, 1 mana shield, 6 drain, 1 fire storm, 1 heal, 1 lightning, 1 frostbite

-LvL23 Mage build (BirdMasta build)

Items : 21-23 ssc int helm, pink or purp candle lvl 20, a dex ring that gives plus 10 or more damage, pink halloween doll lvl 20, 21-23 ssc int armor
    Skills : 6 vitality, 6 might, 3 drain, 5 light, 1 ice, 1 fire, 1 heal, 1 shield
    Tips :
    Buffs...charge in...if they kite ice first...if they dont kite, charge in and do drain light ice fire
    if no one dies mana shield and repeat
    the light does a lot of damage so it should get make the enemy lose mana fast(if their shield is on)

-Lvl 23 Mage

Skills points : 6 might, 6 vitality, 1 mana shield, 3 drain, 3 fire storm, 1 heal, 1 lightning, 1 frostbite.

-Lvl 26 Mage (my official-old secret- build‼ 1800-600 kdr!)

Base points : 67 int 67 Dex
    Skills points : 6 might, 4 vitality, 1mana shield, 6 drain, 5 fire 1heal, 1 light, 1frost
    Items :.Earthquake Int wand set, hooch hat, Fine golden Band of Lite

-Lvl 26 Tank Mage

Base points : 67dex, rest int =)
    Skills points : 6 might, 6 vitality, 3 drain, 1 fire, 3 mana shield, 1 ice, 4 lightning, 1 heal.
    Items : Earthquake Int wand set, hooch hat, Fine golden Band of Lite
    Tips : only use your mana shield when you're going to die

-From http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...311#post590311

Ya sorry to tell u this but those builds are outdated. For example 1 lightning will make u terrible and 5 fire is too much and 2+ drain is useless now. But yes, these builds used to work preforg and during forg but if you try those builds u will have a very hard time now at 26. It took me forever to get used to 1-3 fire cause I'm used to the 12m that the 5-6 fire has from during forg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Lol when I looked at chickenrunnn's post I had to double check the date, I thought you quit lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Afbeast View Post
    Ya sorry to tell u this but those builds are outdated. For example 1 lightning will make u terrible and 5 fire is too much and 2+ drain is useless now. But yes, these builds used to work preforg and during forg but if you try those builds u will have a very hard time now at 26. It took me forever to get used to 1-3 fire cause I'm used to the 12m that the 5-6 fire has from during forg.
    1kightning is amazing >_> i out tanked a 26 when he had paw set etc when i was 23 just cuz ita not mainstream dont mean its bad
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by largecommand View Post
    Lol when I looked at chickenrunnn's post I had to double check the date, I thought you quit lol
    I sometimes come back to say hello

2+ drain useless? :O xD.. sorry I laught.

Drain is definitly the best mage skill.
    In addition, maxing fire allows you to kite your opponent while poking him. So according to me, it's more useful than having 6 lightning.
    When I used to play lvl27 pvp, I tried nearly all the combo possible, including 6 lightning. It can be good because lightning has got a shorter cooldown. However, mages aren't Body fighters. They are meant to try to play far from their opponents. Since Lightning is 8m range, and that fire and drain arre 10+m,I think they should be your main priorities.

After, it completely depends on your way of fighting. Some mages prefers going tanky, so that they can get all-in, and start a close fighting, spamming lightnings.
    Some others, such as me, will prefer keeping their distance, Fire drain freeze comboing. And it works! Even level27, and even nowadays.

Those builds definitly aren't outdated,. Indeed, no changes were made to the skills (lvl6<) since I updated my guide
    Last edited by Chickenrunnn; 03-21-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    I sometimes come back to say hello

2+ drain useless? :O xD.. sorry I laught.

Drain is definitly the best mage skill.
    In addition, maxing fire allows you to kite your opponent while poking him. So according to me, it's more useful than having 6 lightning.
    When I used to play lvl27 pvp, I tried nearly all the combo possible, including 6 lightning. It can be good because lightning has got a shorter cooldown. However, mages aren't Body fighters. They are meant to try to play far from their opponents. Since Lightning is 8m range, and that fire and drain arre 10+m,I think they should be your main priorities.

After, it completely depends on your way of fighting. Some mages prefers going tanky, so that they can get all-in, and start a close fighting, spamming lightnings.
    Some others, such as me, will prefer keeping their distance, Fire drain freeze comboing. And it works! Even level27, and even nowadays.

Those builds definitly aren't outdated,. Indeed, no changes were made to the skills (lvl6<) since I updated my guide
    I don't mean drain isn't useless at all. It just isn't needed above 1 at 26. But 3+ drain used to be very good. And kiting isn't gonna work well vs mages since they kill A lot slower now. Go try 26 pvp now with those builds ur not gonna be able to kill mages. Bears will be kinda easy but those builds are outdated. I play 26 pvp everyday and u haven't played 26 pvp since nerf it seems like. So u can't be sure ur right until u try. Play 26 pvp with those builds and tell me how u do lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

I don't mean drain isn't useless at all. It just isn't needed above 1 at 26. But 3+ drain used to be very good. And kiting isn't gonna work well vs mages since they kill A lot slower now. Go try 26 pvp now with those builds ur not gonna be able to kill mages. Bears will be kinda easy but those builds are outdated. I play 26 pvp everyday and u haven't played 26 pvp since nerf it seems like. So u can't be sure ur right until u try. Play 26 pvp with those builds and tell me how u do lol.
    Will do in 4 months, once I'm on "holidays"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Whos your 26 mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just a suggestion: take higher heal. Against anyone who's been playing at this level for more than 2 weeks, you'll just get out healed and eventually, you'll lose the horrendously long fights of 26/27

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLegend View Post
    Just a suggestion: take higher heal. Against anyone who's been playing at this level for more than 2 weeks, you'll just get out healed and eventually, you'll lose the horrendously long fights of 26/27
    Sorry but I disagree. Higher heal is just a waste of skills point because of the high armor. I get 59 armor unbuffed with the paw setup. I also hardly find mages that can beat me with 5 or more heal. 3 heal works just fine at 26/27. 4, 5 or 6 heal is just not needed because of the high armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have 68 armor unbuffed and the extra heal for me just means that I only lose 1/30 fights

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLegend View Post
    I have 68 armor unbuffed and the extra heal for me just means that I only lose 1/30 fights
    Hey, Sorry for the recent argue. Didn't wanna pick up a fight either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

afbeast try 1light drain fire and ice (both) max buffs and rest in heal and 1ms worked very very well pre nerf ��
    nothing lasts forever