Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Racism in AL

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Racism in AL

So racism is allowed in AL? All these pure indo only guilds is kinda racist dont you think? not mention Latino Twinks a pure hispanic guild What if someone makes a guild called Black Panthers, White Power or Redskins? Im sure there would be an issue... Im just saying...

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Theillist1; 03-21-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

No, racism is not allowed just report it to STS (email them) and they should take care of it.
    Also, why not just ignore it, no one is forcing you to join .There is plenty more guilds for you to join

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I rather stay out of a racist guild... Im just stating a fact that OTHERS are being profiled because of skin tone or what country they hail from or what language they speak... its quite clear who are the racist guilds!

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Theillist1; 03-21-2014 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

If you're referring to guilds accepting players from their country, that isn't racism. It's nationalism, which is perfectly fine. Racism is usually associated with hatred of a different race, while nationalism is associated with having pride in your own country. It's perfectly fine to have a guild for your own country. But naming a guild to berate a different country or a group of people (ex: "____ Sucks") is considered a violation of the game's rules.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

5. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

So I'm USA right? If I wanted to join Latino twinks and told them I was pure American, I wouldn't be accepted. That's not racism, it's just like how some guilds only accept paragons. If you don't fit guild reqs then don't even bother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ♕The king of AL has returned♕

Proud member of <21 Jump Street>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Cool down.
    We don't care about nationality, only the chat is in german
    Btw, i know a greek who is in garuda indonesia.

We immediately report anyone who names himself hiitler, arian or something like that.
    Racist gonna get kicked without discussion.

Sry for my bad english btw...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

CaptnSharky lvl 41 - Schattenwolff lvl 21, Mein Motto: Have Fun!, unser Forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    If you're referring to guilds accepting players from their country, that isn't racism. It's nationalism, which is perfectly fine. Racism is usually associated with hatred of a different race, while nationalism is associated with having pride in your own country. It's perfectly fine to have a guild for your own country. But naming a guild to berate a different country or a group of people (ex: "____ Sucks") is considered a violation of the game's rules.
    Dude learn history...
    Btw if language isnt the same u will eventually leave because u cant communicate...
    If its by country it is discrimination.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Speficic country guilds isnt a sign of racism. Its just that some people only want people of their country. Its best to communicate in your own language rather than any other. Its perfectly fine imo

Retired.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yasshh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

According to the Oxford dictionary, racism is:

-the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races
    -prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior

So as I am member of a pure German-speaking guild and I'm thinking you mixed some things up here, I'd like point out that our guild isn't recruiting germanphoning people only, for the purpose of racial segregation. We never wanted to discriminate against certain "races" or people of a different origin, but to give our members the opportunity to participate at a guild chat in their mother tongue, to facilitate their communication within the game. It's easier for us to teach them game-play and it's fun to have both: practising and improving other languages, experiencing other cultures and having fun with your first language in your guild.
    Recruiting people, who are able to speak German fluently, at least are able to communicate in German decently, only aims to prevent misunderstandings.
    We do not want people to feel excluded and discriminated against, since they likely won't be able to take place in "guild life" in an appropriate way.

I highly doubt that guilds like Latino Twinks, Garuda Indonesia target other goals by having similar selection criteria. I can't imagine that they want to spread racist ideas within their guild and within Arcane Legends, but rather that they want to act as meeting place in-game for people, who are connected because they are all speaking the same language.
    I would suggest you to ask some of their members and/or their guild-master. For instance, I was able to meet some members of Garuda Indonesia and some of them were from Greece, others were from Colombia or Turkey.

I'm convinced that big guilds like these aren't racist, otherwise they wouldn't be so popular. I am sure that they'll remove a player, who makes racist remarks immediately. At least this is the way we use to handle with racists and other illiberal players: Zero tolerance.

If your suspicion turns out to be true nevertheless, you can still report them To be quite honest, this would really mess up my current view of humantiy.
    Last edited by Serenina; 03-22-2014 at 03:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Fyi guys. Latinos is not racist guild lmao. They have diff race in guild. Even gm is not even latino.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Report to Sts.these people....
    Interested in joining xX Fallen Angels Xx? Click here!
    (Site under new page)

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Card View Post
    Report to Sts.these people....
    wtf? Whats the reason for you doing report to sts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

One of my alts used to be in a Japanese guild. They only accepted partial or full Japanese. But that isn't racist, it's because we want to speak Japanese within the guild and have some fun.

Different players are closer to other people with their nationality, which I do understand. They aren't trying to keep other nationalities out to be racist.

It may be a little difficult for Americans to understand this small feeling of family since we live in a country with diverse nationalities .
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Someone made a guild called 'Rapists' It was the only guild name I was truly saddened by. I've also never felt the country oriented guilds were discriminating it was more along the lines of using their language in gc.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

In the USA, we are a melting pot of cultural diversity.

Why do ethnicities cluster with each other?

First off, birds of a feather flock together. People want to hang out with those who understand the same culture, speak the same language, etc.

Secondly, it's not racism if you prefer only a specific type of player in your guild. Why? A Hispanic player may feel left out and lonely in an Asian guild. The other players speak in a foreign language and the communication barrier prevents player base from merging. Some guilds only allow certain players in order to prevent this situation. Remember, not every guild is right for everyone. Think of guilds as "clubs." Your skill or interests don't always fit in a specific club.

And finally, racism is a part of human characteristics. We all exhibit a degree of racism at one point in our lives. That may sound completely absurd, but we humans have the tendency to believe a margin of superiority exists between people. It's a sad truth in reality.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

yet another watering down of a concept that is truly despicable.

when there is true racism, no one cares because of this type of thinking.

it absolutely destroys the meaning and the seriousness of the offense.

ever read "The boy who cried wolf" ?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Amicusdei For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I've tried speaking Spanish to a number of Latino twink members and they had no clue what I was talking about because (get ready for it, this is going to BLOW YOUR MIND) not all of the members are Latino! Indonesian guilds likely don't only have Indonesians, either. When you're deciding which guild to join and you join a guild called Indonesia something or other, you have a idea of a) which language will mostly be spoken there and b) what time most players will be playing. The name allows you to help form a decision about whether or not the guild will fit your play needs.

As Zylyx pointed out, it's nationalism. If someone wants to have a guild promoting pride in their country (such as his guild, American brotherhood--I wonder if that guild gets you all butt hurt too) it's perfectly fine and shouldn't offend anyone unless you're ignorant about what racism really is.

Come on, man, you're really stretching and looking for something to be upset about if you're offended by these guild names.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Someone made a guild called 'Rapists' It was the only guild name I was truly saddened by. I've also never felt the country oriented guilds were discriminating it was more along the lines of using their language in gc.
    Omg I saw that too. That's terrible....
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To play devils advocate, their are guilds that say "English only in chat" you can't just put the blame on these specific guilds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Its not racism... its like finding yourself in a group of people of the same kind :3
    Finding yourself where you feel like you're really belong..
    (like my guild is purely for Filipinos but we might consider other nations as part of it as long as it would fits nicely)
    Racism occurs wether you think of it as racism.. full of negativities and ignorance on something you don't have too.

OFFICER OF IISANG LAHI