Thread: Does Scorch need a change?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Default Does Scorch need a change?

I am trying to convince myself to like this pet that I bought in excitement as soon as it came because it was so cute. I just cant find out what about him would make me like and use him more. I find myself using Malison and Haze more than I use him. I like Malison's str and Haze's passive ability more than Scorch's, and perhaps that is why. And why should it be so? He is a mythic pet, that people spent 250 plats for and why should he not be better than legendaries?

Scorch''s only saving-grace trait is supposedly its Arcane Ability shield and this shield would have been fine if it did shield against damage until it wore off but no. It gives me a bit of damage reduction but is that amount of damage reduction really useful in the face of the damage we get in a clash? The shield lasts for mere 1-2-3 seconds in a fight and during that apparently awesome state of being "shielded" under a lovely golden bubble, the truth is that I still take damage. So this shield looks good on paper but isnt really a big deal.

What do people think about Scorch's passive ability? Personally, it dampens my spirit to see his very ordinary passive ability. I dont understand why a mythic pet was given a Guapo-like passive ability. A ranged attack would have been better, imo.

Everyday I do try to use Scorch and find ways of liking him, but I feel my plats remain wasted if he is not modified and made better than legendary pets. Currently there are a lot of legendary pets that most people would choose over Scorch. *For instance, lets compare Scorch costing 250 plat with Shadowlurk costing 90 plat.*

Scorch *Mythic* - 20 primary stats, 12 % crit, 160 mana, mana regen with a buggy AA shield that still enables the user to take damage while it is on AND the very negligible passive ability akin to Guapo's.

Shadowlurk *Legendary* - 20 primary stats, 20% crit and 20% damage with AA activated, 100 mana and a ranged attack that damages 3 enemies causing "triple damage".

This makes the meaning of 'Legendary' and 'Mythic' seem like a joke.. I wonder who approved these stats while these pets were being designed. Scorch definitely needs a change/buff for it to be a MYTHIC pet.

[ Also, I would like to request devs to please include / show Arcane Ability and Passive Ability information of pets on the pet-list in the stable so that buyers know what they are getting before putting in their plats blindly. ]
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 03-22-2014 at 12:28 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zynzyn For This Useful Post: