Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Arcane Ring to Rule Them All Contest | Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    i agree that the original rules really should apply.

The problem is that some people have now read Remiem's change and there will be more yelling if she pulls back her change, as those people relied upon her rule change. Not that devs/mods are unfamiliar with an angry playerbase.

I only proposed the extra ring because it seemed one method to abide by the original rules (people who submitted 20 posts get chance at a ring and only those people, and it is the same chance promised by the original rules), as well as Remiem's modification (people who posted at least 19 days will get a chance at a ring, thus not negatively affecting the chances of those posting all 20 days).

I addressed Remiem's promise that those with 19 days of postings, as long as they posted on Day 20, would get a chance at an arcane ring, as well as the original promise that those posting all 20 days would get a chance at an arcane ring.

In my experience, people complain less, if at all, about additional prizes, especially when the change increases their chances at a prize, versus decreasing it, as Remiem's modification did, however slight, for those who went to the extra effort of posting all 20 screenshots.
    I'm just wondering whether anybody has ever read the probability things that I've posted before. But an additional ring prize will only increase the 20-day-group's chance to around DOUBLE (using the theoretical numbers that Elmanco counted) compared to original rule.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljade View Post
    People that did 19 days still put in hard work.
    Not hard enough... Its still incomplete.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Thrindal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I got all 20 day's! So I hope I win :-) GooDLuck to All

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

We all had some fun during this 20-day-long event, for that I will say "WE ARE ALL WINNERS!"

Su-zakana

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uicheusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Uicheusa View Post
    We all had some fun during this 20-day-long event, for that I will say "WE ARE ALL WINNERS!"
    ......riigggght (dr. Evil voice)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Wow you are all seriously over reacting, yes you went to the effort to complete a 20 day competition everyday, and correctly, so did I, but id like to point out this isnt the Olympics, its a competition, on a game, the idea is that people who cannot afford the arcane ring have a shot at getting one, through a fun competition, to be honest its selfish to have a grudge over this new rule change, I think its a great**idea, means more people have a shot at getting a very hard item to get, i wish everyone the best of luck, just remember this is supposed to be a fun competition, not something to be angry or upset about.
    Tbh I think you are the one being selfish. Its evident that you know someone who fall someone in the 19 day group. If sts includes 19 days then why not 18 or 17, they even tried hard and had FUN. Arent you being SELFISH?

And moreover shards were present for those who couldnt post 20 days..and shard is good as a ring. Why now change it and include the ring as prize for them too?

Either dont change rules or if you change rules make it win win for everyone.
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

inconsistency of rules..
    disappointed..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I am disappointed... too.. the rule was simple and should have kept it that way. Complete all Day 1 to Day 20 screenshot.
    There are no men like me . There is only me.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I agree that the people who did all 20 days should be thusly rewarded. I managed to complete all 20 days which was not easy as I almost messed one up and posted a new screen shot with 5 minutes to spare to correct my mistake. I also had to take some time to convene my guildies for the 6 title shot as most already had it (lucky for me I have good guildies in Emminence).

Now the odds for the ones who did everything correct will decrese at the last moment is just dis-hearting. You know others will check themselves to confirm the winner is really the winner and if it's a 19 day person you will get some ppl raging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Lmaooo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default The Arcane Ring to Rule Them All Contest | Discussion Thread

People cry no matter what but! Heres the but please fix singey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Wow you are all seriously over reacting, yes you went to the effort to complete a 20 day competition everyday, and correctly, so did I, but id like to point out this isnt the Olympics, its a competition, on a game, the idea is that people who cannot afford the arcane ring have a shot at getting one, through a fun competition, to be honest its selfish to have a grudge over this new rule change, I think its a great**idea, means more people have a shot at getting a very hard item to get, i wish everyone the best of luck, just remember this is supposed to be a fun competition, not something to be angry or upset about.
    You just said it... It's a very hard to get item. This is why some people adhered to rules so why is it ok to take that away? If it wasn't a sought after item then it wouldn't be hard to get. Point is everyone knew what they were in for when they started the comp. Now, thanks to whomever decided it was good idea to change this, it is no longer a competition but a Publisher Clearing House Give away. People need to understand what a competition is meant to be. Below says it all. How many times Delphi reply about rules and missing days. Also shows for those complaining a pic didn't show up just how easy it is to solve that problem when it occurred.

Last edited by Kellhus; 04-13-2014 at 11:59 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellhus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nickaizoku View Post
    Hie. Juz wanna say this..
    on the contest. Not sure what day. You need screenshot with warmonger, dimensional gladiator, filthy rich, haunted, elite and paragon.
    Me and my guild. We dont have that much awesome title.. for that day I have a rough day. And I work hard to find player have that title. And even beg for screenshot with them, well u know there a player busy with thier own thing or maybe quest, so its really hard to get this screesnshot.
    But I work hard for whole day to find player. Not 1 or 2. But 5.. 5 random people I dont know, its very rough day for me.
    At last I found good player that willing to share that title with me. I wanna thank them so much..
    AND now.. you said thats people who skipped one day have a chance to win arcane ring too..
    Seriously its not fair.. and its sad too. If I know this happen I will skipped that rough day..
    But coz of the rules. "That only 20post can win ring" I keep trying and trying. Hope sts would understand this.

I agree with this. I had to bust my *** for 6 hours sacrificing sleep for this screenshot just coz they said we have to post all 20days. I mean.. I get that people who missed coz of some real hard reasons will be feeling dejected. I almost felt that on the day of title screenshot. And now changing the rules this way.. Makes it unfair for those of us who did try and make it somehow. I am against allowing this change.

If there were two rings, one for the people who made all 20 days and another for those who couldn't make all 20 or missed one day, it wouldn't really matter. But the same ring for people who missed a day AND made all 20 days? That's unfair.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Senior Member TheMightyFeusalet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

when will we know the winners?

Join enigmatic, the best pve guild in al! We are Enigmatic, we are ONE!
    Want a sig (for free) pm me on forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I know there is a lot of talk about the "new rule" change.

However, on a less related topic does anyone know what "Take a Screenshot Next to a Dragkin Tooth with NO GEAR ON!" meant?

I see more than a handful of pictures with people wearing vanities, mythic rings, lep amulets. Was gear every clarified to mean just no armor and helm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Shh dont mention we need to get rid of some 19 dayers lol jkjk ofc!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

if i had known the new rule, i just enter the contest on day 20 lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Y its only for ppl who missed one day not 19..silly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

The thing is... It has been stressed before in many posts that only those who completed 20 SS is eligible for arcane ring. And those who missed it is only eligible for teeth shards. Anyway, teeth shards arent that shabby either, you could still craft it to an arcane ring eventually. You have no idea how glad I was that the contest is over. Setting up my alarm clock to do it daily, making checkboxes and reminders so that I didnt accidentally forget a day of posting, running around finding wifi when I'm outside or just trying to find a good connection. I cant even have a good night sleep with those SS until it was done and posted, it was nightmare. And... You tell me later that it is OK to miss one SS! Just probably one player who missed one day emailed the dev and demanded he/she has the same chance and get special treatment because... I dont know... Too special for rules o.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yanatotzkiie View Post
    if i had known the new rule, i just enter the contest on day 20 lol
    First of all, with the new rule, you can't just enter on day 20. You must have entered at least on 18 days and also enter on day 20.

Second, even if the new rule allow you to just enter on day 20, do you even know that your chance is just 1/20 compared to others? The random number drawing is based on posts, not contestants.

Anyway, whatever the rule will be, I think someone from STG should come up with a solution soon.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk