Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Arcane Ring to Rule Them All Contest | Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljade View Post
    I dont have an issue with people expressing their opinion I respect that, as people should equally respect mine, and I understand your frustration, but in my opinion this just takes the fun out of the competition, all the uneeded aggression, being portrayed by several people, is so unnecessary , were lucky a competition was even thrown in the first place, but as I said the last thing ik trying to do is disrespect or disregard your opinion, im just trying to share mine, which in the future, I think ill withdraw from doing.
    You shouldn't do that

Its healthy I think to have opinions from both sides. In any case, I did some calculation:

Here are my assumptions:

1. Only people with 19 or more posts (including day 20) will qualify for the ring. Basically, it will only make you eligible if you missed only ONE day.
    2. All the people that posted 18 times in the master thread (has not merged in day 20 yet) have completed day 20.

According to the master thread there are 507 players that will be eligible for the ring drawing.

50 with 18 entries
    457 with 19 entries

Based on these assumptions that would give us for the master drawing:

(50*19) + (457*20) = 10090

if you posted 20 times:
    20/10090 = 1/545 = 0.198%

If you posted 19 times:

19/10090 = 0.188%
    Last edited by Rare; 04-14-2014 at 07:28 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Junior Member moises.vazquez.71's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

It was a fun contest and the prizes were great. Good one sts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Bah...humbug

5. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I dont have an issue with people expressing their opinion I respect that, as people should equally respect mine, and I understand your frustration, but in my opinion this just takes the fun out of the competition, all the uneeded aggression, being portrayed by several people, is so unnecessary , were lucky a competition was even thrown in the first place, but as I said the last thing im trying to do is disrespect or disregard your opinion, im just trying to share mine, which in the future, I think ill withdraw from doing.

I agree with you that this contest was for fun. But the fun part was cancelled out when sts changed rules at the last day. Dont blame players for not having fun anymore cause STS after giving fun to us for 19 days decided to take it away on the 20th day. And if you thought I was disrespectful to you please accept my sincere apologies. I am not trying to disrespect any player but expressing my concern on this unfair change which by all means should be reverted back.
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Well I'll just say this. It's no longer a competition if the rules change at the end effecting determination of " winners"

You're only looking at fun from your perspective. And as I mentioned, people that didn't do all 20 days still had a chance at shard or teeth. So there is still "fun" for them. The ring was supposed to be for those that were dedicated and completed all 20 days.

Alas, another change in direction. We should all be use to it by now. It's happened before and it will happen again. And still, people will voice their displeasure.

Tbh, just turning the other cheek is a little irresponsible. I say that with utmost respect to you and others that feel it's ok. It sets a bad example in my opinion. Just like some other things we've seen in the recent past.

In the end, it's not that important in the grand scheme of thing like you say. But I feel it's very important to uphold the rules of contests and competitions.

Since I am out of the option to give you any more reputation for another 24 hrs, accept this +1
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

They always change there minds especially on amount of winners, like the jester they said 40 winners and at the end said they thought more were need due to size of thread and gave out 48 sets ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    You shouldn't do that

Its healthy I think to have opinions from both sides. In any case, I did some calculation:

Here are my assumptions:

1. Only people with 19 or more posts (including day 20) will qualify for the ring. Basically, it will only make you eligible if you missed only ONE day.
    2. All the people that posted 18 times in the master thread (has not merged in day 20 yet) have completed day 20.

According to the master thread there are 507 players that will be eligible for the ring drawing.

50 with 18 entries
    457 with 19 entries

Based on these assumptions that would give us for the master drawing:

(50*19) + (457*20) = 10090

if you posted 20 times:
    20/10090 = 1/545 = 0.198%

If you posted 19 times:

19/10090 = 0.188%
    Oh gosh thats all very complicated for my poor head lol , yeah the odds are very small I kinder figured we all have the same probability as if we was to open a locked crate haha, but I wish everyone thevbest of luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Day 21... people still posting on day 20 with screenshots. Lolz.
    Hakuna Matatas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sure, i dont care who will win
    Just for fun! Too much ppl follow the contest. We dont know who will be selected

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Samdegreat View Post
    They always change there minds especially on amount of winners, like the jester they said 40 winners and at the end said they thought more were need due to size of thread and gave out 48 sets ...
    You think maybe they will add more prizes? Keep the ring at 1 only but would be nice to have 5 shards then. Gives even those that did 20 days more odds at getting at least a shard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

As if it weren't bad enough that sts changes their own rules in the course of the contest , but they utterly ignore to give feedback to the community. Hang outs, support, Facebook are all nice but the times we need their presence the most is when they ignore us the most. Yes we would still be upset with the rule change but at least we wouldn't feel ignored and taken for granted. A reasoning behind the change of heart would go a long way with me, anyway.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk

The toeless smurf!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

When will be winners announced? So much curiosity :P
    Is there any date/time announced for it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Supposed to be fun,
    Yes, it is supposed to be fun. The game is supposed to be fun. I agree: Let's all not do these silly competitions since they take the fun out of our lives.

but you all took the fun out of it, its people acting like this that ruins the game and fun aspects of it
    Yep, ruins the fun when GM (gamemaster) unnecessarily changes the rules. No one wants to play a game and at the last second, be told, "Hey, new rules on the basketball game!" Good way to create controversy and frustration, complaining and whining. (BTW, for GMs that do not like controversy and complaining: "Don't do change rules at the last minute!" Also, people who like to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater, well, warn us before you start a game.)

Message received: Rules can be arbitrarily changed. Participate at own risk. Good lesson.

all the uneeded aggression, being portrayed by several people, is so unnecessary
    Yep, so unnecessary. People respond predictably. You don't like it, don't aggravate them intentionally. You jump into a pride of lions with a piece of meat, what do you expect? Now, talk down their aggression...

Back to the main discussion:
    It's possible this change was predictable. 20 days is a long time to run an event that requires a GM's participation each day for probably an hour or more each day, including weekends. I suppose maybe had there been a tag-team set up.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 04-14-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Star light, star bright...

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Still hoping day 20 was an Arpil fool, but I guess I'ma quote myself here, just for the lulz:

Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig View Post
    The real pros do their April Fools when no one excepts them.

I do mine in November.

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

goodluck guys
    MYTHIC REVENGE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Anyone know when winners will be posted?

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #558
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey guys. I am seeing your comments on this. Some are okay with it, and some are not. I understand both sides.

This challenge was a hard one for sure, and entering 20 days was a serious feat, but entering 19 was a serious feat as well! Even me--as a moderator, have run into situations where I work really hard to do something every day and miss one because of life circumstances. I've had people miss a day because of working overtime, because they were sick or in surgery. Things that are just plain out of their control. This doesn't mean that they worked any less hard on the other 19 days.

I am not opening the Ring prize back up to everyone, just those few who clearly worked very very hard to earn it and for some reason couldn't make it that one day. But, like some of you mentioned there is definitely a large difference in the number of people who did all 20, and the number of people who had 19. This changes the odds quite a bit. So...here's what we're going to do.

There will be TWO ring prizes for this contest. The first ring will be awarded to someone in the pool of users who genuinely completed every single day of the contest. Then, the people who completed 19 days will be added into the pool and another ring will be awarded there. Then, Dragkin Teeth and Shards will be awarded as stated.

I believe this is the fairest way to handle things, and reward the people who stuck with us for such a long contest and worked so darn hard to get all of those entries in on time every day.

Thank you everyone for participating! I'll be posting winners later this week.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

20. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post: