Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mythic vs magmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Mythic vs magmatic

Which is better to get right now? For tanking of course. Which is better in the long run

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Magma for the tanking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Best PvE Warrior Gear (IMO) :

Helm: level 36 myth
    Armor: level 41 Magma Will

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Now my question is where to get Mythic Helm without buying it in the Auction House? It is only from Locked crates?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SIEGE_ View Post
    Now my question is where to get Mythic Helm without buying it in the Auction House? It is only from Locked crates?
    First off, you need both the mythic helm and armor to upgrade them to level36. After they are upgraded, neither will be sellable.

Secondly, both are found in crates. But, also certain elite golden chests. Mythic helms can be found in Elite Golden Pirate Chests and mythic armors can be found in Elite Golden Warchests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

THANK YOU CROWSFOOT. I am 37 with level 36 gear of Tarloks helm and armor, 36 Conq wall, Fangmaster's ring and Arcane Pendant. I do not see must in the AH for a reasonable price now for an upgrade. Saving gold for chests is my only option it seems.

You said you need both mythic helm and armor to upgrade them to 36. By chance have a moment to elaborate on needing both? Can you do one at a time?

Should I stick with what I have till level 41 and buy Magma? Or, will I need Mythic in order to farm Magma?

I appreciate the advice, and I hope my questions do not derail the original topic.

Ssiege

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

How to upgrade mythic
    Trust me dont open elite golden chests if you are specifically looking for mythic helm and armor, because you will lose much more money doing this and with high chance of getting nothing than buying in auction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

THANK YOU CROWSFOOT. I am 37 with level 36 gear of Tarloks helm and armor, 36 Conq wall, Fangmaster's ring and Arcane Pendant. I do not see must in the AH for a reasonable price now for an upgrade. Saving gold for chests is my only option it seems.

You said you need both mythic helm and armor to upgrade them to 36. By chance have a moment to elaborate on needing both? Can you do one at a time?

Should I stick with what I have till level 41 and buy Magma? Or, will I need Mythic in order to farm Magma?

I appreciate the advice, and I hope my questions do not derail the original topic.

Ssiege
    I have a guildmate using lvl41 magma of tactics, a lvl41 shield weapon, and jewelry I don't remember the names of. As a result they have over 2k armor and 6k HP (ungemmed). These two stats, 2k armor and 6k HP, seem to be the recomended stats for proper tanking this season amongst those I have talked to and my own observations (aka I sucked at tanking tindirin with a claymore). Last season, for those who remember, I said 1.8k armor was suggested and 1.6k was the bare minimum. The needs go up each season.

EDIT: The following is rambling- My personal goal is to break 2.3k armor with my gear. This will be feasible if the new mythic weapon (level 41) is a shield weapon. For once, this is an expansion where I think that would be nice. Add an armor buff, "pierce" effect (what made the glaive deal damage based on armor), and maybe a PvE only area based heal burst (similar to, but much weaker than, the mage "life giver skill") to a weapon with 300 armor and I will kiss a Mod's shoes. I might shine them too, if allowed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default l

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    I have a guildmate using lvl41 magma of tactics, a lvl41 shield weapon, and jewelry I don't remember the names of. As a result they have over 2k armor and 6k HP (ungemmed). These two stats, 2k armor and 6k HP, seem to be the recomended stats for proper tanking this season amongst those I have talked to and my own observations (aka I sucked at tanking tindirin with a claymore). Last season, for those who remember, I said 1.8k armor was suggested and 1.6k was the bare minimum. The needs go up each season.

EDIT: The following is rambling- My personal goal is to break 2.3k armor with my gear. This will be feasible if the new mythic weapon (level 41) is a shield weapon. For once, this is an expansion where I think that would be nice. Add an armor buff, "pierce" effect (what made the glaive deal damage based on armor), and maybe a PvE only area based heal burst (similar to, but much weaker than, the mage "life giver skill") to a weapon with 300 armor and I will kiss a Mod's shoes. I might shine them too, if allowed.
    You mean you want to reach 2.3k armor with 400+ damage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Fire View Post
    You mean you want to reach 2.3k armor with 400+ damage?
    Not necessarily. Last season their were several possible ways to reach 2k armor. I take no shame in choosing that which had the best damage and DPS while maintaing 2k armor. Again, if damage/DPS was my priority I would be hoping for mythic hammer.

At the moment, I am using a conquerer weapon in elite Tindirin (and olt if the party requires it) to reach 2k armor. At the end of the day, I highly doubt a mythic weapon, even that of the shield variety, would give me below 400+ DPS due to my other armor. However, if I am forced to give up my mythic armor for the extra 158 armor from a magma plate, I will. For now, I am waiting to see what the level 41 mythic weapon is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Actually the mythic types of weapon that are missing are
    +hammer - low dps (slow speed) and high damage.
    +fire staff - high dps (high speed) and decent damage. see firesquid,flamestrike,charward as examples.
    +fire knives - high dps (high speed) and decent damage. see heart seeker as example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Not necessarily. Last season their were several possible ways to reach 2k armor. I take no shame in choosing that which had the best damage and DPS while maintaing 2k armor. Again, if damage/DPS was my priority I would be hoping for mythic hammer.

At the moment, I am using a conquerer weapon in elite Tindirin (and olt if the party requires it) to reach 2k armor. At the end of the day, I highly doubt a mythic weapon, even that of the shield variety, would give me below 400+ DPS due to my other armor. However, if I am forced to give up my mythic armor for the extra 158 armor from a magma plate, I will. For now, I am waiting to see what the level 41 mythic weapon is.
    you can reach 2.3k armor with existing gear

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

This is very true. You can actually surpass 2.3 k armor currently even with out new mythic sword/sheild weapon release. You can get as high as 2399 armor (obviously you would have to rock the magma suit). But you can still get up to 2250 armor with right the setup and still use your mythic suit.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 05-07-2014 at 01:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Yes you can, that's why that's my goal. I feel you have underestimated my planning on this season.

I am on a tight budget so I am waiting for level 41 myth to be released so I'm not kicking myself when I'm 2-3mil short like I will be if it costs as much as the glaive (I will only be short if I buy new gear before hand). Slow and steady wins the race, thus I shall wait. Unfortunately, the mythic weapons are taking a bit too long, IMO, to be released.

For lack of a better analogy, I would like to see the last card before I bet.

Robhawk

For lack of a better analogy, I would like to see the last card before I bet.
    Gonna be hard to see the last card in a game like this...

This is just like: The last cigarette is the best one, trust my i had thousands of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Gonna be hard to see the last card in a game like this...

This is just like: The last cigarette is the best one, trust my i had thousands of it.
    Not true. The last card last season that was at all relevant was Mythic weapons. New legendaries are the trash cards left in the deck.

I won't judge your poker style. But face cards and aces are priority with most card counting (more so face cards). Eg, a new arcane pet is only interesting to me not spec changing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Best PvE Warrior Gear (IMO) :

Helm: level 36 myth
    Armor: level 41 Magma Will
    Don't often disagree with Crow.
    (just my opinion) I still prefer Mythic set over Magma in general. You are sacrificing quite a bit to gain a little over 150 armor. Armor is not my primary stat in fact its my health. I'd prefer 6.9k hp and 2.1k armor versus 6.6k hp and 2.25k armor. It's same reason I find myself using Prance over Abaddon alot for mobs. At end game and working on all supers on either set you sacrifice 10 strength 106 hp 22.8 damage 3.37 dodge and 27.4 dps to gain 1 int and 154 armor. Armor is vital don't get me wrong and its necessary to have a good amount especially for elites. But lets go through rendtail and get slaughtered by brown lizard armor debuffs all day and decide whether the extra 150 armor is better than 100 plus health and extra damage. Realistically looking at it though either are comparable. Spend your gold on something more worthwhile if you have your mythic set already. Prices are already comparable too so you'll spend just as much for either. As a note I know very effective tanks that prefer armor to hp. I prefer the balance so I use Tarlok over Doom for extra hp but I also use Archon over mythic for extra armor and damage. My play style prefers big health and decent armor versus huge armor only or huge health only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Realistically, I could spend $100 on Locked, and I could not see a single piece of mythic gear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Realistically, I could spend $100 on Locked, and I could not see a single piece of mythic gear?
    Will not*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saazapek View Post
    Don't often disagree with Crow.
    (just my opinion) I still prefer Mythic set over Magma in general. You are sacrificing quite a bit to gain a little over 150 armor. Armor is not my primary stat in fact its my health. I'd prefer 6.9k hp and 2.1k armor versus 6.6k hp and 2.25k armor. It's same reason I find myself using Prance over Abaddon alot for mobs. At end game and working on all supers on either set you sacrifice 10 strength 106 hp 22.8 damage 3.37 dodge and 27.4 dps to gain 1 int and 154 armor. Armor is vital don't get me wrong and its necessary to have a good amount especially for elites. But lets go through rendtail and get slaughtered by brown lizard armor debuffs all day and decide whether the extra 150 armor is better than 100 plus health and extra damage. Realistically looking at it though either are comparable. Spend your gold on something more worthwhile if you have your mythic set already. Prices are already comparable too so you'll spend just as much for either. As a note I know very effective tanks that prefer armor to hp. I prefer the balance so I use Tarlok over Doom for extra hp but I also use Archon over mythic for extra armor and damage. My play style prefers big health and decent armor versus huge armor only or huge health only.
    Armor is a nonlinear progression with damage reduction. The difference between 1800 and 1900 is minor, however 1900 and 2000 is huge. I was extremely comfortable using a friends gear which got me up over 2250 armor. I lost significant HP and DPS to do this, but was still needing less potions per run. When compared to my current gear.

I am, personally, a fan of armor. Therefore I do believe the magma plate of will is superior. Nevertheless, you may want to look into the magma plate of assault if the will version isn't your cup of tea.

PS: Do you use a Pavise?