Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AL Mage PVE Heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    It only pulls aggro if you have the regen upgrades. Without those upgrades it no longer will pull aggro.
    This, first of all. Not all of the heals taunt the mobs. Second, mage is worst healer in the game and unless you're using it to boost mana it's just not effective to keep a group up in PvE elites.

Pot spam is how it goes in PvE Elites, not sure what lvl you are OP. Mana heal is nice to use for lvl up, and the people who you PuG with that have no pots. It's lame but something you do see a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

thank you for the reply and i want to add a remark ... just a small one , So if you got a tank and 3 rogues where someone from the party got crawly, then crawly will lock mobs for enough while to let those rogues do the required damage. And mentioning the pierce with the upgrade that makes it attack 3 mobs then you will find out that 3 rogues using pierce = 9 mobs attacked with 15% chance to take -10% armor and speaking of knocking down , as i know Ripmaw can knock down enemies ..... anyway what i want to say is that a party can go without a mage and yes mages are not useless ( we still have some special skills which make our class survive for a longer while lol )
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Nox does not have the effect of fireball. There are no skills that can substitute for an appropriately placed time shift. Ice if also very good for stun.

For elite mob clearing and control, nothing will replace sorcerers.

That nox works best when all the mobs are standing on top of each other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaith View Post
    thank you for the reply and i want to add a remark ... just a small one , So if you got a tank and 3 rogues where someone from the party got crawly, then crawly will lock mobs for enough while to let those rogues do the required damage. And mentioning the pierce with the upgrade that makes it attack 3 mobs then you will find out that 3 rogues using pierce = 9 mobs attacked with 15% chance to take -10% armor and speaking of knocking down , as i know Ripmaw can knock down enemies ..... anyway what i want to say is that a party can go without a mage and yes mages are not useless ( we still have some special skills which make our class survive for a longer while lol )
    You can go without any class. There are always tradeoffs. That crawly lock might work in normal mode, not going to work long enough in elite.

You can add multiple crawly but then you're hurting the party by not having pets that are better suited for those classes.
    Last edited by Rare; 03-29-2014 at 09:54 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

i kind of disagree with " you can go without any class " if you are in PvE then an elite party built with only 4 tanks without a DPs class ( mages ~ rogues ) will probably take a long time to finish a map even an easy one such as " Ydra forests " but my point is " STS is making a lot of reasons that make the start of the mages end :/ " mana regeneration pets , stunner pets , pets knockdown , pets freeze , pets lock .... anyway i appreciate your replies
    You can go without any class. There are always tradeoffs. That crawly lock might work in normal mode, not going to work long enough in elite.

You can add multiple crawly but then you're hurting the party by not having pets that are better suited for those classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

did i say multiple crawly ?! i guess " NO " and crawly isn't suited for a rogue class O.o even for mages and tanks ? are you sure about what you've said moreover i think i mentioned Ripmaw