Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rock and roll elites

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Well, I guess it's like we used to say a couple of seasons ago when I was still PvPing and dummy farming just started to take hold.

It's not the stats you look at....you know the pro's when you see them.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Well, I guess it's like we used to say a couple of seasons ago when I was still PvPing and dummy farming just started to take hold.

It's not the stats you look at....you know the pro's when you see them.
    Couldn't agree with u more, I don't farm, don't macro, don't spam and don't gang and my kdr is kinda boo boo but I'm all pro

Sent from my X909 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Let's all kiss Famousfame's boo boos cos he's such a rockin' warrior of all time. Feel the kiwi!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Summerland For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Summerland View Post
    Let's all kiss Famousfame's boo boos cos he's such a rockin' warrior of all time. Feel the kiwi!
    Love u 2 sum muah!!!

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #45
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

It may be interesting to note that Banish is not going to be as effective in the new Tindirin Elite zones as it was previously, so Banish spam will do little for you in a majority of the Tindirin Elite content.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

It's possible w/o all this Sam stuff.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    It may be interesting to note that Banish is not going to be as effective in the new Tindirin Elite zones as it was previously, so Banish spam will do little for you in a majority of the Tindirin Elite content.
    Yes my point exactly,and tht was masterstroke indeed by sts, props to everyone for superb job.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to famousfame For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Idk, when I see Sam banish 4 of the mobs that are wailing on my I think he's pretty effective. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

3 maulers is bad, first of all.

Bring at least 2 mages for the crowd control.
    1 rogue cuz boss.
    Last member is optional. Warrior is prob safest bet, but skilled 4 can do with 3 mage 1 rogue or 2/2 if good strategy

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Elites are fun and challenging. I can't remember the last time I potted so fast nonstop till my fingers were numb.

Don't change a thing. Everyone will eventually come up with new strategies to clear the maps and reduce the time.
    I agree with everyone so far... I've been around since day one and when elites first started and ever since, the new elite have always been the ones to overcome... as players we have matured enough to realize we are not strong enough or geared in a way that we can survive every blow but we have learned to overcome, and that is the essence of this game at this moment in time... to learn to use the tools at hand properly.. to learn to work as a "team" on the fly (pugs)... fixing our almost defunct market... please don't nerf it... btw arcane not necessary i have done well with many pugs and i have just mythics, but of course nothing beats good organized guild work... my 2 cents...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Maul? Samael? Arcane pet and weapon? How much player can enjoy this new elite map? Non mythic player? Give up from elite? Ofc u all can say its need strategy, but with your sam n maul, maybe a lot easier than full legendary player. So from now, new item from elite map going high price since not so many player can get it plus rich player become more rich bcoz only them can looted this new elite set. Am i wrong with this? Why dont you wearing all legendary, try to kill elite bosses with your party, how long u need,how many death. Tell us how fun it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hozukreti View Post
    Maul? Samael? Arcane pet and weapon? How much player can enjoy this new elite map? Non mythic player? Give up from elite? Ofc u all can say its need strategy, but with your sam n maul, maybe a lot easier than full legendary player. So from now, new item from elite map going high price since not so many player can get it plus rich player become more rich bcoz only them can looted this new elite set. Am i wrong with this? Why dont you wearing all legendary, try to kill elite bosses with your party, how long u need,how many death. Tell us how fun it is.
    These new maps are challenging, that much is true, but I would like to point out that last season, every solo elite write-up I did was accomplish in Legendary-Only gear.

This season, I have soloed 3 of the 5 maps, and to be completely honest, I own two mythic items - the upgraded helm and armor, the rest of my gear is run-of-the-mill Legendaries. I am hardly rich, in fact, most of my gold revenue goes to buying pots and gems for crafting. I have never had more than 1.5 million gold....ever, so while the rich and arcane may be flashy and have lots of bling, the cliche Skill > Gear still applies. On a whim, last season I soloed Elite Ferrix wearing a lv7 helm and armor - yes, I blew through thousands of pots and died dozens of times, but the fact that it is even achievable is absurd and just further reinforces how important skill and strategy is in these elite maps.

I would strongly recommend that you take the time to review some of my guides in the Elite Chronicles series. They go over, in detail, some of the strategies necessary to be successful. Strategies, such as mob separation, purposeful resets, kiting, terrain utilization, kill prioritization, etc. are all necessary this season. Unlike with the Shuyal expansion, this season, we do not start out with new lv41 Mythic gear, and incredibly powerful weapons; the current crate gear is not comparable to the crate gear last season. This expansion is more like the Kraken Isles campaign, where the elites are truly challenging.

As absurd as these maps may feel now, in the coming weeks, STS plans on releasing newer, more potent gear, so as the available gear evolves, the difficulty level will decrease. Don't feel obligated to immediately complete every elite map within the first week of the release. Each season evolves on it's own timeline, and for those who aggressively farm elites, we were generally disappointed and bored as Shuyal started to wind down.

As of now, these elites are designed for well coordinated parties, competent strategies and mighty struggles. As the learning curve flattens, and new, improved gear is introduced, these elites will become more suitable for your mainstream PUG with disjointed cooperation and wide variances in gear. This evolution will likely take several weeks. In the interim, it seems many players are now farming Elite Nordr and Shuyal, which still offers extremely valuable gear.

I would ask that you give it a few weeks before you pass judgement. A few runs with a solid party may change your mind...
    Last edited by GoodSyntax; 03-27-2014 at 10:44 PM.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Good shout syntax wanted to give u a like but all out :-( thanks for ur comment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Syntax rocks

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    These new maps are challenging, that much is true, but I would like to point out that last season, every solo elite write-up I did was accomplish in Legendary-Only gear.

This season, I have soloed 3 of the 5 maps, and to be completely honest, I own two mythic items - the upgraded helm and armor, the rest of my gear is run-of-the-mill Legendaries. I am hardly rich, in fact, most of my gold revenue goes to buying pots and gems for crafting. I have never had more than 1.5 million gold....ever, so while the rich and arcane may be flashy and have lots of bling, the cliche Skill > Gear still applies. On a whim, last season I soloed Elite Ferrix wearing a lv7 helm and armor - yes, I blew through thousands of pots and died dozens of times, but the fact that it is even achievable is absurd and just further reinforces how important skill and strategy is in these elite maps.

I would strongly recommend that you take the time to review some of my guides in the Elite Chronicles series. They go over, in detail, some of the strategies necessary to be successful. Strategies, such as mob separation, purposeful resets, kiting, terrain utilization, kill prioritization, etc. are all necessary this season. Unlike with the Shuyal expansion, this season, we do not start out with new lv41 Mythic gear, and incredibly powerful weapons; the current crate gear is not comparable to the crate gear last season. This expansion is more like the Kraken Isles campaign, where the elites are truly challenging.

As absurd as these maps may feel now, in the coming weeks, STS plans on releasing newer, more potent gear, so as the available gear evolves, the difficulty level will decrease. Don't feel obligated to immediately complete every elite map within the first week of the release. Each season evolves on it's own timeline, and for those who aggressively farm elites, we were generally disappointed and bored as Shuyal started to wind down.

As of now, these elites are designed for well coordinated parties, competent strategies and mighty struggles. As the learning curve flattens, and new, improved gear is introduced, these elites will become more suitable for your mainstream PUG with disjointed cooperation and wide variances in gear. This evolution will likely take several weeks. In the interim, it seems many players are now farming Elite Nordr and Shuyal, which still offers extremely valuable gear.

I would ask that you give it a few weeks before you pass judgement. A few runs with a solid party may change your mind...
    It is well-said as always, kali I wish I could say it so well that everyone dont judge me like this.
    Thats what Ive been saying to the whiners who cry that elites are too hard. Elites are suposed to be ELITE, not a place that everyone can go in and get everything easily. People want it to be easy and achieveable for the last season gear users, then the new stuff will flood market fast because everyone can do the map, and quickly become nothing. If you are not geared enough, go gear up and stop whining, dudes! ELITES are not the place for anyone who uses smelly helms and broken chains like before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Sam spammers be like...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Ok then, thanks for your comment, maybe need more run to this map, solo or with less party member,maybe this make some different experience for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hozukreti View Post
    Ok then, thanks for your comment, maybe need more run to this map, solo or with less party member,maybe this make some different experience for me.
    If you need help, or just want someone to run with, PM me anytime and I'd be happy to go over some strategies.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Lol... Everyone taking this too serious... Not everyone has the same gaming 'environment' as you pro guys... It could be the duration of playing, gaming skills, concentration, communities, or broadband connection.. everyone has different opinion towards something...
    There's no one perfect way to do elites... If you are going for gold making in elites, then yes, you should invest on gears, lixes and party members. Instead you can just have fun in elites with your friends, laughing each other's stupidity or mistargeted aimed that leads to whole party's death... It's all fun... And it's priceless

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baddiva For This Useful Post: