Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just noticed something rather unimportant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Sts is a small group of people trying to make a living. Theyre focusing on the one that brings in the most money for them. Which is that? Arcane. Is there anything wrong with that? No. Pocket, star, and dark are multiple years old. Its not time to retire just yet, but, its just not economically reasonable to produce a huge content update, such as a new cap, for a game thats miniscule in size compared to arcane. That costs time, money, resources, and manpower, which can be better directed at arcane for larger turn arounds. Think of it like jcpenny. Why would jcpenny set up shop in a small town of 200+, when they can set up shop in a city of 500,000+? Theres more money to be made in the larger town. More money leads to bigger and greater products from sts.

But who am i kidding. This has been said for a long arse time now, yet, nobody cares to listen nor understand.
    PL ~ Mrkrone - FluxPlumage - CrushedHope - CrushedDream - CrushedMind ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrone View Post
    Sts is a small group of people trying to make a living. Theyre focusing on the one that brings in the most money for them. Which is that? Arcane. Is there anything wrong with that? No. Pocket, star, and dark are multiple years old. Its not time to retire just yet, but, its just not economically reasonable to produce a huge content update, such as a new cap, for a game thats miniscule in size compared to arcane. That costs time, money, resources, and manpower, which can be better directed at arcane for larger turn arounds. Think of it like jcpenny. Why would jcpenny set up shop in a small town of 200+, when they can set up shop in a city of 500,000+? Theres more money to be made in the larger town. More money leads to bigger and greater products from sts.

But who am i kidding. This has been said for a long arse time now, yet, nobody cares to listen nor understand.
    Spoken like a genius. Well done my friend.

"That Awkward Moment when a ugly girl acts cute... PINKS OMG" - EliteVirsa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

aha i was jking (possibly)
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    aha i was jking (possibly)
    StG rocks. PL is the first Online Game i was interested in, then Minecraft, then maplestory.

Diablo, WoW, LoL, didnt amuse me at all. So dont talk trash about PL or ill Reckt your Face :P

"That Awkward Moment when a ugly girl acts cute... PINKS OMG" - Elitevirsa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteVirsa View Post
    StG rocks. PL is the first Online Game i was interested in, then Minecraft, then maplestory.

Diablo, WoW, LoL, didnt amuse me at all. So dont talk trash about PL or ill Reckt your Face :P

... never said they were bad... PL is the first game i actually felt has changed my life a few times over, i moved houses a few years apback and was sad tht i had to leave when i was just becoming popular pl helped me thru dat and now after 3yrs of pl i havent seen a cap in almost 1.5yrs im beginning to lose hope u can think what u want but thts my PoV
    Last edited by Burningdex; 03-29-2014 at 04:19 AM.
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Jumping the gun a bit, arent we? Dex never said they were bad, just alluding to the lack of updates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Jumping the gun a bit, arent we? Dex never said they were bad, just alluding to the lack of updates.
    ... never said they were bad... PL is the first game i actually felt has changed my life a few times over, i moved houses a few years apback and was sad tht i had to leave when i was just becoming popular pl helped me thru dat and now after 3yrs of pl i havent seen a cap in almost 1.5yrs im beginning to lose hope u can think what u want but thts my PoV
    Okay. love you all :*

Ill SLAP you so HARD your gonna forget my NAME, IF you dont GIVE me your GOLD. <-- Period

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Okay. love you all :*

Ill SLAP you so HARD your gonna forget my NAME, IF you dont GIVE me your GOLD. <-- Period
    Is that last part your new tapatalk sig? Its getting really hard to tell when it it and isnt...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Believe it or not... Pl is a very young game. Under 4 years actually. That is a short short time period for a game.

IF sts cared to keep dedicated players interest, they would not shove ALL their team into one game. That definitely enlarges that one game, but without a very miniscule amount of new content every month, the game will fade---> or just lose all their dedicated veterans who support/are the community. Without the community the game won't survive.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Argyros For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes i change it pretty often

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    Believe it or not... Pl is a very young game. Under 4 years actually. That is a short short time period for a game.

IF sts cared to keep dedicated players interest, they would not shove ALL their team into one game. That definitely enlarges that one game, but without a very miniscule amount of new content every month, the game will fade---> or just lose all their dedicated veterans who support/are the community. Without the community the game won't survive.
    Oh no, dont get me wrong, ive been here since launch, albeit not on this same account. I understand that the community makes the game. Have you even taken heart to notice, though, that there are still tons of new people streaming in everyday, even on SL? The community will continue to stay for a much longer time than it already has. These games are far from dead. Even without new updates, you will still return to the game in hopes of meeting up with old friends. Every single one of us built up too much sentimental value with these games to just toss them aside and forget about them because no updates were produced. Without the community, yes, the game wont survive, but, the community will always return.

I may just be a weirdo, but to me, it makes perfect sense to only support arcane at this time. Sts needs the money, and theyre going for it. Heres a cruddy analogy: why should the developers behind CoD make dlc for modern warfare 2, but not ghosts? Ghosts is the newest, and brings the most money. Yes, people still play modern warfare 2, and a good amount at that. But, its just not enough people to warrant making new dlc for. Arcane legends is ghosts, here.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I may just be a weirdo, but to me, it makes perfect sense to only support arcane at this time. Sts needs the money, and theyre going for it. Heres a cruddy analogy: why should the developers behind CoD make dlc for modern warfare 2, but not ghosts? Ghosts is the newest, and brings the most money. Yes, people still play modern warfare 2, and a good amount at that. But, its just not enough people to warrant making new dlc for. Arcane legends is ghosts, here.
    I'm happy that I get to be Arcane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Oh no, dont get me wrong, ive been here since launch, albeit not on this same account. I understand that the community makes the game. Have you even taken heart to notice, though, that there are still tons of new people streaming in everyday, even on SL? The community will continue to stay for a much longer time than it already has. These games are far from dead. Even without new updates, you will still return to the game in hopes of meeting up with old friends. Every single one of us built up too much sentimental value with these games to just toss them aside and forget about them because no updates were produced. Without the community, yes, the game wont survive, but, the community will always return.

Lol. The community will never go away. But the shape the community is in will dramatically change. Comparing the constructiveness of the community now and to 3 years ago, you will see the difference. It creates a bad environment when a community is stuck up with trolls and dirty players. We have recently lost Crimsontider. So many GOOD players have left...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

the old community is dead the nerf killed us i quit for a year im back now and this community has gone to complete garbage

im younger and i have more of a set mid set and that is my opinion community has gone downhill its still amazing but no where near as good as it used to be and the less the devs support us the more the community is going to decline

even in forest haven the new players are asking about next level rise
    nothing lasts forever

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Burningdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

To be fair, the community has always been filled with trolls. Community has gotten worse, i agree, but worse does not mean the same thing as dead. We have lost a multitude of good players over time, but a majority of them still check in every so often. My beloved skeletonlord, for example. He left last year and still pops up.

We are degrading, we are running backwards down a hill, but we are still here! If we continue to complain about it all, its only going to get worse. Set a good example, help lead the newer generations onwards, and build the community back up! If you want more content, you gotta work for it, and help promote the games, not degrade them with complaints about lack of content and the death of a community. I hate to say this, but, be strong and carry on. Show how much you care for and love the game, and praise it. Help rebuild it. Dont knock it down out of nostalgia for what it once was. If people see complaints about lack of content and all this, they wont want to stick around. Its counter productive to complain. Set a good first impression upon the new guys. Show them that its worth it to stay and to continue funding spacetime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

To be fair, the community has always been filled with trolls. Community has gotten worse, i agree, but worse does not mean the same thing as dead. We have lost a multitude of good players over time, but a majority of them still check in every so often. My beloved skeletonlord, for example. He left last year and still pops up.

We are degrading, we are running backwards down a hill, but we are still here! If we continue to complain about it all, its only going to get worse. Set a good example, help lead the newer generations onwards, and build the community back up! If you want more content, you gotta work for it, and help promote the games, not degrade them with complaints about lack of content and the death of a community. I hate to say this, but, be strong and carry on. Show how much you care for and love the game, and praise it. Help rebuild it. Dont knock it down out of nostalgia for what it once was. If people see complaints about lack of content and all this, they wont want to stick around. Its counter productive to complain. Set a good first impression upon the new guys. Show them that its worth it to stay and to continue funding spacetime.

we have been trying for a new cap for atleast a year
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

we have been trying for a new cap for atleast a year
    So youre giving up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

So youre giving up?
    The community is not going to return to its former state, without out new content/or some major rebalnces ect/help from devs. Thats the bottom line. We need Levelone here for this classic non-pessimistic but realistic conversation lol.

If you were not aware of Crimsontider's Movement, I'd look that up. It narrows down to being this- no matter how many threads/guides you make, its not going to affect the community as a whole in game. The only way to make a difference, is to go in game and be rolemodel/help to new players. Basically be the change. That's all you can do.

Without some developer involvement, that still will not go far. Will made a great thread about nerfs/rebalances, that spoke for the community to get the devs to do something. That worked. It was still a stretch.

TBH- PL will get some rebalances and content in the future. I am also predicting there will be a new cap. Eventually. Once AL as another cap or two under its belt, it will sizzle down and STS will look to its other games again. Then their will be another game lol. IMO.

Your role model in PL is Skelly?

Mine is AbsolutePally gg.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Argyros For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

mine was crim redbridge and absolutepally lel
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Is there a problem with skelly being my rolemodel? ._.