Thread: Safer Tades with new Gold Cap + Gold Amount Clearly Displayed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Default Safer Tades with new Gold Cap + Gold Amount Clearly Displayed

Players do trades every day that involve more than the gold cap. It's risky business, there's no denying it. In order to protect players who do trades in items that are valued at more than the gold cap from getting scammed, the gold cap could be raised.

Raising The Gold Cap

This is a suggestion to raise the gold cap (the amount of gold that can be on a character, stashed, traded, or bought/sold on the CS) from 9,999,999 to 50M or even 100M, while leaving the "Unlimited Luxury" achievement at the present 9,999,999 gold amount.

The text for the "Unlimited Luxury" achievement currently says:
    "Awarded for accumulating the maximum gold count! (9,999,999)."

It could simply be changed to:
    "Awarded for accumulating 9,999,999 gold."

Then when the gold cap is raised to 50M or 100M, the achievement is unchanged, while players could then safely do trades valued at up to the new gold cap within the trade window.

Adding Clarity To The Amount of Gold In A Trade, CS Listing, Stash, Characters, Etc.

Additionally, since there are no delimiters (such as a comma) for the amount of gold displayed in trades, I've seen that some people don't realize a 0 is missing during a trade, and then they sell an item for a lot less than they intended. For example, they intended to sell for 4000000, but didn't notice the 0 missing, and sold for 400000. Ouch! Yes, they should pay better attention, but there is also room for improvement. With an increase to the gold cap, it would become even more important to add clarity to the amount of gold being traded.

To remedy this, I suggest two things. First, for ease of reading, the digits be divided into groups using a delimiter. For example, instead of displaying as 4000000, display instead as 4,000,000. And second, display, in parenthesis after the comma-delimited amount, an abbreviated form of the amount of gold involved, such as K for thousands and M for millions. Or simply spell it out: Million, Thousand.

For example, delimited and abbreviated (FWIW, I favor this approach):
    Gold: 4,000,000 (4M)
    Gold: 29,500,000 (29.5M)
    Gold: 567,000 (567K)
    Gold: 50,500 (50.5K)
    Gold: 500

For example, delimited and spelled out:
    Gold: 4,000,000 (4 Million)
    Gold: 29,500,000 (29.5 Million)
    Gold: 567,000 (567 Thousand)
    Gold: 50,500 (50.5 Thousand)
    Gold: 500

The gold amount should be comma-delimited (and abbreviated where appropriate) everywhere in the game and not only in the trade window, so please also add to the CS, stash, characters, etc. for the purposes of clarity and consistency.

Not every country uses a comma to mark the thousands and millions, some use a decimal point, and as a result, I realize the delimiter may have been left off in PL to avoid confusion among our international community. However, if the comma is adopted and displayed along with the abbreviated or spelled out amount of gold, as shown above, then there really should be zero room for confusion on the amount of gold being offered in the trade window.

These are necessary and easy improvements, and I would be grateful to see them in a forthcoming update to Pocket Legends.

Kind regards
    Last edited by Draebatad; 03-28-2014 at 09:01 PM.

2. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post: