Default PvE tank build

WM 2/5 (Increased Radius)
    Jugg 5/5
    VB 2/5 (Focused Rage)
    HoR 5/5

Int 5/5
    Durability/Might 5/5
    Quickness/Might 5/5

Hows my build? And as you can see, I'm confused on passives. The point of this build is to maximize agro control with WM, HoR, and Juggernaut, and support the party with Juggernaut, HoR, and VB.

I have never tried CS, and I don't think jumping forward with SS allows you to hold agro very well? SS doesn't have a taunting upgrade either

Also, why do people put so many points into VB (most of the upgrades, by reading their description, are self offensive buffs), WM (again, offensive buffs to the attack but does nothing for teammates) and SS (read WM)?
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 03-29-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Your horn of renew heals based upon your damage so the more damage you have the more your heal will do on both you and your allies
    Check out this thread if you havent already my build was based on lvl 36 cap but now you can basiclly max all skills , or add more points to your passives http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...rior-PvE-Build
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vandslaux View Post
    WM 2/5 (Increased Radius)
    Jugg 5/5
    VB 2/5 (Focused Rage)
    HoR 5/5

Int 5/5
    Durability/Might 5/5
    Quickness/Might 5/5

Hows my build? And as you can see, I'm confused on passives. The point of this build is to maximize agro control with WM, HoR, and Juggernaut, and support the party with Juggernaut, HoR, and VB.

I have never tried CS, and I don't think jumping forward with SS allows you to hold agro very well? SS doesn't have a taunting upgrade either

Also, why do people put so many points into VB (most of the upgrades, by reading their description, are self offensive buffs), WM (again, offensive buffs to the attack but does nothing for teammates) and SS (read WM)?
    What I am using at 41:

5/5 HoR
    5/5 VB
    4/5 WM, no cripple
    3/5 SS, only damage and stun
    3/5 Jugg, only ignore pain and second wind
    5/5 Axe

5/5 Str
    5/5 Damage
    5/5 Armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    What I am using at 41:

5/5 HoR
    5/5 VB
    4/5 WM, no cripple
    5/5 Axe

5/5 Str
    5/5 Damage
    5/5 Armor
    What to use when? Ik to use axe during bosses only, but what about when to use SS, WM, Jugg, and VB? HoR is all the time i assume

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

What to use when? Ik to use axe during bosses only, but what about when to use SS, WM, Jugg, and VB? HoR is all the time i assume
    You should make a repec IMO. Int, quickness passives aren't useful for a tank. My build is very similar to crow's. For easy elites and normal maps I use SS,WM,VB,HoR. For hard mobs I'll change Ss for jaug. For boss i use axe instead of SS almost.
    Last edited by CrazyTank; 03-29-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Fire View Post
    You should make a repec IMO. Int, quickness passives aren't useful for a tank. My build is very similar to crow's. For easy elites and normal maps I use SS,WM,VB,HoR. For hard mobs I'll change Ss for jaug. For boss i use axe instead of SS almost.
    This about sums it up. I am not using jugg in the new elites since they are maps which have a small amount of powerful mobs instead of hundreds of annoying ones (like the vines in shuyal). Jugg stays in my line up for running shuyal, nodor, and PvP (if I dare go there).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

This about sums it up. I am not using jugg in the new elites since they are maps which have a small amount of powerful mobs instead of hundreds of annoying ones (like the vines in shuyal). Jugg stays in my line up for running shuyal, nodor, and PvP (if I dare go there).
    yea. jugg useless in new elites bt good a boss tho.

Junior Member Darren Joseph del Prado's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Axe comes in really handy when it comes to bosses, ive been farming elites since I started the game and based on experience there is more possibility of a reroll when you last hit the boss, just use your charged axe when the boss is already about to die then voila higher chance of reroll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

What I am using at 41:

5/5 HoR
    5/5 VB
    4/5 WM, no cripple
    5/5 Axe

5/5 Str
    5/5 Damage
    5/5 Armor
    so , no int ? pots gonna be run off fast though

Sent from my grandpa's Nokia 3310
    I'm Beothius and also Nesloaisz in-game
    "Prepare for unforseen consequences." - Half Life: Episod Two

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khairi View Post
    so , no int ? pots gonna be run off fast though

Sent from my grandpa's Nokia 3310
    VB returns mama as you take damage. If you are being the tank and holding aggro you rarely use mama potions. I bought 7.5k of each elixir in season two and I still have 3k mana potions left, granted klaas has given me a few thousand over the year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

VB returns mama as you take damage. If you are being the tank and holding aggro you rarely use mama potions. I bought 7.5k of each elixir in season two and I still have 3k mana potions left, granted klaas has given me a few thousand over the year.
    nice one , i gotta follow your build since i like tanking rather than doing damage.
    I'm Beothius and also Nesloaisz in-game
    "Prepare for unforseen consequences." - Half Life: Episod Two

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khairi View Post
    nice one , i gotta follow your build since i like tanking rather than doing damage.
    Its a fairly high damage build, I'm considering dropping SS for CS though. Jugg doesn't work well in tindrid and a CS, WM, HoR, VB combo sounds good. The down side is SS is extremely helpful when running regular mapos and km3.

As a hybrid spec my spec seems to cover it all. I admit that there are ways to make it pure elite, pure regular maps, and pure PvP. I just don't know what I am willing to sacrifice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Its a fairly high damage build, I'm considering dropping SS for CS though. Jugg doesn't work well in tindrid and a CS, WM, HoR, VB combo sounds good. The down side is SS is extremely helpful when running regular mapos and km3.

As a hybrid spec my spec seems to cover it all. I admit that there are ways to make it pure elite, pure regular maps, and pure PvP. I just don't know what I am willing to sacrifice.
    No offensive, but: You are lvl 40, have you ever been in last two elite maps? How you can say, that Jugg doesnt work well?
    And second: in the past topics you propagating WM,Jugg,VB,HoR build for elites. Fairly high damage build with ONE dmg skill? Use your math and match with rogue dmg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    No offensive, but: You are lvl 40, have you ever been in last two elite maps? How you can say, that Jugg doesnt work well?
    And second: in the past topics you propagating WM,Jugg,VB,HoR build for elites. Fairly high damage build with ONE dmg skill? Use your math and match with rogue dmg.
    I have run all but spider boss with him. We do well when he off tanks and i main tank. Only better combo ive had with another tank is singhamm and his arcane maul. With crow i used my maul and he used his glaive and we traded agro and could handle larger pulls. With sing i used my pavise and felt much like the main tank and our procs were alot of fun. Both were effective. Prolly a little faster with crow. More fun watching the lightning storm from sing and i.Either way to each his own. I dont think i could give up jugg and i have successfully tanked each elite. And since crow, sing,jirik, and i (saazagain) are in same guild we could try different things together. Anyone for 4 war rendtail? =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    1) Yes, I am still level 41

2) I've gotten every elite AP already.

3) as you informed me, and I later tested, jugg's self heal is a 50% chance each time you are attacked at under 25% HP. The new maps use a handful of very power mobs instead of a large number of week ones (like previous seasons). Additionally, there is no DoT effect mobs can lay (unlike shuyal mages) which you can use to trigger jugg.

An additional thing you should notice is each pull takes 1-3min as opposed to 2min max like last season. I gained no long term survival from jugg thus I am currently not using it (shuyal was the first season I even used it).

4) Math wise, VB and WM deal more damage over time than SS and WM. Therefore, yes, I use one attack skill in shuyal.

5) if you read all my posts, since you are now the crowsfoot genius, you will note that I admit struggling with the new elite and am considering dropping SS for 3/5 CS and using a CS, WM, VB, HoR map for elite tindrid.

6) to add on to the jugg note, it was most effective in map 2 with the armadillos in the pull at the T joint. I unmapped it finally on map 4 and the stun from SS seemed to he'll the party more. Since there are fewer mobs, SS stuns a higher percent of mobs than any previous elite map per pull. Oh look, I used math again. Its almost like I don't just make random stuff up. May I remind you that you once claimed WM repels mobs instead of tau ting them.

7) I don't have taunt in HoR yet so I usually run a two warrior party to make do. A two warrior two rogue party has been the most successful so far, and I expect that to become my new standard once I cap (3.5k xp to go). Vixen is also another way to survive pulls, its a last resort and not suggested if you want a fast run.

8) I'm not sure why you added that last line. Obviously a rogue deals more damage or I would run 4 warriors all day long. I try to maximize my damage as best I can while maintaining a taunt because damage is a factor in keeping aggro in this game (test it). Therefore, I may as well use that to my advantage. If I can hold just as much aggro with a higher damage output I will do it. Wouldn't you?
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 03-30-2014 at 09:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saazapek View Post
    I have run all but spider boss with him. We do well when he off tanks and i main tank. Only better combo ive had with another tank is singhamm and his arcane maul. With crow i used my maul and he used his glaive and we traded agro and could handle larger pulls. With sing i used my pavise and felt much like the main tank and our procs were alot of fun. Both were effective. Prolly a little faster with crow. More fun watching the lightning storm from sing and i.Either way to each his own. I dont think i could give up jugg and i have successfully tanked each elite. And since crow, sing,jirik, and i (saazagain) are in same guild we could try different things together. Anyone for 4 war rendtail? =)
    4 warriors? Let me grab a six pack, a lawn chair, clear two days off my schedule, and take a nap half way through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

If you go with SS may I suggest you try 4/5 no mama? The extended range will help with actually hitting more mobs and adding a chance to stun more at the same time. For some reason I'd rather have a 25% chance of stunning than 100% chance to feeble via CS,

I've gone pure tank once again since the new elites (nordr, shuyal, tindrin) need that specialization. With 4 skills, your passives will more than make up any damage and HP you may lose by dropping VB.

My build

4/5 SS no mana
    4/5 WM no cripple
    5/5 Jugg (yes taunt and second wInd, might as well max this skill)
    5/5 HoR

Passives might/damage/armor/knowledge and 2 points in whatever. I've had no complaints so far from any of my parties

PS - we really need sticky with various build types.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    If you go with SS may I suggest you try 4/5 no mama? The extended range will help with actually hitting more mobs and adding a chance to stun more at the same time. For some reason I'd rather have a 25% chance of stunning than 100% chance to feeble via CS,

I've gone pure tank once again since the new elites (nordr, shuyal, tindrin) need that specialization. With 4 skills, your passives will more than make up any damage and HP you may lose by dropping VB.

My build

4/5 SS no mana
    4/5 WM no cripple
    5/5 Jugg (yes taunt and second wInd, might as well max this skill)
    5/5 HoR

Passives might/damage/armor/knowledge and 2 points in whatever. I've had no complaints so far from any of my parties

PS - we really need sticky with various build types.
    25 Int and 10 Dex doesn't make up for a skill that adds 50 str, 25% damage, and 25% crit chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

haha nice guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Every player has a different playstyle therefore you might develop a different build for tanking.

Hector's build works great for him and I have no qualms about it when running. He does a damn good job with it and never dies on trash in Elite Tindirin.

So my suggestion for you is to find what works for YOU and not follow a specific players build.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post: