Thread: Crafting Idea

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Question Crafting Idea

Dragkin teeth have become a very large influence in the current game play. There is even a way to turn dragkin teeth into EGDs (thank you sts). However, there is a down side to the inclusion of this. Players can now harvest EGDs without ever running an elite map. On first note I would think that elite is still more profitable since you can also loot EGDs directly from those bosses. However, due to the length of time needed to run an elite map verses a regular map you actually gain teeth faster on regular maps.

This is unsettling with me since I believe that elite should, in all aspects, be better for farming items/gold than regular maps. I have brainstormed a few solutions to this and would also appreciate additional feedback/suggestions.

1) Offer a daily that rewards dragkin teeth for defeating a certain number of elite tindrid bosses.

2) Make elite bosses have a chance of dropping multiple dragkin teeth at a time.

3) Make a daily that rewards an EGD for defeating a certain number of elite tindrid bosses.

4) Allow players to purchase a recipe with dragkin teeth that can craft a certain number of ECDs into a single ESD and offer a second recipe that can craft a certain number of ESDs into a single EGD.

Of those ideas, I like #1 and #4 the most. Please, share your opinions 👍

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Dailies would be nice. Gives some satisfaction rather than running through maps for an hour with only 1-2 tooth to show for it.

#4 sounds reasonable.. It's similar to the Tarlok's Wrath crafting system.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Yeah elite dailies would be nice like nordr. These maps are noticeably harder and require some plat burning revives. Many players are turned off from elites as they take too long xD
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    #4 sounds reasonable.. It's similar to the Tarlok's Wrath crafting system.
    That's where I got the idea. Perhaps, 100 teeth per recipe (non tradable) and require 10 chests per crafting of a higher rank chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Yeah elite dailies would be nice like nordr. These maps are noticeably harder and require some plat burning revives. Many players are turned off from elites as they take too long xD
    I am being slightly turned off by elite. Even a daily of 5 teeth per 20 bosses would keep me encouraged since I can, with effort, run 10-30 maps a day usually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Dragkin's dentures (#2). Sounds nice!
    +4!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I Like The Hardness Of The Elites, But There Is A Downside Too It, It Takes An Hour To Finish 1 Map! Time I Just Don't Have To PlaY Strait.
    Click the link to get to my new Signature Shop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

1) I like this idea.
    2) We always have maps where we can run faster than other maps. If we will have a chance for multiple teeth in Wilds, whether we play on other maps? Multiple teeth would be fair for hardest maps like Magma Corridor and Rockhorn Summit, but we already have additional chance for tooth and even for archon rings from mini-boss, which I saw at least at 5th map.
    3) If we had, for example, 5 additional teeth for 10 or even 20 elite bosses (point 1), it would be great! But EGD equivalent 40 teeth! Not sure about the daily quest "Kill 120 elite bosses and get the chest" will cause understanding. Even as a nice bonus, it looks a little ridiculous.
    4) This is a very tempting idea. The only problem is that even if the recipes will be cost a large number of teeth, someone will be able spend it for recipes and craft chests for all his friends and guildies. Tarlok chests were untradable as we remember.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Honestly elites have never been more profitable in the long run from my experience. You lose thousands in potions and rarely get a good item of worth. I always made more money overall just farming locked in normal maps and even if I don't find anything I gain a few thousand gold from just running the maps.

Elites are only profitable if you get one of those few really expensive items that rarely drop. Then you can make up your losses in potions. Expect to lose gold overall running elite maps till you find that expensive piece of gear.

Any of your ideas are great to allow elite players to get more teeth but elites will never be more profitable overall because of the time it takes, amount of potions used and low drop rates of expensive items. You either hit it big or lose just like opening crates or merching.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Honestly elites have never been more profitable in the long run from my experience. You lose thousands in potions and rarely get a good item of worth. I always made more money overall just farming locked in normal maps and even if I don't find anything I gain a few thousand gold from just running the maps.

Elites are only profitable if you get one of those few really expensive items that rarely drop. Then you can make up your losses in potions. Expect to lose gold overall running elite maps till you find that expensive piece of gear.

Any of your ideas are great to allow elite players to get more teeth but elites will never be more profitable overall because of the time it takes, amount of potions used and low drop rates of expensive items. You either hit it big or lose just like opening crates or merching.
    Watch the gear that drops be worth 100-200k max within the next month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Watch the gear that drops be worth 100-200k max within the next month.
    Oh it will. It's Exactly why I'm waiting on buying the new gear. Plus none of it improves my stats at all except dps which I find useless on a Mage.

This just proves my point that elites will never be more profitable than a leprechaun and easy stages. There is no reason to think they would.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Oh it will. It's Exactly why I'm waiting on buying the new gear. Plus none of it improves my stats at all except dps which I find useless on a Mage.

This just proves my point that elites will never be more profitable than a leprechaun and easy stages. There is no reason to think they would.
    Oltgar was the most profitable map in the game thanks to the juggernauts of nordor daily. I made more in the nordor expansion than any other season. The only season that had a higher chance of being more profitable was season 2 where farming elite jarl looted the best gear in the game except for the best armor.