Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Maps are SOOOO HARDDDDD!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Elite Maps are SOOOO HARDDDDD!!!!

I see everyone complaining about how hard these new elite maps are. I too have become frustrated a few times, once having died about 30 times during a run on map #5 that took over an hour, only to loot a green "rare" item and no teeth.

Whether or not to make these maps easier is a big dilemma... If they make the maps easier, then the elite magma items are going to go WAY DOWN in price. Yes, we will then be able to run these maps in 10-15 minutes instead of 30-60 minutes, but it will no longer be possible to loot a top magma weapon worth 2-3m. Instead the best items will be worth 300-500k like was the case in elite shuyal last season. Right now if you get any sort of magma item on elite maps 2-5 (not counting "the wilds" as that map is already pretty easy), it is worth 500k+. Last season in elite shuyal, you could loot an architect item that was worth 5k. It happened to me quite often and was discouraging to say the last.

After thinking about it all evening, I think they should keep it hard. While it becomes frustrating at times, and it does force us to make a decision about how much we care about PvE deaths, I do think there is a certain amount of excitement in the possibility of looting a really pricey item. If the best I can do is loot an item worth 500k, and there is a possibility I could re-roll to a legendary item worth only 5k, I probably would not bother running elites much. But with the possibility of looting items worth 2m+, it keeps me out there. Even if it means I die a ton and I only have time to run 2 or 3 elites each day, it still keeps the game more exciting.

Also, as the season progresses, they are going to release newer and better weapons, including new mythics. And those will boost our stats and make these dungeons a bit easier. So I suggest everyone have some patience and do your best. Remember there is no leaderboard for KDR, only for kills. So enjoy these hard dungeons, and if you die a ton like I do, just get back up and keep trying. Maybe you will get lucky and strike it rich!

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Needs arcanes to feel the ease in current maps..
    Making them easy would be unfair..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Linkincena For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Thumbs down

The only difficulty i encounter on the new elites is the fact people quit in the middle of runs...

For example yesterday out of 15 attempts on tindirin elites only 2 ended with the boss dead.

This piss me off.

#IfYouKnowYouAreQuitterWarnMeSoIDon'tWasteMyPotsAn dDeaths.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 03-30-2014 at 03:39 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

the elite maps are fine with me.

they are not as hard as you think if you have the right team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I feel you lol
    Teacakes - Sorc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

lol idk who gonna buy those lame magma gear who hav mythic set since season4.

also magma will set cost 3m. and ppl who can afford 3m can also afford mythic set.
    mythic set best set so ppl gonna buy mythic set instead of magma gear.

only magma weapons r worth farming.

so better not to do hard elite maps. i m doing only easy elites atm like mali wrathjaw and kettle hunt.
    Last edited by utpal; 03-30-2014 at 05:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

I would polemise. None will buy it, Magma gear seems up compared to myth and it is LITTLE BIT BETTER than conquistador gear.
    I don't see point to make something expensive from it, since it isn't worth its price. I definitley prefer to buy mythic set than magma gear lol.
    To those who want to get midas (i will add they have at least 3 myths in their eq) elites are fine,
    to others - no. However, Only elites which are possible to do to PURE unmythic mage are elites from brackenridge, yrda, death city and a lil bit kraken isles.
    Nordr is real pain, i will apart from shuyal and enclave elites now...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadroth For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Love these Elites... Don't reduce the level of the hardness. Quitters Complaint

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

The death as mage wracking up running elites is a little sad, I have to admit. But I like to farm these weaps people buying up! So I do it.

And yes elite shuyal is off.the.chain. I took friend there yesterday for elite inan. The mobs are really hard. I get one shot from the mage clouds, and the red cone is so huge there is no where to stand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Good points. As many times as I have ran back, it is well worth it when you loot an item that is 500K+. Heck if you loot an Elite Golden Dragonscale chest, that is already around 100k+. Well worth it.

The Shuyal Expansion was WAY too easy being the fact I was able to solo a majority of them. This time around it seems more challenging and my fingers are probably getting numb from potting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

i earned 200 death today . and looted 2 geen item, 1 tooth. Happy farming

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supersyan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    The Shuyal Expansion was WAY too easy being the fact I was able to solo a majority of them. This time around it seems more challenging and my fingers are probably getting numb from potting.
    OK but the red cone of death lights up my whole screen. Where ya supposed to stand to kill mobs? IMO it's a little much. Id rather spend time farm new elites right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

are they harder than my....:P nvm nothin can beat that lol...havnt tried em out yet...im waiting for the pros to make tactics..when they do..then ill finish them just for the aps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey View Post
    are they harder than my....:P nvm nothin can beat that lol...havnt tried em out yet...im waiting for the pros to make tactics..when they do..then ill finish them just for the aps
    I spit my coffee out banana man.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

The only this that is "too hard" in my opinion is Elite Rendtail - and by that, I mean just the boss, not the run to get there.

The Caves of Tarewa are borderline impossible to solo, but in party, I don't find it too difficult. Yes, there are a lot of one-hitters in these maps, but as the OP said, the promise of an extremely valuable drop keeps me coming back. So far, I have soloed every map except Rendtail, so while very challenging, I find them all appropriate for an elite map.

To be honest, the only thing that is too hard is the amount of pots I burn through during an extended farming run. Right now, while the drops are valuable, I am torching 5-7k HP pots and an equivalent number of mana pots per day. This is on top of buying reroll and the dozens of plat revives I go through per day. The gold and plat expenditures right now are grossly OP.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I see everyone complaining about how hard these new elite maps are. I too have become frustrated a few times, once having died about 30 times during a run on map #5 that took over an hour, only to loot a green "rare" item and no teeth.

Whether or not to make these maps easier is a big dilemma... If they make the maps easier, then the elite magma items are going to go WAY DOWN in price. Yes, we will then be able to run these maps in 10-15 minutes instead of 30-60 minutes, but it will no longer be possible to loot a top magma weapon worth 2-3m. Instead the best items will be worth 300-500k like was the case in elite shuyal last season. Right now if you get any sort of magma item on elite maps 2-5 (not counting "the wilds" as that map is already pretty easy), it is worth 500k+. Last season in elite shuyal, you could loot an architect item that was worth 5k. It happened to me quite often and was discouraging to say the last.

After thinking about it all evening, I think they should keep it hard. While it becomes frustrating at times, and it does force us to make a decision about how much we care about PvE deaths, I do think there is a certain amount of excitement in the possibility of looting a really pricey item. If the best I can do is loot an item worth 500k, and there is a possibility I could re-roll to a legendary item worth only 5k, I probably would not bother running elites much. But with the possibility of looting items worth 2m+, it keeps me out there. Even if it means I die a ton and I only have time to run 2 or 3 elites each day, it still keeps the game more exciting.

Also, as the season progresses, they are going to release newer and better weapons, including new mythics. And those will boost our stats and make these dungeons a bit easier. So I suggest everyone have some patience and do your best. Remember there is no leaderboard for KDR, only for kills. So enjoy these hard dungeons, and if you die a ton like I do, just get back up and keep trying. Maybe you will get lucky and strike it rich!
    Elite mobs are actually very interesting this season. Against the usual method of simply adding more mobs to make it difficult, STS has designed maps with a fairly low mob count but each mob is extremely powerful. Jugg has stopped being the solution and I had to rethink my entire strategy towards elite. I am, for one, satisfied in that aspect.

However, bosses are a different story. I have, so far, run the first four elite maps and all but the first boss ended up one hitting me (troll 3 times, Alargan 1 time, Arachna 2 times). I don't understand why the best way to make a boss difficult was to give them attacks that always kill even the highest HP/Armor characters. I would have liked to see bosses who require strategy rather than total avoidance of their attacks.

IMO no boss should one hit, and no boss should be easy.

Some bosses have been difficult without being one hit your did. I would very much like to see bosses similar to the following in further expansions, since they have been my favorites so far:

1) Gual (I don't know why we haven't seen another boss that spawns bosses)

2) Bael (Heavy debuffs and that annoying shield kept ypou on your toes)

3) Bloodhammer II (Healing with certain attacks forceasn you to keep moving)

4) Alpha Wolf (as annoying as that reflect attack was, it required strategy and was a fun boss when the party didn't rage quit)

5) Overgrow (Kill mages fast or he heals, immortal form short periods, stun lock if you don't move around constantly. Overgrow is probably my all time favorite)
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 03-30-2014 at 09:26 AM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

forgot to add. The usual fireball stun , ice and clock not working on scorns and snakes. May be new map designed for upcoming skill change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Elite mobs are actually very interesting this season. Against the usual method of simply adding more mobs to make it difficult, STS has designed maps with a fairly low mob count but each mob is extremely powerful. Jugg has stopped being the solution and I had to rethink my entire strategy towards elite. I am, for one, satisfied in that aspect.

However, bosses are a different story. I have, so far, run the first four elite maps and all but the first boss ended up one hitting me (troll 3 times, Alargan 1 time, Arachna 2 times). I don't understand why the best way to make a boss difficult was to give them attacks that always kill even the highest HP/Armor characters. I would have liked to see bosses who require strategy rather than total avoidance of their attacks.
    wat is ur hp and armour? pet euipped too

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersyan View Post
    forgot to add. The usual fireball stun , ice and clock not working on scorns and snakes. May be new map designed for upcoming skill change.
    This post make me happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    wat is ur hp and armour? pet euipped too
    6k+ HP, 2004 Armor

I also have 5/5 passive armor (+5% of whats displayed on inspect). Not to mention, I had jugg active when the troll landed one of his oh so annoying one hits (thus, even reducing the damage of that attack by 20% one hit me).
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 03-30-2014 at 09:30 AM.