Thread: Regarding tarlok gems and normal gems full grand at level 41 items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Default Regarding tarlok gems and normal gems full grand at level 41 items

STS i think you overlook this one.

If i use a tarlok gems in a level 41 items i get +5 +3 so = +8 total stat bonus.

now

when i used normal gems why im only getting +6 total stat bonus?

i think its not fair the stat gap is high.

Please do the math and you will understand what i mean.

31 items = +5 , 36 items = +6 , 41 items = +6 again? maybe it should be +7?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AL-Freelancer

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

I'm not sure I get exactly what you mean. Are you saying that there should be a recurring pattern for caps? I think it is too early to have a recurring pattern, as gems did only come out last season so assumptions like this aren't accurate. Or are you saying that Tarlok gems are overpowered compared to regular gems? Well, it is pretty clear that Tarlok gems should be better, as it is way more expensive and it is an annual event (which is not proved as we have only had Tarlok gems for 1 year). And also, you are sacrificing one stat for a couple of another stat. So use regular gems if you want pure of one stat and use Tarlok's for a mix of two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

They should have made the original exceptional gem +7. Someone on the forums predicted they would have +6 vs +5 +3. But I didn't think they would keep it at +6. Now its too late, if they change it a bunch of people will scream. Mostly people who are holding tarlok gems and trying to get rich. However it wouldn't surprise me if they introduce new gems that do STR/INT, DEX/STR, and INT/DEX. But they won't be bringing back tarlok gems from what I read by Samhayne on the forums. If you really want a tarlok gem I would just stalk cs and buy them at the low point. But having Daddyblu complain about the cost of tarlok gems is funny. I am sure you can afford to buy them up. Hurting your profit margin?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

They do follow a pattern.
    And for lvl 41, they happen to add the same as at lvl 36.

Edit: if they changed the stats at 41, it would alter the stats at all levels as well.

You think Tarlok gem holders would be mad? Think about all those with Tarlok gems in twink items. Especially those with grand Tarlok gems! Or the person who has full grand wind gems in their Arcane ring...! They'd have just spent a fortune in both gold and platinum just to see regular gems become better. I'm sure they'd love to buy through all the timers again...lol
    Last edited by Morholt; 03-31-2014 at 10:17 PM.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    They should have made the original exceptional gem +7. Someone on the forums predicted they would have +6 vs +5 +3. But I didn't think they would keep it at +6. Now its too late, if they change it a bunch of people will scream. Mostly people who are holding tarlok gems and trying to get rich. However it wouldn't surprise me if they introduce new gems that do STR/INT, DEX/STR, and INT/DEX. But they won't be bringing back tarlok gems from what I read by Samhayne on the forums. If you really want a tarlok gem I would just stalk cs and buy them at the low point. But having Daddyblu complain about the cost of tarlok gems is funny. I am sure you can afford to buy them up. Hurting your profit margin?

no its not about the price of tarlok gems.

my point is all 41 items should get a +7 if grand gem.

they said the bonus stats depends on the level of the gear, then why level 36 and 41 should get the same +6 grand gem?

When you craft to tarlok gem why you get + 8?

if you compare the gap is huge. 18 total stat points for normal gems while tarlok get 24 tota stat points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I am still going to use all blood gems for the pure HP boost since its a net gain of 0.1 to 0.3 damage per superior gem (dexterity increases a warrior's damage per unit when gained at a rate based on how much you already have. Thus more is less and less is more, per capita) so the total, best case scenario, 5 damage isn't worth the 150 HP to me.

Tarlok gems are truly for twinks where you get +1, +2 from regular gems and +1(+1), +2(+1) from tarlok gems. There is no down side for them, thus tarlok gems grant them the best possible stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    I am still going to use all blood gems for the pure HP boost since its a net gain of 0.1 to 0.3 damage per superior gem (dexterity increases a warrior's damage per unit when gained at a rate based on how much you already have. Thus more is less and less is more, per capita) so the total, best case scenario, 5 damage isn't worth the 150 HP to me.

Tarlok gems are truly for twinks where you get +1, +2 from regular gems and +1(+1), +2(+1) from tarlok gems. There is no down side for them, thus tarlok gems grant them the best possible stats.
    STS already replied to this by pm and they will look at it.

I hope it will be approved +7 to all 41 gears