Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Elite Difficulty in Arcane Legends

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Default Regarding Elite Difficulty in Arcane Legends

Good Afternoon Legends!

I just wanted to take a moment and chat about the new elites and their difficulty level. After analyzing feedback and monitoring the elite maps in game, we've pushed a patch to Arcane Legends today that may help to balance things out a little bit for people who were having some trouble.

The elite maps/mobs/bosses themselves have not been changed, but we did make a few changes to the newest gear to help out a little bit:

- Boosted the armor stats of the new Elite Legendary Magma gear and Legendary Dragonscale armor sets. This will help to better manage the more difficult mobs in the Tindirin elites for players running in pinks.

- Damage has been increased for the Dragon's Breath Wand of Fatality, Dragonbone Daggers of Tactics, and the Dragonskin Slicer. We feel that the stats are now more in line with how good gear should be for the price.

In addition to the above, we've addressed some other player feedback by giving the Magmatic Claymore a damage boost and giving the Dragon's Breath Staff a more "dragon-ish" appearance. Enjoy!

Name:  staff.jpg
Views: 1626
Size:  96.3 KB

Remember though, even with the new changes the Elites are meant to be very difficult. They take a much higher level of strategy and teamwork than normal maps. Gear up, find a good party and keep at it!
    Last edited by Remiem; 04-02-2014 at 02:40 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Difficulty of the elite maps aren't supposed to be the problem.. They're supposed to be difficult, right? IMO, they should be made slightly harder, something that'll even make the top geared players struggle to survive the whole run.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Difficulty of the elite maps aren't supposed to be the problem.. They're supposed to be difficult, right? IMO, they should be made slightly harder, something that'll even make the top geared players struggle to survive the whole run.
    Then sts might as well get rid of legendary gear of they did this. If top gear players (all mythics/arcanes) had more struggle in elites, how would elite pink users even contend?
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xcainnblecterx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

The game isn't and should never be designed for players with maxed out gear. Designing a game that is extremely difficult for the top 1% is a sure fire way to lose the lower 80% or so.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

8. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default Regarding Elite Difficulty in Arcane Legends

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    [CENTER]

Remember though, even with the new changes the Elites are meant to be very difficult. They take a much higher level of strategy and teamwork than normal maps. Gear up, find a good party and keep at it!
    All, this is the most important part! It's your party, communication, and strategy. Gear only helps. Great gear without a good party gets you nowhere but an under geared party can accomplish a lot.

-Thrindal

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrindal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

For what it's worth, my latest guide will help you get through the Jagged Trail.

Walkthrough available here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...n-Jagged-Trail

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Just a question, why weren't the magmatic blades boosted as well? Thks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Thanks STS for the buffs. For the most part, I find that the red zones have more breathing room in the previous update which was my only complaint. I guess I'll start saving up them teeth drops!

<The Hammer>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thanks Remiem
    Before the update, two enemies on my mage means instant death, and i have over 3,300 health and mythics gear!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhus View Post
    Just a question, why weren't the magmatic blades boosted as well? Thks.

Magmatic blades damage are on par with that of level 36 Razorbacks, albeit sacrificing hp and mana. Maybe that's why

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    The game isn't and should never be designed for players with maxed out gear. Designing a game that is extremely difficult for the top 1% is a sure fire way to lose the lower 80% or so.
    Not what I'm trying to say (or imply), but thanks for stating the obvious!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I just checked the dragonbone staff and what surprises me is that a weapon bought for 125 dragkin teeth gives 40 less damage than a cheap gun found easily in crate ~.~ And the magmatic totems are not that good too, the proc may seem good but still it has less damage than the gun mentioned above (30 for potency, about 15 for brutality), it isnt like last season that the staff had as much damage as the gun with higher dps ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The "game" (the entire game) should not be designed for any one type. Different parts of the game should be designed for different types of players. And yes, there should be some very challenging places in the game for that top 1%, and there should be many places in the game for that "lower 80%".

In case you failed to notice, last season there was nowhere that was difficult for the top 1%, and as a result the top 1% breezed through all the elite maps and looted so many elite legendary items, that soon those legendary items became pretty worthless. So worthless that nobody, including the "lower 80%", wanted to bother farming those elite dungeons anymore, and tons of players quit due to boredom.

So I would argue that the game MUST have some extremely challenging places for that top 1% to be challenged, or else they will simply dominate the rest of the areas and ruin the entire game economy for everyone else. The bottom 80% will still have plenty of areas to go to. They do not have to be able to run every single dungeon to be able to enjoy the game.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 04-03-2014 at 12:30 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    The "game" (the entire game) should not be designed for any one type. Different parts of the game should be designed for different types of players. And yes, there should be some very challenging places in the game for that top 1%, and there should be many places in the game for that "lower 80%".

In case you failed to notice, last season there was nowhere that was difficult for the top 1%, and as a result the top 1% breezed through all the elite maps and looted so many elite legendary items, that soon those legendary items became pretty worthless. So worthless that nobody, including the "lower 80%", wanted to bother farming those elite dungeons anymore, and tons of players quit due to boredom.

So I would argue that the game MUST have some extremely challenging places for that top 1% to be challenged, or else they will simply dominate the rest of the areas and ruin the entire game economy for everyone else. The bottom 80% will still have plenty of areas to go to. They do not have to be able to run every single dungeon to be able to enjoy the game.
    This is quite true tbh and this is the way it should be. But then we see them 80% people ranting on the forums about how difficult stuff is blah blah blah. Result? The strategists lose their opportunities and the skill whammers wham their way through the elites. Phat pinball.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    This is quite true tbh and this is the way it should be. But then we see them 80% people ranting on the forums about how difficult stuff is blah blah blah. Result? The strategists lose their opportunities and the skill whammers wham their way through the elites. Phat pinball.
    I hate to sound elitist, but the majority simply have no idea what they want. What they want is an illusion that cannot exist. They want easy dungeons with expensive loot that they can sell for millions. Having that combination is impossible. If STS were to listen to the majority for all decision they make, the game would soon be destroyed and the game economy would look like that of Zimbabwe.

I think much of the problem is that many of the players are kids and they have yet to live their lives in the real world. One day they will grow up and learn that some people drive Toyotas and Hondas, and other people drive Ferraris and Bentleys, and the fact that Ferraris and Bentleys exist is not detrimental to those who cannot afford the drive them. If anything, the fact that they exist can work as motivation of those who cannot afford them.

The same lessons of real life also work well in games like this. Our minds think alike whether we are living our lives or playing a video game.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Haha I like the example. Translating their words for this example would be "Make Bentley cheaper! We want to be exclusive too!"

Edit- Yes, the AL community is not mature enough to see what's simply good for them. The best example is perhaps the mythic set. I don't really (even now) see why was it upgraded. People cried a lot due to em. And once they were upgraded, loot market crashed (barring few items). And now everyone has a mythic! That decision turned mythic gear into the new pics.

So yes, elites should be tough. Atleast the ones which drop the best loot. Rest can farm jarl/LMM/rooks nest/ SS

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hiosahaf; 04-03-2014 at 01:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Cant agree more!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Not what I'm trying to say (or imply), but thanks for stating the obvious!
    Hey no prob. If I got it wrong, maybe you could explain what this meant.

IMO, they should be made slightly harder, something that'll even make the top geared players struggle to survive the whole run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I hate to sound elitist, but the majority simply have no idea what they want. What they want is an illusion that cannot exist. They want easy dungeons with expensive loot that they can sell for millions. Having that combination is impossible. If STS were to listen to the majority for all decision they make, the game would soon be destroyed and the game economy would look like that of Zimbabwe.
    But whether or not the largest population knows what they want is inconsequential. That's not what's in question here. It's not what they "want", it's what they "need" to keep playing.

You're right, the game shouldn't be design for any particular. But it surely shouldn't be design to exclude people either (obviously talking about end game).

Let me also point out that I'm not saying it does. Just replying to a previous comment that it should be hard enough that top geared players really struggle.

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

...wow...just wow..omg