Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Offensive Names

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the droid changed my totally innocent fishing themed name "MastrBaitr" to "Lovmeeself". i was very dissapointed as the new name has nothing to do with fishing and makes me seem conceited. and now they want to charge me to change it to another name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

Fishing lol

what are you master of the bait

get real we know what u meant
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm 15 and I simply I don't care about Ruid names. If your wondering I'm a teenage guy that's gets in trouble and says the f word a lot your wrong. Only when went in high I started saying those types of words ( tried to stop but it gets hard when your friends do it) Once you go to high you get use to it as all of you may no. I go to a good school and everyone doesn't care of you go crazy with the f's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thugimmortal View Post
    Fishing lol

what are you master of the bait

get real we know what u meant
    i am the master of choosing the correct bait. it is a science.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    During day, there are a group of German players with pro- Nazi names. They creep me out.
    If you are serious (So hard to tell with you ) then let me know where and I will report them. I have reported racist or hate filled names before and have no problems doing it again. As for funny names, well I am usually to busy laughing to report em ...
    Speaking of which, met AuntFlo in game and had to high five em!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol. Believe or not they really do. It is hard to creep me out! I usually don't care. Idk maybe it is because they always play together and I always happen to be the only other one in there. Believe me, their names match what they talk about....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    Lol. Believe or not they really do. It is hard to creep me out! I usually don't care. Idk maybe it is because they always play together and I always happen to be the only other one in there. Believe me, their names match what they talk about....
    Interesting Serachronia, I think we should find them and report them. JK jk... but if I do run across them, I will. Not going to play the game just to find idiots to report... Takes the fun out of the game.
    [B]Level 50 Cyber Void Full Dex Archer: Seratonin, Level 50 (Experimental) Dex/IntMage, Cyber Cosmos, Void: Species,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Cross-eyed yet?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can someone point out this in the ToS?

I like how I was never given a warning. I just received a 7 day ban for my name.

first of all, its a name on a video game that contained no profanity. If you're honestly are offended by something like that you may need a life.

I love how my name wasn't okay, but a sexual reference such as "bowjob" is acceptable?

Total slap in the face to a player whom spent 60$+ on platinum, and recruited several new players.

I think this is INCREDIBLY harsh. I think a name change would have been in order rather than an immediate 7 day ban.

Smh, same on you admins.
    Last edited by Refriedchicken; 12-14-2010 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Refriedchicken View Post

I like how I was never given a warning. I just received a 7 day ban for my name.

first of all, its a name on a video game that contained no profanity. If you're honestly are offended by something like that you may need a life.

I love how my name wasn't okay, but a sexual reference such as "bowjob" is acceptable?

Total slap in the face to a player whom spent 60$+ on platinum, and recruited several new players.
    OK I'll bite. What was your name?

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #70
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We can ban anyone, at anytime, for anything.

Names that refer to pedophilia and racial hatred are usually perma-banned without warning.

This is, at heart, a kid's game and we will do anything we can to strongly protect our little corner of the world.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Names that refer to pedophilia and racial hatred are usually perma-banned without warning..
    Perhaps it is the fact that I have 2 kids talking but I think the ban should be followed up by a serious "behind" kicking!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Refriedchicken View Post

I think this is INCREDIBLY harsh. I think a name change would have been in order rather than an immediate 7 day ban.

Smh, same on you admins.

First of all, what was your name. If the devs think its that bad than they would give you a 7 day ban. Although, i would appreciate a warning, but if someone does happen to have a problem with my twinks name (which i hardly ever play on) then ill just make a new one. the only people who would know about my name would be people who know about the actual reference. and bowjobzs is hiding it in a pretty good way, i doubt 10 year old kids would have a problem with my name, i dont think anyone does because i have never been reported, and when i do log on i get random people telling me "funny name". But i totally agree about racist names, thats just stupid and people who do have racist names should be permabanned. but people who have names that are just funny, i dont they should get in trouble unless its overboard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Names that refer to pedophilia and racial hatred are usually perma-banned without warning.

This is, at heart, a kid's game and we will do anything we can to strongly protect our little corner of the world.
    I tried to explain to you earlier that everything you have access to is not yours, it is STS's property. Basically, they are the Gods of Alterra... They control the destiny of Pocket Legends...
    [B]Level 50 Cyber Void Full Dex Archer: Seratonin, Level 50 (Experimental) Dex/IntMage, Cyber Cosmos, Void: Species,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Cross-eyed yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

people say simple phrases and other people report them because it is starred out. but they are just saying a phrase.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Offensive Names

G thanks for taking such action on not only the language but character names in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^ Future forum mod right there children ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    You are truly an unnecessary user. Exit the forums, wait 1/5 decades, get back on
    (¯`v´¯) toastytorpedo
    .`·.¸.·´ ¸.·´¸.·´¨) IGN
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOASTYTorpedo View Post
    ^ Future forum mod right there children ^^
    Forum mods aren't coming for a long time if ever. Not to mention, no offense anonymous, but if someone was to be a mod, it'd be an educated oldie, with 1.5K+ posts or so IMO. Like Royce for example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Offensive Names

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Forum mods aren't coming for a long time if ever. Not to mention, no offense anonymous, but if someone was to be a mod, it'd be an educated oldie, with 1.5K+ posts or so IMO. Like Royce for example.
    Lets just say I am totally not interested in trying nor am I trying for any "role". I wouldn't even take it if it came with pay. I have a full time Unix System Administrator job that takes enough of my day as it is and I enjoy having my free time to play and do what I want. I enjoy the game which is another reason I am not trying nor looking for any "role" once you get into any game as "staff" you tend to either lose your play time or get put under "rules". So just to be clear I am not trying or looking in case it came across that way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

haha i understand :-) i was kind of joking but i just couldn't pass the opportunity up
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    You are truly an unnecessary user. Exit the forums, wait 1/5 decades, get back on
    (¯`v´¯) toastytorpedo
    .`·.¸.·´ ¸.·´¸.·´¨) IGN
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Offensive Names

Quote Originally Posted by TOASTYTorpedo View Post
    haha i understand :-) i was kind of joking but i just couldn't pass the opportunity up
    Well I have seen the people on many games that you are talking about so understand where you were coming from.