Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PvE, Farming, Capping, Mythics/Arcanes... They're all becoming too mainstream.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingChronic View Post
    I am a lvl 41 warrior with only legendaries I started playing 37 days ago and it does suck! Ive givin up on trying elites as people tend to just leave as soon as they check my stats(oh no he has purples run!! Even though I have 6khp and 1800 armor and have played mmos before ex. Runescape, WoW, Rift, LoL.. the list goes on), I would buy mythics if I could make enough money. I got tired of crate farming because of how tedious and boring it gets. Not to mention I don't pay for plat which makes it very VERY time consuming to make money. I just made my first mill the other day and to a newly capped player Endgame seems to be an elitist playground where the rich only play with the other little rich boys to keep power in check. Ill just stick with my twinks at least there its enjoyable warring with other guilds.
    Impressive to make a million in little over a month as a new player! Yes, this season's elites are pretty darn tough making it a turn off when you must burn up to 50k in potions with the possibility of not looting anything. I can see how frustrating it can be to new players. The reason why it's so tough is to keep crate popping rich people happy to make farming worthwhile. At the same time it turns off 80-95% of the rest of the community. You're almost there to a mythic set though!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I am a lvl 41 warrior with only legendaries ... I have 6khp and 1800 armor
    That's pretty good...
    I just made my first mill the other day
    Now that's awesome, it took me 35 days just to get Leprechaun amulet. And I do play 5+ hours every day, 16+ on weekends. There were no gems at the time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Hooks were never ever seen in the kind of numbers that Mauls were within weeks of release.
    Just look at Ethyl prices. She was at 3k last week. When I started to play, she was like 25k. And she's still a pretty good pet.
    This only means one thing: lockeds are being opened A LOT more than before.
    Either STS would have to decrease the arcane looting chance even more, which would certainly be counterproductive, or we have to face a never ending stream of arcane items in the CS.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

I am a lvl 41 warrior with only legendaries I started playing 37 days ago and it does suck! Ive givin up on trying elites as people tend to just leave as soon as they check my stats(oh no he has purples run!! Even though I have 6khp and 1800 armor and have played mmos before ex. Runescape, WoW, Rift, LoL.. the list goes on), I would buy mythics if I could make enough money. I got tired of crate farming because of how tedious and boring it gets. Not to mention I don't pay for plat which makes it very VERY time consuming to make money. I just made my first mill the other day and to a newly capped player Endgame seems to be an elitist playground where the rich only play with the other little rich boys to keep power in check. Ill just stick with my twinks at least there its enjoyable warring with other guilds.
    What legendary you using?
    I have 6k hp and almost 1.5k armor, do you know what legendary im using? Tarlok set of versatility, devourer maul, and cheap legendary and epic amulet and ring, also i using prance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man
    Just look at Ethyl prices. She was at 3k last week. When I started to play, she was like 25k. And she's still a pretty good pet.
    This only means one thing: lockeds are being opened A LOT more than before.
    Usually when something new comes out, the people who first loot it will price it at a ridiculously high amount of gold because they think no on else has looted it and its in high demand. After that, the price gradually deflates due to saturation in the cs. Then when it becomes unavailable, it will slowly inflate back up.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

See, this is the problem with making the best gear available able to be purchased with real money. It's not the kind of "Wow! How long did it take you to loot that!" It's more like, "Open more crates, noob."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Some people don't have time to farm all day and night to make some change, spending money gives an advantage. STS needs to get paid some how.

If I logged on today to see that no one has an arcane ring or there were only 3 players with samael. It would be a sign to me that it is just way to hard to get any nice pets or a shard from locked crates and the value of these items would be set very high... Which means even more time spent to farm.. I would not open crates.... And boom, sts just lost 1 plat spender. But i do farm and i also open crates every now and then because the hope is still there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

In the early days I don't think as many people opened crates, but many peeps warmed up over the maul period.. and now the Samael/Arcane ring era looks quite like a garden that needs weeding. I share some of ur sentiments, and think going back to gameplay is a good move, good on u. Doesn't seem like u'll miss out on much. Personally I find it hard to expect much from a casual game on a mobile platform, especially if u've done hardcore or competitive gaming. I'm guessing u probably didn't retire from serious mmo so u could come to a 5-button game to get stressed out either (8 if u count pet and pots). Well take it easy, have fun.
    Last edited by Origin; 04-06-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Alphagun /TRUEORIGIN/ Fullsick
    <Five Elements>
    Speed Demon
    Guides| MerchMidas | Youtube

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

One of the things i dont like about some mmos is that "new content" does not actually mean "new gameplay". Sure there's an expansion to the story, a change in setting, raised level cap, and a couple handfulls of new stuff, but that only applies to what we already have, not what we could have. There isn't anything that completely WOWs us in these expansions, their purpose is to just keep players playing. Now dont get me wrong, StS is a brilliant company with a great game, but after a while, it kinda gets repetitive. It was pretty fun for my first several months of playing but after a while, i got bored of catching different fish with the same rod in the same lake. There's just nothing new to how we play. Now, if there were new skills, new types of weapons, new animations, a new leveling system, etc., then it would spice things up a bit and keep people like me playing with the new content. I really want to play AL for a long time to come, but i find it hard to do so when im playing a game the same way as i was a year ago.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

This is the same problem that every MMO I have ever played will face. On the one hand the company NEEDS to make money to keep itself alive, and usually that is done by allow players to pay to get ahead, be it items or time, etc. In this case, it's items. Which means that with new level caps, new items, new pets, it's an ever escalating arms race until you can finally get that build that will one hit most people, which, unless it has a foil, will destroy the game. I agree with a Zylx that game play in generally may need to be re-thought, with strategic foils put in place, especially for PVP. It's not easy, or it would already be done. Now throw in that the economy also has to kept in check and you can see the difficulty ahead ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

It works. Seriously.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Sts has already announced that they are re-working the skill system. This kind of thing takes time though. If you want new content and fundamental game changes, you can not have them all at once. Sts is not a massive company, to my knowledge, and these fine devs need to have time to do the job well. Development is so often misunderstood by the impatient. It takes time, patience and a whole lot of testing and debugging before anything can be released to the public. And once it is, there is more debugging, as nothing is ever the same when scaled from dev testing to thousands of users all at once.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Im not asking for everything at once. Im asking for something completely new and innovative every now and then. Like when PvP was implemented. It added something actually new to the game. Plus, these expansions seem strictly PvE. Nothing new to PvP or Socialization.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Everyone's all "im saving up for mythics!", "im gonna open a locked crate (+999 more) so i can loot a samael egg!". Everyone's so enthusiastic about obtaining the rarest items in the game that are soon-to-be extinguished by newer items that they go absolutely mad. I've gone through it before, and now, i dont care about getting the best items in the game. Heck, i dont even care about capping this season knowing that nearly everyone else is already lvl 41. It just isnt so cool and special anymore like it was in the last few seasons (i guess too many players nowadays?). So aside from all the rage-farming, crate-crazes, and levelitis-induced comas, im gonna enjoy the game with what i have and go full-on twinking for a while. Take a break from the over-traveled, linear path of success that clouds the meaning of fun and defining it as having absolutely everything. So to my friends: im taking a break from PvE for a while and moving onto non-endgame PvP. If you wanna contact me, ill mostly be on Twinkbane, Brutalpain, Darkattrocity, and Obsolescence (especially Twinkbane).

I posted this here because i wanted to see if anyone else feels the same way, or if im just insane for feeling like this.
    I understand your fustration.
    It seems you too also noticed what the "new itemization system" really means.

Goodluck Zylx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Maliath , add my twink , ign superzhen
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    I understand your fustration.
    It seems you too also noticed what the "new itemization system" really means.

Goodluck Zylx