Maybe the devs can help here. I'm trying to get a better understanding of Ping and lag issues. Most of us suffer from this at some point and it would make it more acceptable if we knew why this happens.

Let's assume we have a fast wifi connection with nothing to affect gameplay i.e. email push off, all other apps closed and no one else draining your wifi etc. From my understanding, the DL servers are either in Texas or North Carolina and the closer you are to the servers the better ping you'll have. For example, I'm guessing that people in the USA can expect a ping any where between 40-150. Europe and the rest of the world is connected to the USA via cables laid across oceans so we expect a higher ping, maybe 150-300. Further afield i.e. Australia 300-500. So assuming no wifi/hardware issues, ping depends on distance from server?

I'd also like to know the effect of ping on lag. I read somewhere that a 500 ping corresponds to a lag time of 0.5 seconds? Is this linear? Would a ping of say 1159 equate to a lag time of 1.1/1.2 seconds etc?

Also, what target ping do Spacetime aim to work towards to make gameplay acceptable to us all?

Aside from answering my questions, maybe people could post their location and their normal/average ping and general playability of DL.

Fiio