Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: STS: Lets make a real game and end Zero Trophy Paradise.

  1. #1
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    442
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default STS: Lets make a real game and end Zero Trophy Paradise.

    The game is not being playing as a normal game should be. You hit some level where your fortress is strong and then you should be able to take stronger opponents, but people stay at zero zone for one simple reason: UNLIMITED NOOBS FULL OF RESOURCES.

    If STS wants to fix this it is pretty simple:
    Restrict/reduce normal loot at zero zone for DH7 and up. So stronger players will have to raise their trophies if they want upgrades, and noobs with DH6 or less can still benefit from zero zone.
    If STS increase the percentage of reward with the trophy level people will be encouraged to hunt trophies. But if your trophy is very low, and your DH is higher than 6, then you will get lower percentage of resources no matter the opponent. But if you have higher trophies you can get the percentage we currently have.

    This will end the zero trophy level paradise and all players will do an effort to reach certain number of trophies after their bases are DH7 and have decent strong army to take other enemies and raise trophies. I suggest 3000 trophies should be the cap, this is where last pearl reward.

    It is a good point at 3000 trophies but you can also gradually increase it with each pearl reward (500,1000, 1500, 2000). But if you lower your trophies, then your reward will lower again.

    Now the game is pretty boring, competition is only for farmers or massively pearl consumers, and other players have no chance to reach top of competitions. If you check top 100 attackers/resources/defenses almost 95% are farmers (less than 500 trophies).

    PS: My idea is Inspired by these posts, saying STS doesn't know how to do it. Do they?

    Quote Originally Posted by maelstrom123 View Post
    can someone explain why when i attack a camp where i can only gain 15 trophies max if i win, and if i lose, i lose 24 trophies what sense does that make?
    Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    The idea is that if you attack a hard fort, you would get 24 trophies. But, if you attack an easy fort, it should only be worth 15 trophies.

    Then, if you lose to a hard fort, you should only lose 15 trophies because it is expected that you should lose to a hard fort. But, if you lose to an easy fort, then that is a greater fail, so you should lose 24 trophies.

    When STS made this game, they assumed that a "hard" fort is one that has more trophies than you. And, an "easy" fort is one that has less than you. While this is often the case, it is not always the case. There are some very hard forts with less than 100 trophies. But, STS does not know how to deal with that situation. So, they just use the simple rule that if someone has more trophies than you, then it must be a hard fort.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ealax For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    442
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    forgot to say that defense competition is now 100% for farmers due to trophy dump on other random players. So this competition makes no sense, just check the winner this season, DH6 with less than 100 trophies. Is this the stronger fortress? or an honorable winner of a defense competition?

    The defense competition is a failure as it is with the current farmers system.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,126
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 157 Times in 130 Posts

    Default

    But, it is a bad idea to force everyone to play just one way.

    A really fun MMORG lets people succeed in different ways. They can be a master craftsman, magic expert, warrior, farmer, play the market, etc. To say that "everyone must be a warrior" is too narrow, and leaves out a lot of people that would have more fun not being a warrior.

    A lot of people play these PvP games and don't like to attack or be attacked. They just want to collect resources and build. Some people want to attack non-stop for hours. Some, just want to chat all day.

    I don't think there should be one approved way to play this game. A great game is fun to different people for different reasons. If you want more people to level up the trophy count, then create some incentive. Perhaps the more trophies we have, the higher the mine/barn production rate. Or, having a lot of trophies increases the pearl drop rate when boosting tribe members.

    Rather than penalize people for not farming trophies, STS should find a way to draw people into the trophy hunt.

  5. #4
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    442
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    But, it is a bad idea to force everyone to play just one way.

    A really fun MMORG lets people succeed in different ways. They can be a master craftsman, magic expert, warrior, farmer, play the market, etc. To say that "everyone must be a warrior" is too narrow, and leaves out a lot of people that would have more fun not being a warrior.

    A lot of people play these PvP games and don't like to attack or be attacked. They just want to collect resources and build. Some people want to attack non-stop for hours. Some, just want to chat all day.

    I don't think there should be one approved way to play this game. A great game is fun to different people for different reasons. If you want more people to level up the trophy count, then create some incentive. Perhaps the more trophies we have, the higher the mine/barn production rate. Or, having a lot of trophies increases the pearl drop rate when boosting tribe members.

    Rather than penalize people for not farming trophies, STS should find a way to draw people into the trophy hunt.
    if you read carefully what you wrote, you are suggesting exactly the same as I do. People can still farm but wont get as much benefit of the game as if they put some effort (trophies). Now it is insane to see how farmers can play one hour per day and get 50 million gold, same as I can do with 2k attack stars because higher trophy players use their gold and collect mines. Low trophy players don't.

    People can play the game in the way the want, but if they want to succeed they should put an effort and not just be in zero level paradise to max up all with very little effort.

    If STS listen to this, many players will feel encourage to play more for their upgrades, or buy their pearls, now there is no need to buy pearls since everyone who starts and have a farmer friend will stay at zero zone until he/she max everything out. And then what? ahh game is too hard at high level so very few go for trophies (no motivation for this), and others just slow down their gaming or stop playing at all.

    Anyway ZERO ZONE makes players lazy and dropping trophies should not be an intended feature of this game, it is a flaw in the design that should be fixed.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,126
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 157 Times in 130 Posts

    Default

    Low trophy playing is not lazy. I work harder in the zero trophy level than the high trophy level.

    In BD, i play low trophies. I get all the upgrades I want, and I spend a lot of time in the game because it is fun. In a week I will have every possible DH9 upgrade. I'm about to upgrade to DH10. Once I have all DH10 upgrades, I may start playing trophies.

    In BC, I play high trophies. It is not fun at all. I can only do 3 attacks before I run out of army units. Then I have to wait HOURS for the next army. But, I will be attacked instantly when I log out. And, I will lose more resources in that one attack than I gained from my 3 attacks. So, BC is not fun at all. I have four idle builders in BC because I cannot farm enough resources for even one upgrade. I spend more time in Battle Dragons.

    What you propose is to take away the part of the game that is fun. In BD, I can always farm more than I lose. In BC, I always lose more than I farm.

    Don't make BD suck like BC.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to csb For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    442
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    Low trophy playing is not lazy. I work harder in the zero trophy level than the high trophy level.

    In BD, i play low trophies. I get all the upgrades I want, and I spend a lot of time in the game because it is fun. In a week I will have every possible DH9 upgrade. I'm about to upgrade to DH10. Once I have all DH10 upgrades, I may start playing trophies.

    In BC, I play high trophies. It is not fun at all. I can only do 3 attacks before I run out of army units. Then I have to wait HOURS for the next army. But, I will be attacked instantly when I log out. And, I will lose more resources in that one attack than I gained from my 3 attacks. So, BC is not fun at all. I have four idle builders in BC because I cannot farm enough resources for even one upgrade. I spend more time in Battle Dragons.

    What you propose is to take away the part of the game that is fun. In BD, I can always farm more than I lose. In BC, I always lose more than I farm.

    Don't make BD suck like BC.
    this explains perfect your PARADISE situation. so why are you a farmer? because it is a paradise. Why dont you go for trophies? because it is hell.

    Another approach to deal with this is to change pvp matching and allow any player to meet each other with same probability. therefore no need to stay low trophy and everybody would have same probability of being attacked than anyone else, so high trophy wont be the HELL it is now, scarce resources and same players hitting same players daily (boring).

    Either we end the paradise for farmers or we make a paradise for all. I see the need for a zero zone for noobs, new players that need a kick start on the game, but i see no reason after DH7 or DH8 to stay there.

    CSB: Farmers dont need same effort as a high trophy player to collect 1 million gold, so your argument that you work as hard as us is not true, and that is why you stay in that paradise, because it is easier and make players lazy since there is no need for trophies.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to ealax For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,126
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 157 Times in 130 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ealax View Post
    CSB: Farmers dont need same effort as a high trophy player to collect 1 million gold, so your argument that you work as hard as us is not true, and that is why you stay in that paradise, because it is easier and make players lazy since there is no need for trophies.
    I see that your HQ10 fort has everything at max level, except some wall blocks. I have HQ9 with everything at max level (Going to start HQ10 on Saturday). I have been playing DB from the time it was released. So, why should you get everything maxed out, and somehow you think I'm not working hard enough and don't deserve to have everything maxed out?

    Seems odd, like you are saying only high trophy players are allowed to get resources and upgrade.

    If it's about dominating the leader boards, you probably need to make a lower level fort so you can have more rapid battles. I expect HQ5 can have more attack wins per hour than an HQ10, and you can use a second account for donations to speed that up. Also, a low trophy HQ7 would have more resources from non-stop farming. I think HQ9/10 players need a lot of pearls to compete on attack wins and resources.

  11. #8
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    442
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    I see that your HQ10 fort has everything at max level, except some wall blocks. I have HQ9 with everything at max level (Going to start HQ10 on Saturday). I have been playing DB from the time it was released. So, why should you get everything maxed out, and somehow you think I'm not working hard enough and don't deserve to have everything maxed out?

    Seems odd, like you are saying only high trophy players are allowed to get resources and upgrade.

    If it's about dominating the leader boards, you probably need to make a lower level fort so you can have more rapid battles. I expect HQ5 can have more attack wins per hour than an HQ10, and you can use a second account for donations to speed that up. Also, a low trophy HQ7 would have more resources from non-stop farming. I think HQ9/10 players need a lot of pearls to compete on attack wins and resources.
    in which game did you learn how to play?



    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  12. #9
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    442
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Serious game includes challenges, you are playing a pacman without ghost, just eating the pills.

    Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to ealax For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    "Farmers Paradise" I think too is def a flaw but also it stems from the harder gameplay higher up and most of all the massive amount of rss needed to upgrade just one item in your base and so farmers will reap the rewards more effectively at lower level upgrading their base rather easily and with less effort. I have two accounts myself and experience both sides of this higher end play and farmers paradise.

    These kinds of games all have a grindy nature at its core and that will always be the cause of such things as this, ppl looking for a more easier route to success or growth. But in my opinion this game gets really grindy at higher end play if your still trying to level up, it can most likely be toned down, I dont have enough time anymore to do battle after battle getting rss to upgrade only one or two things at a time. just needs an overall balance in many aspects of this game.

  15. #11
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    442
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc3 View Post
    "Farmers Paradise" I think too is def a flaw but also it stems from the harder gameplay higher up and most of all the massive amount of rss needed to upgrade just one item in your base and so farmers will reap the rewards more effectively at lower level upgrading their base rather easily and with less effort. I have two accounts myself and experience both sides of this higher end play and farmers paradise.

    These kinds of games all have a grindy nature at its core and that will always be the cause of such things as this, ppl looking for a more easier route to success or growth. But in my opinion this game gets really grindy at higher end play if your still trying to level up, it can most likely be toned down, I dont have enough time anymore to do battle after battle getting rss to upgrade only one or two things at a time. just needs an overall balance in many aspects of this game.
    There is a problem at high level and mainly because all players are at lower level, so it is harder to find them. If farmers paradise gets fixed people at high trophy can enjoy more variety and find more resources and not struggle to survive the upgrade hell.

  16. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Lol Farming is good i enjoy it.

    Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

  17. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I have the simple answer drop your trophies if it to hard for you

    Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. New trophy system - current high trophy player
    By rjr in forum BC - General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-11-2014, 03:14 PM
  2. Calling all guild and players lets make CTF more fun.
    By Daddyblu in forum AL Player vs. Player
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 10:11 AM
  3. Feeding is existing lets make it even better!
    By Mrsberry in forum DL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 03:35 PM
  4. Hey hey lets make a story!!
    By MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND in forum Off-Topic Discussion
    Replies: 206
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 03:42 PM
  5. Lets make a crazy new story
    By Phoenixking in forum Off-Topic Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 02:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •