Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Are we hitting a cap on percent based buffs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Nobody knows how bonus damage works. At least nobody I have been able to find. Kalizza knows more about this than I do. I'm just trying to help with testing.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchial View Post
    Hi sera and good,
    I still have one query and will be quite grateful if you took your time to read it through.

Here is the scenario:
    My warrior has 328% dmg modifier when naked(no item or weapon or pet) with a 4% dmg passive. Since I didnt want to respec I believe my dmg modifier if I removed my passive would be then 324%. Now when I equip only abbadon pet(has 15% dmg) my dmg modifier becomes 334% and not 339%. Where is the other 5% going? :O

If you or any dev could shed any light into I would be grateful. Thank again
    Bonus DMG and DMG % are not related.

Bonus DMG is used to calculate your DMG stat. So, if you had a hammer with 15 DPS, and it hit once a second, the DMG value is 15. If your Bonus DMG % is 200, then your total DMG stat should be 30 (15 from the hammer x 2.00 from the Bonus DMG %). At least that is how I understand it.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Can someone confirm for me then that the AA of Shadowlurk is actually an additional 10% dmg (for 20% effectively)? This thread and the wording of the AA has me wondering if it is written as a stacked 10%/10% which is not gonna work?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Bonus DMG and DMG % are not related.

Bonus DMG is used to calculate your DMG stat. So, if you had a hammer with 15 DPS, and it hit once a second, the DMG value is 15. If your Bonus DMG % is 200, then your total DMG stat should be 30 (15 from the hammer x 2.00 from the Bonus DMG %). At least that is how I understand it.
    Thanks Kalizzaa,
    I just checked. You are absolutely right as always. For warriors every 1 point in str results in dmg modifier being increased by 0.4. That was what was happening with my abaddon. So to test whether extra dmg% related queriws I cant do it through numbers on my avatar screen. I have to actually field test, then?
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchial View Post
    Thanks Kalizzaa,
    I just checked. You are absolutely right as always. For warriors every 1 point in str results in dmg modifier being increased by 0.4. That was what was happening with my abaddon. So to test whether extra dmg% related queriws I cant do it through numbers on my avatar screen. I have to actually field test, then?
    Yes, the problem is that the speed of our weapons are unknown. You have to estimate the speed and calculate the DMG from DPS/Weapon Speed.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Yes, the problem is that the speed of our weapons are unknown. You have to estimate the speed and calculate the DMG from DPS/Weapon Speed.
    I just did an approximate mean and the results were as told by dev. The 5% dmg of my passive didnt count when 15% dmg abaddon was equipped. Only 15% counted. This calculation was probably done so that we players dont become OP by stack process. But I have been now thinking does the armor passive work or not? Cause I blv like the damage passive it doesnt show on screen and well,by now I can't trust it lol. Probably I need a few respecs to find that out by doing a mean. Crit stacks tho as were told by you and serancha
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchial For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

I believe this DMG % thing is complete BS, not to bash on STS but this is basically the Placebo Effect.

The Placebo effect is when you are given a null pill that has no effects whatsoever and when you take it, you feel better. It is physiological, your brain thinks it will make you feel better, so it makes you feel better. Like this DMG bs, the passives are just in fact, a null pill.

To clarify, we should not be using damage passives? The 'glitched' passives were in fact 'tiny print on the product that it people read noone would buy'.

I really don't want to bash on STS but this is just inconceivable, this "glitched passive" would have boosted sales tremendously and made them a good buck, at this point I don't know what to say and am literally dumbfounded....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I don't know that they were glitched. But I do know many of us spent a whole lot of plat in the last year stacking elixirs that it now turns out were not-stackable at all. Not only did they not stack, they didn't even add on top of what we already had. Replacing it instead.

How much money was spent in error because this was not disclosed? I would have spent as much in any case, but it bothers me that this feels like a hidden way to make money for nothing.
    Last edited by Serancha; 04-12-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Well it was stated that luck can be stacked up to 65% if you buy luck lix, then combo lix, and then wear a lep. I question this now as well. Does having luck lix just go to 25% regardless of wearing a lep on top or if you have combo? I mean really anything is now possible if damage was this messed up from the start.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Well it was stated that luck can be stacked up to 65% if you buy luck lix, then combo lix, and then wear a lep. I question this now as well. Does having luck lix just go to 25% regardless of wearing a lep on top or if you have combo? I mean really anything is now possible if damage was this messed up from the start.
    I have had the luck trifecta before (own combo + own single + Klause single) and using a Lep that puts you at near 100 and have run km3 with every single thing rerolling for a half hour straight. It maybe capped, but if so it is capped extremely high and does stack.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I don't wanna read the entire novel but I have a few questions .
    if I use abbadon while I have 5% dmg in passives will the passives buff be useless?
    If I use archon ring while I have 5% armor will the passives armor be useless?
    ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Re: Abaddon (15% damage add) Correct. The higher % of damage from abaddon is given to you instead of the passive. So passive = null and void

Re: Archon, it is looking like that may be the case. I think everyone is still in the early stages on these tests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

None of this is glitched at all. In fact all of it was working as intended. STS did not expect anyone, (GJ Kalizza) to actually go in-depth and do thorough step by step testing on the modifiers.

According to null_void who is one of their programmers, the code was designed to take the SINGLE highest modifier and use that as a multiplier for the Damage %.

From what null_void has said, Damage % along with Armor % both work the same as the SINGLE highest modifier will be used as the multiplier. Luck however is different and does stack and the single modifier rule is not applied.

You would ask yourself why would STS come out in the open with this information now? Plain and simple, the next client update will correct the so called "display" error where stats are not properly being shown. So if this was fixed, you can basically see that your Damage is not stacking so might as well come out and air your dirty laundry now and deal with the mob then wait till the new client hits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

So when I bought combo elixer and dmg on top, it doesn't stack? It just becomes the 30% dmg from combo and the 25% dmg lix is just null?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instagram: arcanemusings
    Guild: Immaculate

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

From a warriors perspective. I use VB alot in PVP as well as PVE. VB provides +25% damage increase......basically as much as a damage elixir (25%) or better than any pet available out there. In addition, VB cooldown is pretty fast so you can use it after basically every mob you encounter. So.......for a warrior with VB there is basically minimal if any advantage of using a pet with increase damage passive? So sad.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oonova View Post
    So when I bought combo elixer and dmg on top, it doesn't stack? It just becomes the 30% dmg from combo and the 25% dmg lix is just null?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correct. Damage % are not additives and do not stack. The single highest modifier will be use as a multiplier for calculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    From a warriors perspective. I use VB alot in PVP as well as PVE. VB provides +25% damage increase......basically as much as a damage elixir (25%) or better than any pet available out there. In addition, VB cooldown is pretty fast so you can use it after basically every mob you encounter. So.......for a warrior with VB there is basically minimal if any advantage of using a pet with increase damage passive? So sad.....
    This can be said the same for a Rogues SV. These are temporary "skill" buffs and not really good for determining whether its useful or not. They are very situational. There is NO PET that is close enough to 25% Damage increase. The only thing stable would be Elixirs. So using VB for a temporary boost that overrides your other lower modifiers is not a bad idea. Again all situational.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    None of this is glitched at all. In fact all of it was working as intended. STS did not expect anyone, (GJ Kalizza) to actually go in-depth and do thorough step by step testing on the modifiers.

According to null_void who is one of their programmers, the code was designed to take the SINGLE highest modifier and use that as a multiplier for the Damage %.

From what null_void has said, Damage % along with Armor % both work the same as the SINGLE highest modifier will be used as the multiplier. Luck however is different and does stack and the single modifier rule is not applied.

You would ask yourself why would STS come out in the open with this information now? Plain and simple, the next client update will correct the so called "display" error where stats are not properly being shown. So if this was fixed, you can basically see that your Damage is not stacking so might as well come out and air your dirty laundry now and deal with the mob then wait till the new client hits.
    I don't know if elixir damage is intended to show on stat sheets, even after the new client comes. Somehow I doubt that.

However, I do agree that once the pet and passives were opened up to view, questions were going to start coming. Kalizza's timely experiments could not have been predicted, so I think this was not a construed release of info, as much as "well, we better get it over with" once it was spotted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xbadboyx View Post
    I don't wanna read the entire novel but I have a few questions .
    if I use abbadon while I have 5% dmg in passives will the passives buff be useless?
    If I use archon ring while I have 5% armor will the passives armor be useless?
    ty
    1) If you use Abaddon 15% damage + 5% passive damage, you only get 15%. The damage passive is useless.
    2) Archon Ring of Potency which gives +2.5% armor shows up on the stats page. So it works difference, so it doesn't negate the durable passive or vice versa.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Glitched or not they should have said something sooner but all we heard was they don't show up on the stats page but they are working. See this well known thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...hlight=passive

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    There are currently display bugs with the Passive Abilities that improve Armor, Damage and Critical Chance. All abilities are functioning correctly, but they are not correctly reflected in the Character Statistics displayed in the Avatar tab.
    They could have mentioned you only get the highest modifier. There were so many threads on this but we were repeatedly told its all working. Well the devil is in the details and we should have been told when we were not getting it. I can't say I was too effected by this because I only spec'd passive damage in PvE, and used those points for crit in PvP. But like others I tested this without a pet so it was easier to quantify the damage increase. And this was a flaw in the testing. And if others tested it with a pet and that pet may not have given a damage boost. So this is something which should have been clarified.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Glitched or not they should have said something sooner but all we heard was they don't show up on the stats page but they are working. See this well known thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...hlight=passive

They could have mentioned you only get the highest modifier. There were so many threads on this but we were repeatedly told its all working. Well the devil is in the details and we should have been told when we were not getting it. I can't say I was too effected by this because I only spec'd passive damage in PvE, and used those points for crit in PvP. But like others I tested this without a pet so it was easier to quantify the damage increase. And this was a flaw in the testing. And if others tested it with a pet and that pet may not have given a damage boost. So this is something which should have been clarified.
    How to +1000?