Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Trade-Able Elixir Kits Will Do To The Economy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I'm opposed to this point of view. With the price of reroll kits at 12-14k each --which is essentially the price of one locked atm-- well, there certainly be an increase of the lockeds flow in the market but nothing phenomenal. A good part of the supply is coming from people who are in the zone of saving on potions and waiting for klaas reroll elixir to make 30-40k so no, I don't see this overflowing the market.

Platinum spenders hoarding crates is old news - the new incoming mythics have been announced long enough ago for any reasonable crate poppers to be stocked or close to that by now. I'm seeing a smaller case of Tindirin expansion landing-period, where locks dropped 20% simply because everyone had been stocking way too many. A potential increase --in case the new mythic amulets are that exceptional-- won't reach higher than 2-3k on average.

Valuable pinks are already dropping as more and more get the hang of new elite maps. It looks like people are expecting another batch of improved legendaries which won't happen, so that may halter the price drop once they realize it. Mythic armor won't happen either.

However, these are just calculated speculations - market is influenced by many factors we cannot predict.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OtAtOtomustam View Post
    With the addition of trade-able elixir kits we will see a dramatic decrease in price on any farmable high end legendary gear/locked crates. This now opens the door for everyone to effectively farm with increased stats and luck which will make their elite runs FAR easier and locked farming runs (KM3, Jarl, etc) yield significantly more results thus flooding the market with additional legendary items/locked crates that would have otherwise been attained with much more difficulty.

What can you do?

Wait it out and purchase while prices are low. Initially I speculate that we will see the most dramatic drops within the first few days after about 3-5 days the market will begin to stabilize itself. Hang onto those locked crates UNTIL STS releases their new Mythic items as the demand for locked crates will SKY ROCKET like we have not seen since halloween only this time it will be compounded even more so by the fact that multiple new Mythic weapons AND Armor will be released (not just weapons like during the halloween event) when these new Mythic are released we should see locked crates reach a minimum price of 30K if not higher.

**This is a speculative post**
    What i will say is Just my nooby opinion... And a few questions...
    1. Is it even confirmed that they are gone release mythic armor?
    2. If i remember correctly the prices on locks during halloween increased with just a little?
    And also, nothing of what u just Said is logic, because the market is determined by how badly people want a specific item. And since people seem to want lockeds i guess that they will barely sink in price at all. Again, just my opinion. And i'm not even that active in the economy XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

thanks sts for this yes it may lower the cost of every item maybe 10% but id rather this happen yhan farming item likevim so hopeless.this came from a farmer like me who farming for two weeks but no single pinks drop on me.
    rogue(crocodiile)level 23

4. The Following User Says Thank You to uunknownn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

My opinion is we will never again see 30k locked crates. We saw this during the first mythic weapons weekend during season 4. Not only were we told these weapons would only be available for a limited time, but we were also told they would drop with a much higher frequency, which they did. But that alone is not what made the crates go up in price so much. What did was that this was the first time we had ever had new "limited time" items introduced to crates and was also the first time we had a double odds weekend.

Prior to that weekend, nobody ever thought of hoarding locked crates, so when crate openers began opening tons of crates that weekend, the supply of them ran out. I can remember looking in the auction and seeing 5 locked crates for sale when normally there are a few hundred. So prices kept going up and I think they reached around 50k each before the weekend ended.

Now everyone always anticipates this, so people hoard, and when the special double odds/mythic weapon weekends happen, the supply is available to meet the demand, and prices do not really go up very much.

I still do like these special locked crates weekends though. I think they give a nice boost to the AL economy. It gives regular players the chance to make some money by selling locked crates for slightly more money than normal, and it creates a surplus of mythic and arcane items, which helps to bring down the prices of those expensive items a bit so that more people can afford them. The price drop is only temporary, so there are no permanent effects to the economy except some fun for everyone.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 04-10-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

luck and speed elix will be bought mostly.
    as speed and luck both needed in km3.

in elite all can jst open tht luck kit when boss hp low. thus price of elite items and archon will dropped more. and maybe lep price will also be dropped

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OtAtOtomustam View Post
    With the addition of trade-able elixir kits we will see a dramatic decrease in price on any farmable high end legendary gear/locked crates. This now opens the door for everyone to effectively farm with increased stats and luck which will make their elite runs FAR easier and locked farming runs (KM3, Jarl, etc) yield significantly more results thus flooding the market with additional legendary items/locked crates that would have otherwise been attained with much more difficulty.

What can you do?

Wait it out and purchase while prices are low. Initially I speculate that we will see the most dramatic drops within the first few days after about 3-5 days the market will begin to stabilize itself. Hang onto those locked crates UNTIL STS releases their new Mythic items as the demand for locked crates will SKY ROCKET like we have not seen since halloween only this time it will be compounded even more so by the fact that multiple new Mythic weapons AND Armor will be released (not just weapons like during the halloween event) when these new Mythic are released we should see locked crates reach a minimum price of 30K if not higher.

**This is a speculative post**
    I agree.

But i don't think the new legenadries will drop faster than they are going down now on the other hand easily farmable things will drop. Lockeds might even go down as 10-11k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Now need respec and revive bundles and i swear i dont ever buy platinum again. Heh

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waheedski View Post
    Where exactly is this elixir chest ? I scouted the store but only found plat purchases. Can't find the lix chest, is it in operation yet ?
    It's ok folks I found them, I was having a dumb moment. I knew you all where concerned about me not finding the stuff *cough*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    More people who get luck elixirs as opposed to farming just with lep means more chances. More chances equals more drops across the entire game. Easily farmable stuff will be hit hardest because more people will run those. Stuff thats hard to farm, those people are already using luck or combo or both. So its not going to change much. The other side of the coin is STS nerfs drops because too much stuff is dropping. There is no free lunch and there is no such thing as free to play. Read this article which is basically in defense of free to play:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/9/5597...-to-play-games

Also read the comments section and you get an idea how what STS is thinking about.
    This is correct. Legendary Pinks that drop from Elite Maps (Magma Items) will drop, but not by alot. Mainly because the people who farm these maps before these Elixirs were introduced ALREADY buy Elixirs via Plat so there is not a big change there. There are not alot of people who are willing to take the time to farm these mainly because of the organization required.

However, farming crates in KM3, Jarl, etc. is MUCH easier for them along with other easier maps like Mali etc. These will slowly see a significant drop in pricing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I dont see a very big change with the locked crate pricing. Even though these kits have been made available to non-plat users, there is still a demand. Locked crates have an interesting sales pattern in relation to other items. People arent always trying to bid each other up. If you price a locked crate lower than the lowest price, then you're either desperate, or are unfamiliar with the cs. There will always be people buying crates, so by setting a price within 2k above the lowest price, you'd still be able to sell it in a few hours. A lot of people do that. It's actually a popular merching strategy. Back on topic: Locked crates will always be in demand. Their prices shouldnt be drastically changed. There are still lots of lazy players out there, and crates are still a pretty rare drop, even with a luck buff. Although these kits are becoming a pretty good platinum to gold conversion (last i checked, 1:3,000 instead of 1:1000) making plat users richer..

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    I dont see a very big change with the locked crate pricing. Even though these kits have been made available to non-plat users, there is still a demand. Locked crates have an interesting sales pattern in relation to other items. People arent always trying to bid each other up. If you price a locked crate lower than the lowest price, then you're either desperate, or are unfamiliar with the cs. There will always be people buying crates, so by setting a price within 2k above the lowest price, you'd still be able to sell it in a few hours. A lot of people do that. It's actually a popular merching strategy. Back on topic: Locked crates will always be in demand. Their prices shouldnt be drastically changed. There are still lots of lazy players out there, and crates are still a pretty rare drop, even with a luck buff. Although these kits are becoming a pretty good platinum to gold conversion (last i checked, 1:3,000 instead of 1:1000) making plat users richer..
    I think the only reason why locked crates is still holding its ground and not falling down is because everyone is feeling in the air the presence or the pressumed presence of a mythic weekend. So not many players are actually selling the lockeds they loot with lix or they already had but they keep on hoarding more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    First off, posting tips on how to profit usually results in it not working because then everybody is attempting that tactic.

Secondly, I agree with pretty much everything else.
    This.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily
    I think the only reason why locked crates is still holding its ground and not falling down is because everyone is feeling in the air the presence or the pressumed presence of a mythic weekend. So not many players are actually selling the lockeds they loot with lix or they already had but they keep on hoarding more.
    Some of those people who hoard crates stock them up so they can actually open them up on said weekend. Everyone's using that tactic to sell them on mythic weekend. Not too many crates will be bought for such a high price. And to those crate-poppers, the probability of looting a mythic is like 0.1%. Double that would be 0.2%. Your odds are still terrible.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I thinkbits a great idea. Everyone deserves the same chance at drops.