Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boosting Colton!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Colton ... His happiness stats and his passive stun are sick..
    Are you sick 0.0 ? Colton's stun ain't good ?!?! And either the bonus ain't nice 0.0 ?!?! I don't understand you people ?!?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaith View Post
    Are you sick 0.0 ? Colton's stun ain't good ?!?! And either the bonus ain't nice 0.0 ?!?! I don't understand you people ?!?!
    In this case 'sick' means good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox View Post
    In this case 'sick' means good.
    Really

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaith View Post
    Are you telling me that 47% crit ( with 40% crit for only 3 sec ) beats 15% crit ( 6 sec ) + 10% damage ?!?!
    My quick and dirty math puts Ribbit doing about 50 dmg more than Colton for the duration of the AA. Now obviosly this is short lived at 3 sec but using TS on a tight group you can deal a great deal more overall damage than using colton. If you move slow and only engage a couple enimies at a time, rather than pulling, then Colton will be more efficient overall. Which is better depends on your skill level and playing style. Remember that it is difficult to actually hit the AA on Colton due to the very small range. He is usually well behind you when you need him.

In tombs Ribbit or Shadowlurk decimate all. A good AOE attack w/ stun like Slag works well too. Conversely, using Ethyl's AA on the same mob will give you more time to deal with them conventionally but results in a slower run.
    Last edited by Nesox; 04-12-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

My quick and dirty math puts Ribbit doing about 50 dmg more than Colton for the duration of the AA. Now obviosly this is short lived at 3 sec but using TS on a tight group you can deal a great deal more overall damage than using colton. If you move slow and only engage a couple enimies at a time, rather than pulling, then Colton will be more efficient overall. Which is better depends on your skill level and playing style. Remember that it is difficult to actually hit the AA on Colton due to the very small range. He is usually well behind you when you need him.

In tombs Ribbit or Shadowlurk decimate all. A good AOE attack w/ stun like Slag works well too. Conversely, using Ethyl's AA on the same mob will give you more time to deal with them conventionally but results in a slower run.
    Can I know how did you calculate the damage and thank you for explanation ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Ribbit AA= [base damage * 1.5 (assumed crit damage multiplier) * 0.47 (crit rate)] + [base damage * 0.53 (% of hits not crit)]
    Colton= (base damage * 1.1 (10% dmg) * 1.5 (assumed crit damage multiplier) * .06 (crit rate)] + [base damage * 1.1 * 0.94(% of hits not crit)]

The 1.5 damage from a crit is just a value I have seen used before as an assumption. Of course these formulas do not include your base crit rate and is an over simplification of all the variables involved overall. Like I said, quick and dirty. Because Coltons AA are is so small that I assume only about a 10% chance it will actually affect me, as such I do not use it in the calculation. If you feel it is viable then you can add that 15% crit into the crit % in the formula.

As Wutzgood mentioned Colton has a passive stun which is noticable when attacking small groups. When pulling large mobs stunning a couple of them has little effect so that isn't as noticable, Obviously using Ribbit results in lower damage when not under AA then using Colton not under AA, but since I use that cooldown time to pull together the next mob, rather then attack piecemeal, that has little effect for me. Like I said prefered pets vary largely based on individual playing styles.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nesox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ribbit AA= [base damage * 1.5 (assumed crit damage multiplier) * 0.47 (crit rate)] + [base damage * 0.53 (% of hits not crit)]
    Colton= (base damage * 1.1 (10% dmg) * 1.5 (assumed crit damage multiplier) * .06 (crit rate)] + [base damage * 1.1 * 0.94(% of hits not crit)]

The 1.5 damage from a crit is just a value I have seen used before as an assumption. Of course these formulas do not include your base crit rate and is an over simplification of all the variables involved overall. Like I said, quick and dirty. Because Coltons AA are is so small that I assume only about a 10% chance it will actually affect me, as such I do not use it in the calculation. If you feel it is viable then you can add that 15% crit into the crit % in the formula.

As Wutzgood mentioned Colton has a passive stun which is noticable when attacking small groups. When pulling large mobs stunning a couple of them has little effect so that isn't as noticable, Obviously using Ribbit results in lower damage when not under AA then using Colton not under AA, but since I use that cooldown time to pull together the next mob, rather then attack piecemeal, that has little effect for me. Like I said prefered pets vary largely based on individual playing styles.
    Thanks for that huge explanation and your huge knowledge ... Now I do understand a lot of points ... However, others were just disagreeing without saying the cause ( lame ) ... But I still need you to re-read the thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Yes, base damage is dmg as it shows on your avatar with no pet equiped. Dmg, not dps.

Others opinions are based on what is more effective to their playing style. Pretty much every pet is more dynamic then the stats alone suggest. Success with each will depend as much on how you use a pet as much as the stats boost.

To calculate the effect of your proposed changes to Coltons abilities add the additional damage that extra 20 Int gives you. You will find that it would result in near mythic/arcane damage levels. While I would love to see your suggested changes implemented we are never going to see a buff to Colton. STS will simply introduce new pets with slightly better stats to force us to purchase more, more, more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I see then STS better make some more useful legendary pets scorn is Big lame int boost is nothing compared to its AA it's not acceptable specially for us ( mages )