Thread: About the kit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default About the kit

Moderator said those kits are only available for a short time.However,I want to know,are those kits still can be used after this 'event' ended?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Pretty sure they will be!
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

They are likely going to be available for a while. As was posted in the original post, if they (STS) see that they are a success, then it will be permanent. This is more or less an experiment. From what i can see, there are 2 profitable reasons for them to keep this:

Reason one is people will buy the kits to sell them. This means more elixir purchases for that great plat to gold conversion of 1:3,000.

Reason two is that the regular plat-buyers will still buy elixirs for 4 plat to use them. If they buy them for gold, then they lost profit potential. 1 plat is worth 1,000 gold. 9-13,000 (price of a kit) gold = 9-13 plat. It's a better deal for them to buy with plat.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    They are likely going to be available for a while. As was posted in the original post, if they (STS) see that they are a success, then it will be permanent. This is more or less an experiment. From what i can see, there are 2 profitable reasons for them to keep this:

Reason one is people will buy the kits to sell them. This means more elixir purchases for that great plat to gold conversion of 1:3,000.

Reason two is that the regular plat-buyers will still buy elixirs for 4 plat to use them. If they buy them for gold, then they lost profit potential. 1 plat is worth 1,000 gold. 9-13,000 (price of a kit) gold = 9-13 plat. It's a better deal for them to buy with plat.
    Two things to consider.

One- Plat is ACTUAL money. It originates by coming out of a players Credit Card or Bank Account
    Two-Gold is VIRTUAL money which can be acquired without a players credit card or bank account

Now lets look at a real world scenario with a regular plat purchaser. Perhaps he has a bad month bills are behind and he cant afford to purchase platinum because he must use ACTUAL money to do so. Now this is a real gamer who loves AL and wants to farm, hunt, and play, but he also has real world obligations which must be met what does he do?

Well, I would bet while this player may not be in a position to purchase plat this month. He DOES have gold in his stash and in THIS case given THESE circumstances it is MUCH more preferable to buy that elixir with gold at whatever the market price is. Because again it does not have to be paid with ACTUAL money.

We can not operate under the misconception that gold and plat are one and the same. If you have plat are you likely to have gold? Absolutely. If you have gold did you use plat to acquire it? More than likely. However they are NOT the same due to their origin of acquisition for each currency.

**Yes there are the free plat offers I did not factor these in since any significant ones still require using ACTUAL money**
    Last edited by OtAtOtomustam; 04-12-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OtAtOtomustam
    Two things to consider.

One- Plat is ACTUAL money. It originates by coming out of a players Credit Card or Bank Account
    Two-Gold is VIRTUAL money which can be acquired without a players credit card or bank account

Now lets look at a real world scenario with a regular plat purchaser. Perhaps he has a bad month bills are behind and he cant afford to purchase platinum because he must use ACTUAL money to do so. Now this is a real gamer who loves AL and wants to farm, hunt, and play, but he also has real world obligations which must be met what does he do?

Well, I would bet while this player may not be in a position to purchase plat this month. He DOES have gold in his stash and in THIS case given THESE circumstances it is MUCH more preferable to buy that elixir with gold at whatever the market price is. Because again it does not have to be paid with ACTUAL money.

We can not operate under the misconception that gold and plat are one and the same. If you have plat are you likely to have gold? Absolutely. If you have gold did you use plat to acquire it? More than likely. However they are NOT the same due to their origin of acquisition for each currency.

**Yes there are the free plat offers I did not factor these in since any significant ones still require using ACTUAL money**
    Just because a player has a lot of plat does not necessarily mean they carry a hefty gold pouch. A few of my friends occasionally buy platinum, but they have never carried more than 100k. So if you have 600 platinum and 50k gold, would you rather buy an elix with 1/5 of your gold reserves, or with 1/125 of your plat reserves? It doesnt matter whether you use real money or not, buying with gold instead of plat will quickly devaluate your assets. Gold is still a precious currency. Most of the things bought in the game are bought with gold.

And another thing: If a player is incapable of buying plat, then they are incapable of buying plat. They aren't obligated to buy plat. Im just saying that buying with gold directly should be a last-resort move due to the game's own price of currency.

Of course, all of this would be pointless when and if the gold price drops to 4k, though unlikely.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Just because a player has a lot of plat does not necessarily mean they carry a hefty gold pouch. A few of my friends occasionally buy platinum, but they have never carried more than 100k. So if you have 600 platinum and 50k gold, would you rather buy an elix with 1/5 of your gold reserves, or with 1/125 of your plat reserves? It doesnt matter whether you use real money or not, buying with gold instead of plat will quickly devaluate your assets. Gold is still a precious currency. Most of the things bought in the game are bought with gold.

And another thing: If a player is incapable of buying plat, then they are incapable of buying plat. They aren't obligated to buy plat. Im just saying that buying with gold directly should be a last-resort move due to the game's own price of currency.

Of course, all of this would be pointless when and if the gold price drops to 4k, though unlikely.
    Those are valid points and I understand what your saying. My point is the question being asked is which of the two types of currency holds more value Plat or Gold?

If the answer is Plat, then it is more valuable than gold. Therefore gold should be the primary currency spent and Plat saved and spent on the items that it has so much more versatility in such as creating Stash, Inventory, Alts, Respecs, XP, New Pets, New Mythic Pets, Event Items, Revives, and so many other things that can be done so much more efficiently using Plat and in most cases only WITH Plat.

Why spend the more valuable currency Plat on something like elixirs, when they can be purchased with the lesser of the two currencies gold?

I would not go to the store and buy groceries and pay the cashier with precious gems or diamonds which appreciate in value when I can just use plain old cash.
    Last edited by OtAtOtomustam; 04-13-2014 at 12:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You guys out of topic
    THIS IS ONLY I CAN SAY

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

If a player notice he can access what he used to buy with plat with gold, why on earth would he buy elixirs with plat again? :P

I have been reading different posts like : " Now just respecs, revives and stashes and i won't need to buy plat anymore."
    While i am happy for updates like this cause they make a larger number of players have access to more contents of the game the consequences they might bring ring a alarm bell for me.

I will repeat what i usually say talking about stuff like this: removing things accessible only via plat and making them accessible permanently through gold or story tokens kills the plat market.

Nowadays the only people spending plats on characters and inventory slots are those who by mistake acquire them or who urgently needs them.
    Nobody will spend is hard earned plats on these stuff anymore because they can get them for free with story tokens.

So where do they spend them?

On crates, revives, respecs and stashes.

And recently people are pressing sts should make stashes,respecs and revives available for gold or tokens.
    Well the idea is badbadnotgood.

The more sts removes minor plat bunners the more the game becomes locked centered.
    If sts keep giving "free stuff" soon to make players spend plats and keep the company moving they will have to be putting a new vanity or arcane ring in locked crates every weekend or doing mythic and double mythic once in a month.

In conclusion this is why i think the elixirs should be removed as soon as possible for at least a couple months even though they are having success among players.

Edit: @ OP what you buy with plat (real money) never goes away. -cit
    Last edited by Anarchist; 04-13-2014 at 02:58 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OtAtOtomustam View Post
    Those are valid points and I understand what your saying. My point is the question being asked is which of the two types of currency holds more value Plat or Gold?

If the answer is Plat, then it is more valuable than gold. Therefore gold should be the primary currency spent and Plat saved and spent on the items that it has so much more versatility in such as creating Stash, Inventory, Alts, Respecs, XP, New Pets, New Mythic Pets, Event Items, Revives, and so many other things that can be done so much more efficiently using Plat and in most cases only WITH Plat.

Why spend the more valuable currency Plat on something like elixirs, when they can be purchased with the lesser of the two currencies gold?

I would not go to the store and buy groceries and pay the cashier with precious gems or diamonds which appreciate in value when I can just use plain old cash.
    3 words: free plat offers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ♕The king of AL has returned♕

Proud member of <21 Jump Street>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doomreaper View Post
    3 words: free plat offers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    First we should move this discussion out of courtsey to the original creator of this thread.

Secondly I address your rebuttal of the "free plat offers" in the thread titled "Plat VS Gold" the premise is: Platinum has a greater value than gold. The fact that Plat can be acquired using free Plat offers does not prove premise false.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Platinum has no monetary value. You can convert money into platinum, but you can't convert it back. So platinum is not real-world currency. When you complete a free offer, you aren't getting paid with a real-world currency. You can only buy virtual items with plat, so it is a virtual currency. Just like gold. Like i said before, there is a gold-value for plat. It's whatever the amount you can officially liquidate it (in this case, 1 plat = 1,000 gold).

Another thing: When you buy plat, you can also buy gold. If you buy $89.99 worth of plat, you can liquidate it all to 1.7 million gold (though it wont be a smart move). Though most people use their plat for all those reasons Otatotomustam mentioned in his rebuttal of my post, you cannot use it for buying things in the CS (the #1 place where players buy items). You need gold for the CS. You need gold for trades. Gold is a precious currency.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I use plat for revives
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Platinum has no monetary value. You can convert money into platinum, but you can't convert it back. So platinum is not real-world currency. When you complete a free offer, you aren't getting paid with a real-world currency. You can only buy virtual items with plat, so it is a virtual currency. Just like gold. Like i said before, there is a gold-value for plat. It's whatever the amount you can officially liquidate it (in this case, 1 plat = 1,000 gold).

Another thing: When you buy plat, you can also buy gold. If you buy $89.99 worth of plat, you can liquidate it all to 1.7 million gold (though it wont be a smart move). Though most people use their plat for all those reasons Otatotomustam mentioned in his rebuttal of my post, you cannot use it for buying things in the CS (the #1 place where players buy items). You need gold for the CS. You need gold for trades. Gold is a precious currency.
    I understand that. Your response still does not address the premise.

Premise: Platinum has a greater value than gold

You now must either state if this premise is TRUE or FALSE. If your going to say my premise is FALSE please provide your reasoning.

I understand the value of gold. Now consider this; Platinum can be used to acquire gold easily (in a FAR greater ratio than 1:3). However GOLD can NEVER be used to acquire Platinum.

Another reason why I argue my premise: Platinum has a greater value than gold is TRUE.
    Last edited by OtAtOtomustam; 04-14-2014 at 12:07 AM.