Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Default Discussion on the Newly Revealed DMG % System

What are your thoughts on it? (Null_void revealed that dmg % bonus is only the largest variable taking action. So for example, a 25% dmg elixir beats all other dmg stacks because this is the largest variable.)

I think that arcane pets, such as Singe and Hammerjaw, would decrease in usage more than they already have been because their damage bonus becomes obselete.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Reunegade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I'm still doing more research, so let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

I am looking into armor and pet AA's today. If I have time, I will also look into the bonuses from Aimed Shot's 10% DMG bonus as well.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Can you give us the link or quote the statement and post it here.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Yes so sts add crit to damn singe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by null_void View Post
    You are both correct. The way that the current multiplier system works depends on the statistic being multiplied. In the case of damage specifically, we apply the following rules:

- Is there one or more debuff? If so, use the lowest damage multiplier (for example, if you have a 0.5 damage multiplier debuff and a 0.25 damage multiplier debuff, this would result in a multiplier of 0.25).
    - Otherwise, is there one or more buff? If so, use the highest damage multiplier (for example, if you have a 1.05 damage multiplier buff and a 1.25 damage multiplier buff, this would result in a multiplier of 1.25).

Because of this, yes. If you have a passive skill with a 1.05 multiplier (5/5 skill), and you also have a pet out that gives you a 1.15 multiplier, your total damage multiplier will be 1.15.

There are a few things that override this - bonus damage, double damage weekends and such interact with the statistic system differently from the normal multipliers, so they don't use this logic.
    Here ya go
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec:1585960
    You are both correct. The way that the current multiplier system works depends on the statistic being multiplied. In the case of damage specifically, we apply the following rules:

- Is there one or more debuff? If so, use the lowest damage multiplier (for example, if you have a 0.5 damage multiplier debuff and a 0.25 damage multiplier debuff, this would result in a multiplier of 0.25).
    - Otherwise, is there one or more buff? If so, use the highest damage multiplier (for example, if you have a 1.05 damage multiplier buff and a 1.25 damage multiplier buff, this would result in a multiplier of 1.25).

Because of this, yes. If you have a passive skill with a 1.05 multiplier (5/5 skill), and you also have a pet out that gives you a 1.15 multiplier, your total damage multiplier will be 1.15.

There are a few things that override this - bonus damage, double damage weekends and such interact with the statistic system differently from the normal multipliers, so they don't use this logic.
    Here ya go
    Thanks you very much
    This is a good info.

If what i understand is right Then passive bonus is useless for most pet i use gives more dmg multiplier.
    Last edited by Cero; 04-14-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Why cant everything just stack up for everyone on any item/pet/elixir? isnt simple the easiest way?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    Why cant everything just stack up for everyone on any item/pet/elixir? isnt simple the easiest way?
    If all 'different buffs' stacked ... 5% passive + 10% veil + 15% pet + 25% single elixir + 30% combo ... you are looking at + 95% damage, or nearly double. Would you like to design a board that is both possible AND not insanely easy to BOTH players, one of whom puts out twice as much damage as the other? For how well that work, take a look at PL.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    Imagine 5/5 DMG passive, 15% DMG Happiness Bonus from your pet Loki, 10% DMG from a party members Arcane Ability on Orion, a 30% DMG bonus from a Combo Elixir and a 15% bonus in DMG% from standing in a Shadow Veil.

What would you expect your damage bonus to be? +75% through straight addition of the bonuses, +98.57% through stacking with the Elixir stacked last?

Whichever way you view it, +75% to almost +100% is grossly overpowered. With most Rogues possessing 450+ DMG, that almost means that you are one-hitting mobs in elite Tindirin.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Imagine 5/5 DMG passive, 15% DMG Happiness Bonus from your pet Loki, 10% DMG from a party members Arcane Ability on Orion, a 30% DMG bonus from a Combo Elixir and a 15% bonus in DMG% from standing in a Shadow Veil.

What would you expect your damage bonus to be? +75% through straight addition of the bonuses, +98.57% through stacking with the Elixir stacked last?

Whichever way you view it, +75% to almost +100% is grossly overpowered. With most Rogues possessing 450+ DMG, that almost means that you are one-hitting mobs in elite Tindirin.
    I wouldn't mind since they are one-hitting me. At least they could have stack pet + skills...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post

I think why most people are upset is because STS or the information has not been made available. I think most players would not be utilizing the passive damage bonus or dmg elixirs if this information was readily available. It bothers me that the only people who readily find this are those who go digging in the forums. This is at least my viewpoint. I agree with you that plus 98% dmg is cray cray :P and would take a ton of challenge from this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Does this mean sts knew right from day1 the damage % didn't stack?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    Does this mean sts knew right from day1 the damage % didn't stack?
    As a web developer I write code according to the functionality I am asked to provide, I don't write code and then find out what it does after. Every line of code is written specifically to implement a certain functionality. This is the same in all fields of development - web, apps, software, gaming, etc.

Whoever coded the elixir stacking would have had to be following the game designer's instructions. Unless there was some rogue coder giggling and saying "ooh let's just leave these unstackable" without telling anyone (unlikely), it would have been a decision made when building the game.

Edit:

Pet damage is only obsolete IF you are using a damage elixir. The biggest points discussed so far are:
    • Pet damage is nulled when using damage or combo elixirs
    • Combo elixirs and single damage elixirs do not stack.
    • Passive damage is useless when using a pet with damage %
    • Archon damage bonus is overwritten by just about everything
    • Shadow veil damage upgrade is part of this damage-non-stacking thing. So Abaddon and Shadow Veil do not work together.
    Last edited by Serancha; 04-14-2014 at 09:27 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    As a web developer I write code according to the functionality I am asked to provide, I don't write code and then find out what it does after. Every line of code is written specifically to implement a certain functionality. This is the same in all fields of development - web, apps, software, gaming, etc.

Whoever coded the elixir stacking would have had to be following the game designer's instructions. Unless there was some rogue coder giggling and saying "ooh let's just leave these unstackable" without telling anyone (unlikely), it would have been a decision made when building the game.
    The other option is that there is a bug. Maybe the designer built it in a way that it isn't easily fixed. Or maybe it was as intended.

But I say this much... this is a game changer. And is something we would probably have figured out in season 1/2 with passive bonuses displayed.
    Last edited by Rare; 04-14-2014 at 09:29 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Edit:

Pet damage is only obsolete IF you are using a damage elixir. The biggest points discussed so far are:
    • Shadow veil damage upgrade is part of this damage-non-stacking thing. So Abaddon and Shadow Veil do not work together.
    What about vengeful blood and shadowlurk AA ???

Seriously this thing is making me laugh.

The system and what we believed till today has all been thrown into thr dustbin.

Aaaah my plats :"S

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Edit:

Please keep this post updated with the latest "biggest points". Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

So basically, if you're using any damage pet... the damage passive is pointless.

Interesting...

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    So basically, if you're using any damage pet... the damage passive is pointless.

Interesting...
    This is true. When equipped with Samael, you recieve an extra 10% dmg from happiness bonus, so putting skill points in the dmg passive is useless. Unfortunately, it applies with Archon Rings as well (STR and DEX types), so with a 3.5% armor bonus, your durable passive is useless. Because of this, I have to switch to a mythic ring for my warrior because I rather have 5% armor bonus from passives than 3.5% armor bonus.
    Last edited by Instanthumor; 04-14-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    This is true. When equipped with Samael, you recieve an extra 10% dmg from happiness bonus, so putting skill points in the dmg passive is useless. Unfortunately, it applies with Archon Rings as well (STR and DEX types), so with a 3.5% armor bonus, your durable passive is useless. Because of this, I have to switch to a mythic ring for my warrior because I rather have 5% armor bonus from passives than 3.5% armor bonus.

I dont think the armor% applies in this because when you equip archon ring your armor is boosted
    Last edited by Cero; 04-14-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Actually in pvp we tested the armor ring quite carefully, and it did still have effect when combined with passive armor.

This was not the case for archon damage ring when combined with damage pet having over 10% damage boost. I put the info on the original thread about this.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.