Thread: best weapon out for less than 2 million

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default best weapon out for less than 2 million

Was checking out the new weapons for mage's. I have the myth rune flare of lethality, which I love, but seems to be falling a little short in the dmg and dps ranges of the totem of brutality. I also see the tribal staff of force, little less dmg but very high dps. I am trying to get some good feedback on how much better these new weapons are compared to my trusted full grand hemmed rune flare...any assistance will be appreciated!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Expedition rifle of brutality or assault is best IMO. High damage and great proc.

Magma totem is also very good but has lower damage. The proc stuns bosses which is very useful.

Tribal staff has really high dps but is the least useful of the 3. Damage is very low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Just sold my Oribital staff and traded to an Expedition Rifle of Brutality for $10k. Dmg value is about the same, only the riffle is a little slower on mobs. Since the new mobs are so mean I prefer the extra range anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

as said above, expedition rifle of brut is your best bet. it has great bang for buck and is much better than mythic gun. I also have the magmatic totem and my experience with it is that its wonderful when the proc works but it happens pretty infrequently.

The rifle proc happens at almost every mob I encounter, sometimes multiple times causing AoE damage to everything nearby. With the totem, I usually see it proc maybe in 1 out of every 20 of my attacks. Its great when its works though as it panics a target randomly and then pulls nearby mobs into the target while damaging them (like Whim's arcane ability). And yes, it works on bosses.

However, In elites I still prefer to use the rifle because to get the totem to proc on a mob you usually need to be really close and thus you can get one-shotted easily. Therefore its not really practical to use the totem. Also l41 totems are at their cheapest around 300k for a potency one and can get higher than 2 mil for a brutality one. The l41 rifle of brut however can be gotten for 10k or less.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

so the mythic staff is not much better than expedition rifle of brutality?

stats wise.. The mythic staff give the best stats still
    Last edited by will0; 04-20-2014 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    as said above, expedition rifle of brut is your best bet. it has great bang for buck and is much better than mythic gun. I also have the magmatic totem and my experience with it is that its wonderful when the proc works but it happens pretty infrequently.

The rifle proc happens at almost every mob I encounter, sometimes multiple times causing AoE damage to everything nearby. With the totem, I usually see it proc maybe in 1 out of every 20 of my attacks. Its great when its works though as it panics a target randomly and then pulls nearby mobs into the target while damaging them (like Whim's arcane ability). And yes, it works on bosses.

However, In elites I still prefer to use the rifle because to get the totem to proc on a mob you usually need to be really close and thus you can get one-shotted easily. Therefore its not really practical to use the totem. Also l41 totems are at their cheapest around 300k for a potency one and can get higher than 2 mil for a brutality one. The l41 rifle of brut however can be gotten for 10k or less.
    Just saying, Im mainly using a magmatic totem of potency lvl 41 now and it procs a lot more often than the rifle, seriously. Not sure how you say it procs infrequently. I solos elite palm rock many times as a routine, and every pack of mobs I attack should at least proc once or twice, the rifle's chain lightning seems to happen much less in both PvE and PvP in my experiences. Even when soloing that first mate butter claw boss in palm rock I sometimes get a streak of 4 or 5 procs on magmatic totem and boss cant even swing his claw in those seconds. Maybe you think so because the lightning is brighter while the red circle is only on the ground and the fire effect is easily mistaken to be fireball from other sorc.

And btw, back to OP, in my opinion (a staff lover) I feel magmatic totems are very wonderful. It attacks 3 mobs at the same time, and has higher dps (aka faster attack speed). My preference is brutality and potency, if I had enough money I would go with brutality but potency is very good too, its 15 dmg (brut) vs 150 hp (pot) with cost of 1m> vs 300k. And buy lvl 41 ones also, lvl 40 ones are only a bit cheaper but gives a bit less stat too, you might not want to change too often And a note, NEVER buy fatality. Not sure why people fall for this kind, I even got PM'ed "potency sux, at least buy fatality". Yes it gives 7 more damage (to my stats, equal gems and level) but it give 300 LESS hp than potency, not a good trade imo.
    Last edited by Sceazikua; 04-20-2014 at 04:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sceazikua View Post
    Just saying, Im mainly using a magmatic totem of potency lvl 41 now and it procs a lot more often than the rifle, seriously. Not sure how you say it procs infrequently. I solos elite palm rock many times as a routine, and every pack of mobs I attack should at least proc once or twice, the rifle's chain lightning seems to happen much less in both PvE and PvP in my experiences. Even when soloing that first mate butter claw boss in palm rock I sometimes get a streak of 4 or 5 procs on magmatic totem and boss cant even swing his claw in those seconds. Maybe you think so because the lightning is brighter while the red circle is only on the ground and the fire effect is easily mistaken to be fireball from other ss.

And btw, back to OP, in my opinion (a staff lover) I feel magmatic totems are very wonderful. It attacks 3 mobs at the same time, and has higher dps (aka faster attack speed). My preference is brutality and potency, if I had enough money I would go with brutality but potency is very good too, its 15 dmg (brut) vs 150 hp (pot) with cost of 1m> vs 300k. And buy lvl 41 ones also, lvl 40 ones are only a bit cheaper but gives a bit less stat too, you might not want to change too often And a note, NEVER buy fatality. Not sure why people fall for this kind, I even got PM'ed "potency sux, at least buy fatality". Yes it gives 7 more damage (to my stats, equal gems and level) but it give 300 LESS hp than potency, not a good trade imo.
    Well in my month use of the totem/rifle and switching on and off between the two, I can confidently say rifle procs way more than totem but as you can see individual mileage varies. And yes I do note the proc its actually extremely obvious due to the orange circle on the ground that changes in size.

It could be because for totem to proc you need to hit mobs with regular attacks. As I tend to stay farther apart and use skills more, it may seem to me that it procs less
    Last edited by grumpy; 04-20-2014 at 12:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

I'm normally a staff user as well but damage wise the expedition rifle surpasses them all.

Recently I've been using level 40 versions of the nordr jewel and architect pylon and stats aren't much different between them and the magma totem. Totem is a little higher when using a level 41.

Now I switch between the 3 staves depending on which proc I want. Nordr for slowing enemies, pylon for healing mana or totem for stunning bosses. All 3 are great weapons to use tho if you prefer staves. It just depends on which proc you want more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

i am contemplating i should sell my mythic staff to use totem brutality .. loosing crit and armor ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    i am contemplating i should sell my mythic staff to use totem brutality .. loosing crit and armor ...
    You will prob lose health also but for the price you can sell it for you could get all the best legendary weapons and still have a ton of gold left over. The expedition rifle has about the same damage a the mythic staff.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wutzgood For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    You will prob lose health also but for the price you can sell it for you could get all the best legendary weapons and still have a ton of gold left over. The expedition rifle has about the same damage a the mythic staff.
    yes indeed after selling my Kershal and using mythic scythe now already loose quite a bit of health but then i have no regret selling Kershal