Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Time to make things fair again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Default Time to make things fair again

As of recent certain guilds started spot blocking in PvP against magnum. these two guilds know who they are. I've been recently asked to help co run magnum so here is what we have come up with. We originally didn't start this form of spot blocking in PvP but our mistake was to answer back by doing the same. This response of acting the same made us no better than the original perpetrators. this has escalated and PvP at endgame has become like twink. everyone is now spot blocking and blaming the others. We at magnum didn't start this childlike behavior however we did participate and now we are going to change this. We will no longer be participating in this behavior and have made it official rule that it won't be tolerated in our guild. when we find people behaving in this childlike way we will just ignore the behavior, if they are in our guild they will be dealt with accordingly. If these other guids that want to point blame for what they started want to act right they will follow suit. I don't expect those other guilds to follow suit cause I'm not sure if the people running them are mature enough to act responsibly however now that I'm in a co master role of magnum we will be acting this way. let's see if maturity can return to PvP and all can play fair without spot blocking once again or are these other guilds too afraid to fight fair.( I believe the latter is true since they started this behavior to begin with). so henceforth magnum will not be participating in games with spot blocking cause we are mature enough to man up and play right let's see how many follow suit.

CO-MASTER of Magnum Legendary arcane legends warrior and retired #1 in battle command on 1/14/14

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to djironlung For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Hey Iron,

First off, we can play the he start/she started games. Truthfully, both guilds are going to have their opinions on that. I have my own, but I am not going to go into them.

Secondly, I appreciate the initiative and I will talk to other officers of Resilience to see if they are interested in the same initiative of fair gameplay. However, I am sure that we would have to SEE some change before actually changing the rules as well. I'm not saying that y'all aren't trying, but I've still heard reports. From now on, I will document them and bring them to you. Again, in the meantime, I'll talk to our guild and see what our view on this is.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

that's a start in the right direction it's not about blame it's about being able to have fun again and fair play.

CO-MASTER of Magnum Legendary arcane legends warrior and retired #1 in battle command on 1/14/14

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Maybe you can use this Zeus:

NEW GUILD RULE!
    Name:  BLocking.png
Views: 905
Size:  49.4 KB
    STOP THE BLOCKING OR YOU'LL BE KICK

SEND CHALLENGE TO THE RESPECTED GUILD FOR FAIR PVP

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barzagli For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Keep in mind that you are speaking primarily for yourself and a handful of other people in your guild. If you tell your guild, they'd all probably agree, but the next minute they go in PvP, they'd do the exact opposite of what you asked for. As Zeus mentioned up above, we would like to see the change. I'm sure this kind of thread has been here before, but having 5/300 following a rule doesn't really show much.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

it's about being big enough to follow suit I am in full authority to start booting people I don't believe in playing cheaply and I won't tolerate the action.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Keep in mind that you are speaking primarily for yourself and a handful of other people in your guild. If you tell your guild, they'd all probably agree, but the next minute they go in PvP, they'd do the exact opposite of what you asked for. As Zeus mentioned up above, we would like to see the change. I'm sure this kind of thread has been here before, but having 5/300 following a rule doesn't really show much.
    We're not speaking for ourselves, its trying to stop this blocking games before it goes on and on. As Iron said "it's about being big enough to follow". At least won't you try it or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Fairness might find its way back to Arlor at last.
    On a more serious note, I think we here at Resilience are in total favor of ending the shenanigans in pvp, and spot blocking is a great place to start. As Zeus said, we would have to see legitimate change in game before ending the spot blocking that we recently began in the past few days. The purpose of said blocking was to level the playing field; but if the playing field will be leveled without the need for us to block, then I see no reason for us to continue to block.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jack (41) - Dictate (26) - Adapted (26) - Decisive (16) - Priority (15)
    All posts are intended to inform or critique, not to flame.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Prioritize For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Why is this type of thing even brought to forums in general? The way I see it is generally parties that have legitimate feelings such as the sentiment if the original poster wouldn't post a thread like this. It basically invites trolling amd attempts to declare innocence to the community not involved. If really fair games were the motivation for this thread it would have been done in pm, in game. That is my opinion. Hopefully I am proven wrong.
    Last edited by dantus; 04-14-2014 at 10:00 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dantus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Future:

Magnum stops blocking for a while.

EoS+Pride continue to block, *time passes* EoS+Pride still continue to block,

Magnum retalitates and blocks- EoS and Pride post block screenies to this thread,

Moral: If we started this 'blocking' nonsense, then yes it would be our responsibility to fix and clean this up. But we did not start this, they did and unless THEY change our efforts to change will just be in vain....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Really? Must you guys make threads about this same thing every freaking day? One would think 30+ locked threads would be a clue...
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

To really make a change you have to bring in climax/Republika. I remember when they did it to me last season. Before all of this even started.

Zep / Basic / Titan / OG Night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Honestly, from past history and experiences I don't see this going to well.

For this to go as planned, we need all the opposing guilds to be in perfect harmony and to be able to convey information to everyone this would be in a 'eutopia' and is not very realistic..

We'll see how this plays out..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Future:

Magnum stops blocking for a while.

EoS+Pride continue to block, *time passes* EoS+Pride still continue to block,

Magnum retalitates and blocks- EoS and Pride post block screenies to this thread,

Moral: If we started this 'blocking' nonsense, then yes it would be our responsibility to fix and clean this up. But we did not start this, they did and unless THEY change our efforts to change will just be in vain....
    I can see this thread going downhill already.

I find it quite funny that you failed to acknowledge our numerous threads about ending the blocking in pvp when we were the ones being blocked. But now when your guild posts this thread speaking against the blocking of spots in pvp, which was most likely prompted by the complete dominance of Eos and Resilience this past weekend, we are man enough to agree with you that this needs to end. All I can say is listen to your guildmates and don't point fingers. We all know who began the pvp shenanigans.

Jack (41) - Dictate (26) - Adapted (26) - Decisive (16) - Priority (15)
    All posts are intended to inform or critique, not to flame.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prioritize For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

It has to start somewhere. Before we nerf the thread with too much negativity, let's give it a shot. Granted this new initiative may not reach everyone at first, but if we are not quick to judge those who may not have gotten the no spotblock memo, then there may still be hope for endgame pvp after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

May I ask from which guild MrxNice is? He was spot blocking our game earlier today. It seems that Magnum has a new rule to take titles off in PvP so it's harder to accuse of blocking in the first place.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prioritize View Post
    I can see this thread going downhill already.

I find it quite funny that you failed to acknowledge our numerous threads about ending the blocking in pvp when we were the ones being blocked. But now when your guild posts this thread speaking against the blocking of spots in pvp, which was most likely prompted by the complete dominance of Eos and Resilience this past weekend, we are man enough to agree with you that this needs to end. All I can say is listen to your guildmates and don't point fingers. We all know who began the pvp shenanigans.

Dominance?

XD
    Please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I dont belong either part but its good that u r willing to change

+1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Honestly this is why I just close chat when I'm in pvp. Play for fun and how it's meant to be. I assure you that if chat were disabled for everyone in pvp, it would be a paradise in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YouTube Channel: Tuma Arcane
    http://www.youtube.com/user/KrypticOrder

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

my god.... you people cry like 3 year old's.

sts should just add a timer to pvp, if you have stayed in for more then a min without a kill, "pop" your out of zone
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.