Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Time to make things fair again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dantus View Post
    Bless today quite a awhile after this thread was created we played 3 tdm games together. The first we won the second we won while we had no tanks and you had two. The third game, surprise surprise you had a blocker in the lobby for 80% of the game. Yes, I know how to use the /w function. And I have ss to support this. We won't discuss the 1v1 you called me out in. So maybe a few can say they support this, but you my dear are not one of them.
    First game: 2 magnum rogues and 2 newbie random tanks with no heals vs a maxed arcane eos team

Second game: 1 random newbie tank (same kid as previous match with no heal) and 2 magnum rogues and 1 magnum tank Vs a maxed arcane eos team

Point is: Y'all had maxed team, whilst we had random team, doesn't take a genius to figure out our chances of winning, especially with 2 L40 tanks.

Third: random game.
    As a matter of fact, I had not asked anybody to join the game but oppositely I had asked the "blockers" (they joined a random game) to leave. /who I can use too, but before the petty accusations, did you care to check if it was me who called - I told him to leave thrice - but y'all left before he could :/
    Last edited by Bless; 04-15-2014 at 09:04 PM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    We are trying to rid it, but like I said you gotta give it more time. And magnum doing it solely is not going to help because if others don't agree then we get blocked and then we are the bad guys for fighting back - when we took the initiative to stop in the first place.

And yes, it is a pathetic excuse for the aim of continuation of spot blocking because you're going to do the same thing.

It's a damn cycle. C'mon Falm post a witty meme already...
    Yeah so in the mean time, we should let both guild members do whatever they want, because its not fair if someone follows rules and someone doesn't.
    How long do you need to apply this no-blocking rule to all your members and your allies??
    Lets say 2 weeks(start from tomorrow), which is 4-30.
    Both guild start to kick members for blocking on 5-01.

You simply can not ask people to stop what they are doing right the way and trust me, we know,
    We asked for fair play for over 3 months but it didn't work.

It's kind of funny, that only "eye for eye and tooth for tooth" works.
    1 week of intense revolting is worth 3 months of civilized talking.

Now for the first time magnum asks for fair play.
    (I am sorry if I am wrong. I think this is the first thread for asking fair play that posted by magnum)

Again, this is one man's opinion.

Thank you Jon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I already did go back a couple of pages. But the problem here is about doing the right thing. Courage is doing the right thing in the face of injustice. Just because they behave badly doesn't give anyone the excuse do to them equally or worse. There is nothing courageous about doing the same cheap tactics back. Yeah when I was ganged I ganged the same people back. But I didn't use that as an excuse to gang every member of that guild. I'm not taking sides and I'm not offering any solutions. But if people want change then people should act independent of the consequences. Others may follow and some may not, but at least you know where you stand.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default Time to make things fair again

@puresai We aren't really asking for totally fair play, as ganging will happen guaranteed in the future but stopping spot blocking. It is a move taken forward not because we are 'scared' or are getting owned by spot blockers from the rival guilds, I assure you it's not that.

It is because (this is only one of the reasons) we and our allies are being scapegoated (maybe because we are #1?) as the 'only' spot blockers and our reputation is going down the drain whilst the other blocker guilds aren't targeted when they do the same. We want to take a new initiative and stop this.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

We are trying to rid it, but like I said you gotta give it more time. And magnum doing it solely is not going to help because if others don't agree then we get blocked and then we are the bad guys for fighting back - when we took the initiative to stop in the first place.

Also, it's not a "recently adopted behaviour". Your own guildie admitted that Pride had blocked too. Heck even Venom the GM was screenshotted blocking! Applause for the word manipulation, but it's not a habit of magnum and nor is it long term. I have screenshots of pride blocking, so let's agree both guilds are the convicts here.

And yes, it is a pathetic excuse for the aim of continuation of spot blocking because you're going to do the same thing as magnum did, does it make Others any less scum? No!

Magnum started this on their own accord, and I think they can end it that way also. At Resilience, we enjoy fair play. As for you taking the initiative to stop this, you have me laughing. We have been attempting to stop this issue that your guild and its allies love so much for at least a month with no headway. Don't say you took the initiative to stopping the issue.

Also, this is a recently adopted behavior: the frequent spot blocking of a clash in which our guild participates. Yes, the occasional Venom rage likely followed with him spot blocking. But did the rest of us support it? Of course not, and this was the reason that Loyal was founded.

You can applaud the word manipulation, but I won't join you. Ask knowledgeable players outside of the 5 guilds directly involved in this which guild they credit with the most spot blocking. It's the trademark of your guild and its allies. To further my point, it's commonly accepted in the scientific community that a habit takes 3 weeks to a month to form; so yes, blocking for more than a month makes it a habitual action, an automaticity. And yes, I will agree that both sides are at fault, but the difference in the degree of that fault is immense.

Our aim is not to continue spot blocking. Our aim is to play the game fairly as it was intended. Cycles only end when the initiator stops their behavior. You villainize us for not accepting your plan to stop spot blocking at its face value. I can only ask one question: Why? We have yet to see a change in game. Theory is all well and good, but if you can't apply that theory, it's useless.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jack (41) - Dictate (26) - Adapted (26) - Decisive (16) - Priority (15)
    All posts are intended to inform or critique, not to flame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

@puresai We aren't really asking for totally fair play, as ganging will happen guaranteed in the future but stopping spot blocking. It is a move taken forward not because we are 'scared' or are getting owned by spot blockers from the rival guilds, I assure you it's not that.

It is because (this is only one of the reasons) we and our allies are being scapegoated (maybe because we are #1?) as the 'only' spot blockers and our reputation is going down the drain whilst the other blocker guilds aren't targeted when they do the same. We want to take a new initiative and stop this.
    Funny thing is, when I join a clash- they all scatter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I think the question we should all ask right now is if we want this sort of pvp tactic to stop. If we all agree that it is the lowest sort of gameplay that we can resort to, then why do we hold on to our reasons for doing it?

It doesn't matter anymore who started it, what matters is how we can end it. The success of this endeavor does not lie in Magnum and its allies alone. If Loyal was upright enough to have done this before, then I expect that the same values that pushed you to take that initiative before will surface and embrace this change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Funny thing is, when I join a clash- they all scatter.
    Funny thing is, we know you abuse bugs. Why should we bother staying when people like you ruin the game. Build that ego, it might help you achieve something in life one day.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Prioritize For This Useful Post:

zyn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prioritize View Post
    Magnum started this on their own accord, and I think they can end it that way also. At Resilience, we enjoy fair play. As for you taking the initiative to stop this, you have me laughing. We have been attempting to stop this issue that your guild and its allies love so much for at least a month with no headway. Don't say you took the initiative to stopping the issue.

Also, this is a recently adopted behavior: the frequent spot blocking of a clash in which our guild participates. Yes, the occasional Venom rage likely followed with him spot blocking. But did the rest of us support it? Of course not, and this was the reason that Loyal was founded.

You can applaud the word manipulation, but I won't join you. Ask knowledgeable players outside of the 5 guilds directly involved in this which guild they credit with the most spot blocking. It's the trademark of your guild and its allies. To further my point, it's commonly accepted in the scientific community that a habit takes 3 weeks to a month to form; so yes, blocking for more than a month makes it a habitual action, an automaticity. And yes, I will agree that both sides are at fault, but the difference in the degree of that fault is immense.

Our aim is not to continue spot blocking. Our aim is to play the game fairly as it was intended. Cycles only end when the initiator stops their behavior. You villainize us for not accepting your plan to stop spot blocking at its face value. I can only ask one question: Why? We have yet to see a change in game. Theory is all well and good, but if you can't apply that theory, it's useless.

We initiated it? Blocking existed way before magnum or pride was formed - heck, even before you started pvp. But if we initiated it, we're ending it. Let us end it then? Continuing to do it yourself will result in retaliation from us won't it?

But we have decided to step against it yes? Continuing to do it makes a resilience spot block less impactful than a magnum spot block? No. That's the difference, we stopped. What right does it give you to say that magnum are in the wrong when resilience are continuing it themselves? We have a new rule, and you can speak to an officer about if if anyone breaks it. The new rule will settle in our gameplay. Have patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    But the problem here is about doing the right thing. Courage is doing the right thing in the face of injustice. Just because they behave badly doesn't give anyone the excuse do to them equally or worse. There is nothing courageous about doing the same cheap tactics back. Yeah when I was ganged I ganged the same people back. But I didn't use that as an excuse to gang every member of that guild. I'm not taking sides and I'm not offering any solutions. But if people want change then people should act independent of the consequences. Others may follow and some may not, but at least you know where you stand.
    Last edited by Bless; 04-15-2014 at 10:04 PM.
    Credits to Iady

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Funny thing is, we know you abuse bugs. Why should we bother staying when people like you ruin the game. Build that ego, it might help you achieve something in life one day.

What bugs, kind sir?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Classychic View Post
    I think the question we should all ask right now is if we want this sort of pvp tactic to stop. If we all agree that it is the lowest sort of gameplay that we can resort to, then why do we hold on to our reasons for doing it?

It doesn't matter anymore who started it, what matters is how we can end it. The success of this endeavor does not lie in Magnum and its allies alone. If Loyal was upright enough to have done this before, then I expect that the same values that pushed you to take that initiative before will surface and embrace this change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Embrace the change that we have yet to see in game? That's like accepting an apology that has no real meaning behind it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Embrace the change that we have yet to see in game? That's like accepting an apology that has no real meaning behind it.

Except the apology does have meaning, in this case the 'apology' would be sincere but the people(s) receiving it are just too butthurt to accept it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Except the apology does have meaning, in this case the 'apology' would be sincere but the people(s) receiving it are just too butthurt to accept it.
    If the apology had meaning, the person's behavior would change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

If the apology had meaning, the person's behavior would change.

What if the behavior did change and the victims are just to butthurt? Eh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

What if the behavior did change and the victims are just to butthurt? Eh?
    What if behavior change was visible? Oh wait..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

What if behavior change was visible? Oh wait..

What if it was and you're butthu...

*gasp*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

As I stated on the first page of this thread, I am completely for the end of spot blocking. Just need to see legitimate change before accepting this new guild rule of yours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

What if it was and you're butthu...

*gasp*
    What if you were trying to provoke a response? Just an example of how conflict begins in AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Bless just said:
    We have a new rule, and you can speak to an officer about if if anyone breaks it. The new rule will settle in our gameplay. Have patience.

If you think someone is purposely blocking on your team and Magnum/ally members on the other team are not asking that person to get out, refer to what Bless said. Preferably immediately, so we can check whether that person is indeed in the pvp room and blocking. For now, maybe that's all we can ask. But I will repeat myself. You wanted to stop this before. Those same values should therefore apply and there's no reason you should want this initiative by Magnum to fail, except for personal grievances. You have a hand in making this a success, a big one at that. Same goes to other guilds. If we put an end to this cycle of spotblocking, it won't be Magnum's triumph, but a step towards restoration of AL's pvp.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Classychic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Classychic View Post
    Bless just said:
    We have a new rule, and you can speak to an officer about if if anyone breaks it. The new rule will settle in our gameplay. Have patience.

If you think someone is purposely blocking on your team and Magnum/ally members on the other team are not asking that person to get out, refer to what Bless said. Preferably immediately, so we can check whether that person is indeed in the pvp room and blocking. For now, maybe that's all we can ask. But I will repeat myself. You wanted to stop this before. Those same values should therefore apply and there's no reason you should want this initiative by Magnum to fail, except for personal grievances. You have a hand in making this a success, a big one at that. Same goes to other guilds. If we put an end to this cycle of spotblocking, it won't be Magnum's triumph, but a step towards restoration of AL's pvp.
    +1.

Goodluck with spreading the word. I personally thank you for the initiative to represent your guild.
    duck dynasty falls