Thread: New chat filter system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New chat filter system

It's a bit intrusive. I know the rules state no cursing, but if it is just me and my buddies in a game together... why does it matter? If no one is being offended, why does PL need to know how clean my chat is? The report button and stars seemed to serve the censorship purpose just fine. What was the thought process behind instituting this new system?
    It really gets on my nerves. i don't want my account terminated, but it becomes very difficult to play while constantly thinking about how I need to censor myself in the split seconds I have to type a message. After about 10 minutes in game i had to give up playing because i slipped up and tripped the censor atleast 3 different times.

I can understand this system being in townes, maybe even dungeons that are public, but certainly not my private game.

Obviously, i don't really have a choice in the matter. i don't want to come off demanding. I'm just expressing my own personal feedback on the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i agree man.. i get the notication alot when im talking to my Pinoy friends in Tagalog.. try to type the word "ngayon" .. that means today or now in Tagalog(filipino language).

long story short, turn off that warning thing and let us curse! thats what the chat filter is for! UNLESS your insulting other players, there shouldnt be any problem
    Last edited by supremo502; 12-17-2010 at 10:17 AM.
    Klockwork - Level 50 Dual Cyber Void/ Power Rift Bird
    Seks - Level 50 Cyber Rift Paladin
    Rooted HTC Evo 4G & iPad wifi 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Not getting defensive, just acknowledging you as a troll, bro.