Thread: broken matchmaking

Thanks

Default broken matchmaking

Playing bd for about four or five months now, and have enjoyed myself.

Recently made the transition to dragon hall level 8, and everything is going great.

Until. Until the #3 player for trophies, pageon attacks. He's dh10, that's within two, I suppose that's just a fluke he found me. I have virtually zero trophies, usually between zero and a hundred, he has 127k.

Stupid luck turns into a real problem. Four attacks in the last six days by pageon. How do our bases get matched that regularly with such a ridiculous trophy spread? There must be thousands of players dh8-10 in this trophy spread, yet four times in six days he comes to me.

I don't even mind getting wiped once in a while, but repeatedly by a guy who losses gold and sheep by the 100k's each time for fifteen trophies? No. This needs to be addressed.

Forum Adept
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Upgrade to dh9 and you will be safe

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Trophy count has very little to do with battle scaling, its based on hall level. +/-2 from what I've seen. Don't worry Pegaen does that to everyone. 9 devestators and a bunch of spits, your not alone. Use it to your advantage. A lot of resources can accumulate with saved boost and a 16 hour guardian.
    BATTLE DRAGONS: HUMBLE MASTER OF KINGS AND LEGENDS: GRUNTHAWK
    POCKET LEGENDS:PROUD OFFICER IN GETHIGH: GRUNTHAWK: LVL76 PANDA WARRIOR/TRIPPMENDER: LVL76 TRUE MAGE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus_01 View Post
    Until. Until the #3 player for trophies, pageon attacks. He's dh10, that's within two, I suppose that's just a fluke he found me. I have virtually zero trophies, usually between zero and a hundred, he has 127k.
    Don't be near zero trophies. The matching is bugged so the top players can see the zero trophy players easily. Stay over 200 trophies, and they won't find you. When you need to farm, just drop trophies to 0. Then when you are done, raise trophies back to 200.

I always have 8 million gold. I don't need it, and I don't have any upgrades to buy. Nobody attacks me, and I never have a shield. If I have zero trophies, I will get attacked.

Thanks

So dh9 for whatever reason will save me (still in his 2dh bracket), trophies don't matter and trophies only matter above or below 200.

Upgrading my dh- hire exactly will that make me safe? Still able to be attacked, and another dragon or two won't help defend my base from these attacks.

Trophies don't matter- then why is farming possible? All the attacks of my own hit what you would expect- low trophy dh6 and 7's.

And the last guy says above 200 trophies makes me less visible to the top players... How does that work? Someone with 100k trophies is especially likely to see a 0 trophy base? That makes zero sense

Thanks

So dh9 for whatever reason will save me
    With 3 coppers near the center, and 3 ice dragons near the coppers, your fort will be harder than most to defeat. Make sure you fill all the gaps on the ground so that bombers have to fly a loooong way to get to the coppers.

Upgrading my dh- hire exactly will that make me safe? Still able to be attacked, and another dragon or two won't help defend my base from these attacks.
    Three coppers is harder than two coppers. But, don't put them two close together. I like to find a fort where all the coppers are in the center next to each other. Casting an ice frost spell three times makes them all go away, and then the fort is easy to defeat.

Trophies don't matter- then why is farming possible? All the attacks of my own hit what you would expect- low trophy dh6 and 7's.
    Trophies are used to find an appropriate PvP match. STS decided that the best way to match players is by trophy level. If you like to farm resources, then you can take advantage of this game design by adjusting your trophy level to find the most profitable opponents. It turns out that players who rarely log on, and rarely collect resources are typically below 100 trophies. So, we adjust our trophy level to find those forts.

And the last guy says above 200 trophies makes me less visible to the top players... How does that work? Someone with 100k trophies is especially likely to see a 0 trophy base? That makes zero sense
    True, it makes no sense, unless you are a computer programmer.

This is obviously a flaw in the math used to select PvP opponents. Battle Command used to have this flaw, but it was fixed. In Battle Command, the top players would only have to skip about 10 to 20 PvP forts having high trophy levels, then suddenly all they got was forts having zero trophy levels. But, they would only get the lowest trophy players, and never players around 200 trophies. And, it only worked for top players. So, the top trophy players would constantly get the easiest forts. Everyone else had hard forts, or forts more closely matching their level. This was finally fixed in Battle Command, but to another extreme... they made it easy for low trophy farmers and impossible for high trophy farmers. I guess it was a kind of revenge by STS for all the players that did too well from the PvP matching flaw.

But, this was never fixed in Battle Dragons. So, the top trophy players in BD could still easily find zero trophy forts. But, they could not find 200+ trophy forts.

A lot of BD 2000+ trophy players got frustrated and dropped to zero trophies so that they could farm more easily. (myself included). So, the low trophy farmers above 200 trophies only have to worry about each other. It turns out that the farming is not very profitable above 200 trophies, so the DH9/10 farmers stay below 200. This means it is safe to log out above 200 trophies.

Forum Adept
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    Don't be near zero trophies. The matching is bugged so the top players can see the zero trophy players easily. Stay over 200 trophies, and they won't find you. When you need to farm, just drop trophies to 0. Then when you are done, raise trophies back to 200.

I always have 8 million gold. I don't need it, and I don't have any upgrades to buy. Nobody attacks me, and I never have a shield. If I have zero trophies, I will get attacked.
    We find all DH8 in all ranks, doesnt matter if you have 0 or 100k

but we can't find DH9 or DH10 far away from our trophy level, so the trick is upgrade to DH9. However others in similar rank will find you, but if your base is strong they will skip you because the farmer paradise allows you got get bunch of gold with 4 bombers in easy bases. so why to attack a DH9 (3 coopers) or DH10 (4 coopers) for double of the resources that you can get in an easy way?

Forum Adept
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I see only DH8 after I skip my opponents in top 12 of the rank of trophies, I see all kind of DH8 and not only the zero level that farmers usually get, so for me to be lucky i need to skip a lot more.

In the beginning players try to hide from strong opponents by keeping lower trophies, STS changed the pvp matching system to enable us to see all.
    It makes no sense that a farmer paradise still exists for DH8 and up. since they have almost all troops at higher level and can face stronger ones.

Thanks

So sts won't fix this because they don't know how without swinging in the complete opposite direction. An extra copper Iis not going to be of use because the player I worry about is all ground- 9 max devastators. And he clearly isn't there to farm as he loses hundreds of thousands of sheep and makes maybe a few ten thousand gold at best after spells are accounted for.

Thanks

So sts won't fix this because they don't know how without swinging in the complete opposite direction. An extra copper Iis not going to be of use because the player I worry about is all ground- 9 max devastators. And he clearly isn't there to farm as he loses hundreds of thousands of sheep and makes maybe a few ten thousand gold at best after spells are accounted for.
    If you farm more than you lose each day, then you don't have to care about being attacked. And, if you take your time to upgrade your fort, you will be attacked less.

I stayed at each level until I paid for every upgrade. And, I always have all my builders working.

If I am looking for someone to attack, I skip the forts that have fully upgraded ice dragons. Also, if I see that you have silver and gold dragons, plus upgraded walls, then I will skip that fort. The main reason I would skip a highly upgraded fort is because I don't want to be revenged. A fort with DH8 and wood walls is no threat because that player looks too stupid to succeed at revenge. But, a fort with max walls and max ice dragons looks smart enough to take my resources in a revenge. Just today I skipped an upgraded fort which would pay 600 gold and 600 sheep. Instead, I attacked a fort with wood walls and only 150 gold and 150 sheep.

I rarely get attacked, even though I always keep 8 million gold in storage. I never have a shield.
    Last edited by csb; 04-24-2014 at 12:51 PM.