Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Should I Play Again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Default Should I Play Again?

Some of you might still remember me on the forums, but I'm wondering if I should play AL again. I quit about 6 months ago (just after the crafting and upgrading systems were released, but before the Halloween event). Has much changed in terms of AL's economy? Is the "undercut the lowest price" thing still around, or has it turned better now? Is there anything new and exciting (besides the expansion and new pets)?

Just say stuff that's new from around mid-October till now, if you can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Making money has gotten alot easier if you're willing to work hard.

Also, there are some ground breaking updates coming in the next AL client if you take a look in the AL announcements.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Well of course! When you were gone, flaggers had filled almost all ctf rooms (maybe even when you were here) but soon there will be a massive update including:
    -Action towards free flagging
    -Free respec weekend
    -double story token weekend
    -many more

Undercutting will almost always be here, it is a natural habit to undercut, why? Because people will always buy the lower price. If you have the lower price, your item is sold. Do I advise you to come back? Sure, there are some guilds like
    -Resilience (Main focus:PvP;Although I haven't been in this guild, these guys are pretty cool especially since they got two 1st place leaderboard-ers)
    -EoS (Great guild, been here for as long as DM (Deviant Misfits) but these guys are in both PvE and PvP)
    -Magnum (Main focus:PvP;There are a great amount of skilled players here)
    -Chosen (Main focus:PvE;They are blooming in PvP tho)
    -The Collective (Although I haven't been in this guild, I have been in a guild with Amazonina and Zuzeq. They're both great people, join these guys for eite runs)
    -Elite Runners (Their focus is their guild name. These people have true skill in elite runs, join them to pwn elites)
    -Eminence (Save the best for last (IMO ) These guys are extremely feisty and funny. It is especially fun to be here because we can push around our GM (Safiras) and she won't care!)

Anyways, hope to see ya back up and running in game.
    IGN:Freelancer;Send me a friend request if ya need some PvP help.
    AL-Freelancer

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Xenobiotic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drearivev View Post
    Some of you might still remember me on the forums, but I'm wondering if I should play AL again. I quit about 6 months ago (just after the crafting and upgrading systems were released, but before the Halloween event). Has much changed in terms of AL's economy? Is the "undercut the lowest price" thing still around, or has it turned better now? Is there anything new and exciting (besides the expansion and new pets)?

Just say stuff that's new from around mid-October till now, if you can.
    Economy is pretty much the same nothing is different. Also right now prices are falling on most farmable items. Unless its the top item of its class, the demand is pretty non-existent. Most people are trying to get what they can out of what they farm, so there is some pretty big undercutting happening.
    Also I am not entirely sure but its possible adding luck elixir kit is adding extra items which is why we are seeing some price depreciation as everyone is undercutting each other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I don't think undercutting is nearly as big of a problem as it was last season, especially with their new "itemization" plan to continually release new and improved gear. Just last week I looted the best legendary warrior weapon, a level 41 magmatic claymore of assault. At the time there were about 8 of them for sale in the auction and the price had dropped all the way down to 1.4m. I decided to post mine for 1.3m, and it sold a few hours later. Now a week later there are only 3 of them in the auction, all for 1.7m and above. So the price actually went back up after the others sold.

Undercutting only becomes a problem when more items are being looted than there are buyers who want to buy those items. That usually happens when the items are not much of an improvement over gear that most players currently have. The big problem last season was that for the majority of players who had level 30/31 mythic items, the level 36 legendary items were worse, not better. This season the weapons and amulets are better than those level 31 mythic items, and the armors and helms are pretty close. The next wave of items coming will probably surpass previous mythic items and hopefully we will never again see mythic items being upgraded. It really ruined the economy last season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

I reccomend coming back you might regret it if you don't

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Im pretty sure you're playing anyways, regardless of who says what

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I don't think undercutting is nearly as big of a problem as it was last season, especially with their new "itemization" plan to continually release new and improved gear. Just last week I looted the best legendary warrior weapon, a level 41 magmatic claymore of assault. At the time there were about 8 of them for sale in the auction and the price had dropped all the way down to 1.4m. I decided to post mine for 1.3m, and it sold a few hours later. Now a week later there are only 3 of them in the auction, all for 1.7m and above. So the price actually went back up after the others sold.
    You are drawing your conclusions from one of the most desirable legendary items. If you look at other pinks its not this way. I have looted a few Magmatic Claymore of Assault lvl 41 and those sell quickly because they are highly desirable.

A different example is this morning I looted a Magmatic Claymore of Will lvl 41. The lowest listed was 680k, by days end the lowest listed is 589k. So in like 8 hours the price dropped 100k. Had I listed this morning I would have had to eat the fees and not sold. I can give you many other examples where I have looted something and it hasn't sold and I need to keep relisting the item. Even though I listed way below the person with the lowest price.

So on many items there are very few buyers, and even though I listed for 3 days they end up not selling or I have to relist. Maybe this is just me but I've seen this happen to others as I watch various listings.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

If you list an item for sale and it doesn't sell, that means you mispriced that item. Remember that the auction is not a price guide, it is just what people are asking for an item. I can't even remember the last time I listed an item for 3 days and it did not sell, but it has probably been many months. You just have to know the market and judge items not on what people are asking for them but on what you think they are worth compared to other similar items. I understand that doing that successfully is not so easy for most players, but that's why some of us are merchants and others are not. If you don't want the headache of dealing with that, then sell cheap to a merchant and spend your efforts on farming the next item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Im pretty sure you're playing anyways, regardless of who says what
    LOL! You're right about that. I don't know why I want to play. I get something to do when I'm bored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drearivev
    LOL! You're right about that. I don't know why I want to play. I get something to do when I'm bored.
    Haha i knew it :P. I feel the same way sometimes

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

If you list an item for sale and it doesn't sell, that means you mispriced that item. Remember that the auction is not a price guide, it is just what people are asking for an item. I can't even remember the last time I listed an item for 3 days and it did not sell, but it has probably been many months. You just have to know the market and judge items not on what people are asking for them but on what you think they are worth compared to other similar items. I understand that doing that successfully is not so easy for most players, but that's why some of us are merchants and others are not. If you don't want the headache of dealing with that, then sell cheap to a merchant and spend your efforts on farming the next item.
    I know how the auction works and how to price things when comparing stats to similar items. The problem is most items are now into decline. And people are seriously undercutting each other. To continue to illustrate my point is lvl 41 Magmatic Claymore of Will has dropped to 400k. This is basically the 2nd best lvl 41 legendary weapon. So in the span of 24 hours, its gone down 280k. Now prices fluctuate I get that but right now people are seriously undercutting each other. This is the point and not about mispricing items. And its not just on this weapon but many other items as well. Most people still want mythics and most mythics are still perceived as better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Luck kits, time plus undesirable gears and even though there are few items listed nobody will touch them.

This wave sucked and kits just gave it the final blow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I know how the auction works and how to price things when comparing stats to similar items. The problem is most items are now into decline. And people are seriously undercutting each other. To continue to illustrate my point is lvl 41 Magmatic Claymore of Will has dropped to 400k. This is basically the 2nd best lvl 41 legendary weapon. So in the span of 24 hours, its gone down 280k. Now prices fluctuate I get that but right now people are seriously undercutting each other. This is the point and not about mispricing items. And its not just on this weapon but many other items as well. Most people still want mythics and most mythics are still perceived as better.
    If that claymore dropped so much in 24 hours, then perhaps a good move would be to buy them all up and wait a few days. There is just a surplus of them that was farmed in the past 24 hours, so this is what happens when a bunch of them get listed all at one time. Buy low and sell high. Buy when others are selling, and sell when others are buying.

It sounds like you are saying that nobody is buying. If that is the case, then the item you are discussing is way too common and not rare at all. In that case then it is way overpriced and maybe the correct price should be much lower.

This stuff is like playing the stock market. I get it that most of the players here are kids who have no idea about such things. But if you know what you are doing you can make a lot of money. This part of the game is something that exists in every free market economy.

So which one is it.... Are the elite dungeons too hard or too easy? I keep reading threads saying the dungeons are too hard. But now you are indicating a ton of these items hitting the auction at a rate faster than anyone is buying them. That would indicate the dungeons are too easy. Either that or the drop rate on legendary items is too high.

Are we back to players wanting easy dungeons with common drops that they can sell for millions? LOL That is an impossibility and defies the rules of economics.

I suggest you watch the google hangout session from last month. This new itemization plan was discussed. Yes, the developers know that the newest gear is a bit underpowered compared to the previous mythic items. It was intentional, and was a necessary evil in order to adopt this new itemization system. This will be corrected with the coming updates and next season we won't have to go through this.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 04-23-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

If that claymore dropped so much in 24 hours, then perhaps a good move would be to buy them all up and wait a few days. There is just a surplus of them that was farmed in the past 24 hours, so this is what happens when a bunch of them get listed all at one time. Buy low and sell high. Buy when others are selling, and sell when others are buying.

It sounds like you are saying that nobody is buying. If that is the case, then the item you are discussing is way too common and not rare at all. In that case then it is way overpriced and maybe the correct price should be much lower.

This stuff is like playing the stock market. I get it that most of the players here are kids who have no idea about such things. But if you know what you are doing you can make a lot of money. This part of the game is something that exists in every free market economy.

So which one is it.... Are the elite dungeons too hard or too easy? I keep reading threads saying the dungeons are too hard. But now you are indicating a ton of these items hitting the auction at a rate faster than anyone is buying them. That would indicate the dungeons are too easy. Either that or the drop rate on legendary items is too high.

Are we back to players wanting easy dungeons with common drops that they can sell for millions? LOL That is an impossibility and defies the rules of economics.

I suggest you watch the google hangout session from last month. This new itemization plan was discussed. Yes, the developers know that the newest gear is a bit underpowered compared to the previous mythic items. It was intentional, and was a necessary evil in order to adopt this new itemization system. This will be corrected with the coming updates and next season we won't have to go through this.
    The OP asked about undercutting and to counter your claim about that undercutting isn't happening, I've provided you with a counter example. Nothing that you have said disputes this despite your usual lecture on how the economy works.

And between you and me, I don't complain about hard elites. May I remind you of this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1237741

I know I'm not the most talented player by a long shot, but as I do have full mythic gear on my mage, it would be nice if I could somehow manage to complete an elite dungeon once in a while. I've probably wasted 20-30 hours the past couple of months trying to run elite dungeons, and have yet to finish one of them.
    So I don't know why you even bring up "Are we back to players wanting easy dungeons" in response to my comment. Since you are someone in the past which advocated to making dungeons easier because you couldn't handle it. I guess then it was okay to make them easier and had no economic impact when you suggested it.
    Last edited by falmear; 04-23-2014 at 11:18 PM.

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Great new content is coming. It is always a good time to start playing again!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    And between you and me, I don't complain about hard elites. May I remind you of this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1237741

So I don't know why you even bring up "Are we back to players wanting easy dungeons" in response to my comment. Since you are someone in the past which advocated to making dungeons easier because you couldn't handle it. I guess then it was okay to make them easier and had no economic impact when you suggested it.
    That was back in the early days of Nordr, and yes the elite dungeons were too hard and barely anyone was farming elites during that expansion. I think I didn't get a single elite boss AP until more than a month into the season. And STS did listen and they made the elites a bit easier and have kept it on that level since.

I'm not always pushing for harder elite dungeons. When it gets too hard I'm the first to say so. But it is really easy to tell when they are too hard or too easy. You don't have to run a single dungeon to tell. All you have to do is look in the auction and see how many elite legendary items are for sale and how expensive they are.

Kraken was also way too hard, but there was one single elite dungeon, South Seas, which was easier, so instead of complaining most players just did South Seas runs over and over and over. As a result, I'm holding the only level 26 Bloodhammer Vest of Will in existence and 1 of 4 level 26 Kraken Skewer of Brutality. I'd say that is an obvious sign that those dungeons were too hard. I think with this new expansion the difficulty is well balanced, and I also think it was in the last expansion, minus the bugs at the beginning which drove down prices.