Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: "Parking" - What it is, why its done, and is it okay - Devs Please help Clarify.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    This will have a very drastic negative affect if it isn't implemented the right way. I'll just put that out there. People that cannot plat revive will rage.

The are two ways to do it:

1. Decrease the number of mobs in the main path to equal the number (or close to) required for boss spawn.

2. Increase the number of mobs required to spawn boss to equal the number (or close to) in the main path.

When I run, its ok, I have plat to revive. When I run with people that can't plat revive, I feel bad and don't do it. Other people aren't that nice. This is going to divide the community... plat players this plat players that. Fix it right and it won't happen.

Can you imagine what it will be like in guilds when members won't run with other members because they don't have plat to revive? Or non plat players are excluded because they can't do it?
    I can imagine the nightmare Elite Oltgar would be for PUGs if devs decide to use #2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I will have to disagree. Parking is art and those awesome tanks that know it can pull it off without dying. The only "bug" here is mobs not resetting after you teleport to entrance through world map.

The ones viewing it with bias are solely people who either have small or no experience of it and naturally view it as an unfair disadvantage or the others who can't bother understanding and learning how to use parking as part of a strategy.

Like wvills said, if this is addressed before pet spamming and skill swapping there will be rage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    I will have to disagree. Parking is art and those awesome tanks that know it can pull it off without dying. The only "bug" here is mobs not resetting after you teleport to entrance through world map.

The ones viewing it with bias are solely people who either have small or no experience of it and naturally view it as an unfair disadvantage or the others who can't bother understanding and learning how to use parking as part of a strategy.

Like wvills said, if this is addressed before pet spamming and skill swapping there will be rage.
    This will likely be addressed first because it will lead to more plat revive spending.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

I actually parked on the last map in the shuyal season and only started perfecting the art for this season. It brings forth skill and learning to elites and not just best equipments. If you want to get rid of parking strategies, just have a set number of mobs that are necessary to kill and have no more in order to spawn the boss. It's no different from us killing the set number of counts and then running to the boss or killing backwards from the boss. I actually enjoy learning the parking spots while keeping count of how many trash mobs I need to kill before a boss spawns. Otherwise there wouldn't be any challenge to elites and everyone would just use firepower to grind through them equally and those with better equipments/pets would dominate.

If devs are going to change the way elites running strategies then I have only a few suggestions:

Nerf parking, but decrease the number of trash mobs down to the exact number that everyone must kill.
    Nerf pet spamming/switching, but bring Grimm's banishment and Sam's banishment/panic rate to be like on other maps.
    Nerf skill swapping, but do something about the armor/damage not stacking.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 04-24-2014 at 05:51 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Surprised that anyone would have a problem w a party running a map however they seem fit. Feel free to run elite maps however you like. I agree that parking doesn't necessarily improve times much but it will make it much more "efficient" is the word I would use...not easy. Isn't it human nature to take the path of least resistance? I want to get the most out of my lix. I also want my pt to be able to make it back to boss if they suffer a death and don't want to sink plat into revives.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eeknoh View Post
    Simple, POV and personal experience with "parking". Ive only ever seen people try to park as a method of avoiding the harder mobs and kill the easier ones. Caves of Terewa as an example, people "park" to avoid groups with shamans and snakes to kill only groups with spiders. Theres no denying some mobs are "harder" than others. Elite mobs are not all built identically...

Again pointing to POV and personal experience, I tend to run in groups that push anything to as far extreme as possible, meaning largest, craziest, grandest groups of mobs possible without being certain suicide. So if we kill 5 of these groups, then skip one(which is ran past directly, leashed,which is working within the confines of the game mechanics) to get to the boss, I dont look at these 2 things as being in any way similar.

If I look from the outside in, in terms of a general perspective, I see the points being made, and respect and understand them. I see what is trying to be compared, but the only similarity I find is a desire to finish faster.

In terms of my POV and personal experience, as I attempted to describe above, the 2 aren't comparable outside of intent
    Idk what you mean. Ive run many caves with guildies and all we do is clear the first half of the map and park it later. There is NO difference if you just clear the half map and run later aside from less danger. If you say parking is just for "avoid groups with shamans and snakes to kill only groups with spiders" I would say you are pointless here. Seriously. You mean running after killing the first half of the map isnt avoiding these big mobs? And, there are not that many spiders in cave as you thought, dont address the group of weak spiders at the end of the first path, lol, because if you do you are like saying running doesnt kill this blah blah blah.
    Just to sum it up, parking after clearing the first half of the map and running after the first half of the map is NO different (aside from less danger, of course).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sceazikua For This Useful Post:

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #47
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Ok gang, here's the deal on this issue.

It is a client related bug with the current game you all are playing on. We identified this issue some time ago and it is already fixed in the new client version that will be coming out soon.

So, yeah, it's not really intended gameplay. If you choose to do that now, ok, that's your choice. We won't ban you for exploiting it.

Just know that in the future, it will be fixed when the new client comes out.

Closing this thread up so this post is the conclusion to it. If you want to discuss the ramifications of the fix in another thread, feel free to start a new one.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post: