Thread: Current Spec: After Free Respec Testing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Get area in HoR. The point is to heal the party not yourself. HoR isn't designed to simply save potions. Agree, If you didnīt burn 300 pots in elite you didnīt tank

The taunt in Jugg is the weakest of any skill, in my experience Taunt all in 6m range 4 times in 15s, you can drink, take a snack or go pee :-). Additionally, I usually run with VB instead of jugg unless the map is a more difficult one (corridor and up), even then I skill swap a lot (so etimes kills me if I don't charge HoR properly). Even when I am using jugg, I am using it to survive. HoR, WM, and CS is more than enough to maintain aggro unless you are held up by pot spamming and being stunned. The usual argument (yes I know, Jirikjurasek) is that jugg solves both of these. However, jugg has a short duration and long cool down. Depends on angle of view: ratio between CD and skill duration is 3:1, same as VB, Therefore, I use it as more of a "mayday" button for when a pull gets out of hand. It is foolish, IMO, to use jugg as soon as it cool downs. Definitely Skill spamming is never suggested.

SS is a decent replacement for axe. On first attempts, I used SS instead of axe. However, the ahead power and versatility of axe in boss fights outweighs the regular maps and PvP advantage of SS for my purposes.

CS take a lot of practice. I have found that a good place to practice taunting specific mobs is the "companion contice" daily quest. You should also be aware that certain mobs will not be taunted unless CS is charged. These mobs should be the ones you make sure to "hug" with WM and HoR.
    Comments in bold (its really fine way how to quote, thanks Crow :-))

I hope that this threat will be in the top of warrior section and help to stop starting new one like "what is the best build for elite".

Its always very funny when I see post in general discussion: "I discover, that skill XY do "some really amazing thing". Every skills are already describe in this section, so read and enjoy :-)
    Last edited by Jirikjurasek; 05-14-2014 at 08:13 AM.