Thread: Balance Focus and Rage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lightbulb Balance Focus and Rage

So I had a big write up with lots of thoughts and statistics on the class functionalities, but rather than bore everyone, i'll simply say focus and rage should have the same mana cost. Especially since Archers are the one class with a mana regeneration skill. My archer with 2 ms rarely if ever needs to mana pot or use meditation. Archers end up being the most mana efficient class for more than just one reason, (one reason for insteance being that archers tend to only use these 3-4 skills in battle, and war/chantress tends to use 5-6), but archer mana costs should not be raised across the board. However, Focus should cost 25 mana instead of 20, or Rage should cost 20 instead of 25.

If i'm flamed enough for this thought, i'll go ahead and post the half a page of stuff i had originally drafted....

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I already suggested that archers need a skill revamp with more dps based skills and there support skills should be moved to be reasigned to the other class. I agree with u. I also think that archers should be oom'd more than wariorr's and enchantress. Just because warriors should only need skills for aggro or minor burst damage. And enchantress should be stacked with a huge mana pool and m/s rate. But it's the oppioste ATM. My enchatress had 5m/s and ooms 90 times quicker than my archer with 1 m/s and she's got like 200 more mana than him as well. idk I just think the classes need some rebalencing.
    Jovains- Enchantress(Supportress)
    Jovian- Archer

LEGENDS Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jovians View Post
    I already suggested that archers need a skill revamp with more dps based skills and there support skills should be moved to be reasigned to the other class. I agree with u. I also think that archers should be oom'd more than wariorr's and enchantress. Just because warriors should only need skills for aggro or minor burst damage. And enchantress should be stacked with a huge mana pool and m/s rate. But it's the oppioste ATM. My enchatress had 5m/s and ooms 90 times quicker than my archer with 1 m/s and she's got like 200 more mana than him as well. idk I just think the classes need some rebalencing.
    I wouldn't make any extreme changes, and i think it makes sense for Enchantresses to oom faster in some situations. You are right that the skills between archers and warriors are in many ways repetitive, but i believe that archers blinding and knock back shot do damage. using them increases your dps by giving you an extra shot in your rotation. I think you have the right idea, but its generally best not to request major changes when they aren't needed. Its all about balance, rather than swinging scales back and forth

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Right and I don't belive when pvp hits and harder content hits the balence will sway. I kno it's not good for full revamp but in pvp do u think u can stop an archer if pops evasion/med/his self heal/focus and avian scream on u at once lol. The fact that they will be close to untouchable and hav a consistant mana and health regen while stun + knockback all it takes is minor cd burns. They won't even need the burst damage. Then do most dps off of auto anyways. I solo bosses on my archer by standing still blowing cd's and letting auto attack kill em. While my thumb sits over the pot button for in case s***. I just don't think the balence is there like ppl think it is. Don't get me wrong I love my archer. But I think the benefit of the game is worth a good balencing. I guess we all will honestly see how balenced them game is when 1.2 and harder content hits. Maybe I am wrong.
    Jovains- Enchantress(Supportress)
    Jovian- Archer

LEGENDS Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm actually really curious about this page and a half of stats, etc. cause I'm a stats guy when it comes to this. Please post 'em!

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce