Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arcane maul now weaker than legend clamore.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Arcane maul now weaker than legend clamore.....

In no way should a legend weapon be stronger than arcane...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...n-warrior-gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

lol arcane weapons... I used to be a hooks user but for this very reason of Arcane weapons getting outdated without a process for continual upgrade, I put my money into an arcane pet instead. Sts did say that someday they may allow you to fuse shards to upgrade your weapons

hooks were the same price of a hammerjaw at some point, maul could someday be the same price as a glacian. Catching the trend?
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

One word: proc

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Maul and hooks was supreme once. not anymore. Maul already passed its prime. its already 1 year old.(released last year April).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

You cant expect anything to last forever. Unless you're a future-shocked caveman with no mental grasp on the fundamentals of technology.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The skill damage means that the magmatic sword will hit harder when you are using skills. However, when using auto attack, the maul will still hit harder.

Here is the balancing factor:
    • increased heal
    • increased health
    • increased auto damage
    • overpowered proc

This makes one pretty equal to each other and that's the way it's supposed to be. An arcane is only supposed to be better than the best legendary for 3 seasons. Right now, the maul is just barely better and is still the better weapon in multi target combat.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

And maul built with stone and metal. magma blade built with magma. Magma > metal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Hehe adding to this, the mythic 36 daggers blew the hooks out of the water even after they had a slight buff. One can be certain that the mythic 41 weapons will destroy the maul and it won't be close. I'm planning on buying a maul when they fall to hooks price and just keep for collections sake. One of the best looking items in the game
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The skill damage means that the magmatic sword will hit harder when you are using skills. However, when using auto attack, the maul will still hit harder.

• increased heal
    • increased health
    • increased auto damage
    • overpowered proc

This makes one pretty equal to each other and that's the way it's supposed to be. An arcane is only supposed to be better than the best legendary for 3 seasons. Right now, the maul is just barely better and is still the better weapon in multi target combat.
    3 season including the one it was released on, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Hehe adding to this, the mythic 36 daggers blew the hooks out of the water even after they had a slight buff. One can be certain that the mythic 41 weapons will destroy the maul and it won't be close. I'm planning on buying a maul when they fall to hooks price and just keep for collections sake. One of the best looking items in the game
    Lol, you're comparing a lvl 26 Arcane weapon VS a lvl 36 Mythic weapon. Obviously a lvl 36 MYTHIC will be better than an Arcane item that's 10 lvls lower than it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1608196

• increased heal
    • increased health
    • increased auto damage
    • overpowered proc

By that logic, an aimed shot with a L30 bow should hit harder than a L41 bow. The maul has 200 more damage, yet the other hits harder.

Bug? Imo yes.
    Credits to Iady

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    By that logic, an aimed shot with a L30 bow should hit harder than a L41 bow. The maul has 200 more damage, yet the other hits harder.

Bug? Imo yes.
    Uh what? I don't think you understood what I was saying.

A L30 bow would have lower skill damage than a L41 bow, so how in the world will it have a higher aimed shot? This "issue" was in PL as well if you recall. Some weapons have way high auto attack damage, but the trade off is lower skill damage.

Right now, mythic daggers have lower skill damage than an expedition bow of potency so the expedition bow actually can hit a lot harder than the mythic daggers. However, do you see me complaining? No. Why? The proc is still more useful as is the other stats.

Likewise, the maul still gives you higher strength stats, higher heal, higher auto attack damage as well as an amazing proc. The sword only hits harder on skills and most warriors only have 1-2 attack skills. So, is the sword really hitting harder? No. Is it doing more DPS? Possibly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

All I'm saying is that unless the new Mythic warrior weapon is a shield, it will be the best weapon for a level41 warrior. That glaive is already challenging enough for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1609667
    Uh what? I don't think you understood what I was saying.

A L30 bow would have lower skill damage than a L41 bow, so how in the world will it have a higher aimed shot? Thats what is happening with maul and the magmatic blade. The maul has higher stat damage than the magmatic blade but it does lower skill damage. So a CS from a maul user would be weaker than a magmatic sword user. This "issue" was in PL as well if you recall. Some weapons have way high auto attack damage, but the trade off is lower skill damage.

Right now, mythic daggers have lower skill damage than an expedition bow of potency so the expedition bow actually can hit a lot harder than the mythic daggers. However, do you see me complaining? No. Why? The proc is still more useful as is the other stats.

Likewise, the maul still gives you higher strength stats, higher heal, higher auto attack damage as well as an amazing proc. The sword only hits harder on skills and most warriors only have 1-2 attack skills. So, is the sword really hitting harder? No. Is it doing more DPS? Possibly.
    Auto attack is determined by dps.

I think you misundertood the actual issue here. The maul gives the user 200 more stat damage than the Magmatic blade. The magmatic blade has more skill damage than the maul, even though it has 200 lower stat damage. Increased stat damage -> Increased skill damage, is it not? If it is, then the Magmatic blade is glitched.

The expedition bow is doing more damage on an aimshot, as it has a HIGHER stat damage (11 dmg higher if im correct) than the mythic daggers.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

I think you misundertood the actual issue here. The maul gives the user 200 more stat damage than the Magmatic blade. The magmatic blade has more skill damage than the maul, even though it has 200 lower stat damage. Increased stat damage -> Increased skill damage, is it not? If it is, then the Magmatic blade is glitched.

The expedition bow is doing more damage on an aimshot, as it has a HIGHER stat damage (11 dmg higher if im correct) than the mythic daggers.
    Well, you are not comparing apples to apples.. The expedition bow is not the same type of wep as the mythic daggers..

Bows hit hard.. Daggers hit faster
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Auto attack is not determined by DPS. DPS is an inaccurate stat which you should not really pay any attention too. Why? It assumes the opponent has NO defense.

Increased stat damage does not mean increased skill damage. Well, it does generally but it is also more classified then that. Mauls generally will have lower skill damage then a comparable sword, which is why it gets higher attack damage.

This is something ported over from PL in all legend titles.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

IIRC, DPS stat doesn't necessarily mean explicit auto attack damage, its just an attack speed measurement.

If anything warriors are now going through what rogues went through and what mages went through when (they said, anyway) the orbital staff turned out better than Kershal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Who Cares... Just Have Fun
    Click the link to get to my new Signature Shop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ancestor View Post
    Who Cares... Just Have Fun
    To some, the weapon they use is a portion of the fun. If the maul is not as effective as they thought it was, they're not having as much fun now, are they? In order to have fun again, they'll want to pick up an effective weapon.

As of right now, IMO, it has come down to playstyle. Are you more aggressive? Pick sword. Are you more tanky? Pick maul.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    One word: proc
    This and nothing else.
    I've clashed many times against maulers....owned by proc-_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    This and nothing else.
    I've clashed many times against maulers....owned by proc-_-
    Yes, but in 1v1s, I'm more scared of that Magmatic sword than any other weapon, lol.