Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1 or 2 zones away from being the best game ever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb 1 or 2 zones away from being the best game ever!

hey devs,

First off you rule. The fact that I'm even having a conversation with you here sets you apart from basically every other game I have ever played in my whole life. Thank you for providing the means for us to easily give feedback and most importantly thank you for listening and acting upon that feedback so quickly.

So what is this game missing? Not much considering how new it is. My idea won't interfere with your roadmap, it sounds like u have a bunch of awesome new content and great system changes coming all year. Really I would just like you to consider HOW that content is released.

For me, and most people I have met, the biggest thrill in a game is being able to defeat some epic boss or zone that they couldn't do before. Think back to times when you enter a new world, everything is really hard and scary and there's no way you can survive alone. You die a couple times running around and realize that you need to become MUCH stronger to fight there. But it gives you a goal, something to reach for and is much more rewarding when you can finally hold your own there.

You kinda did it in small places in LE. Really tough placement of like 3 red crocs together or the witch. Those are hard but heck if I want to waste 30 potions I can solo the witch with my lvl 31. Thank you for those though it really was fun to figure out how to kill her.

As each new expansion comes out, please release an extra lvl or two, honestly the final level, that is wayyyy too hard to play. I know that might seem silly but hear me out. What I am saying is for example, we should barely, just now be able to kill the frost king! I mean come on he is the Frost King!everywhere else in LE could still drop lvl 30 stuff but the ridiculously tough final encounter drops awesome lvl 35 versions of existing gear. I think there are a lot of benefits to this idea.

- not everyone will run around in same armor there will always be at least two main awesome high lvl armors

- gives players a sense of accomplishment "wooooo finally took down the frost king!"

- keep people playing longer and keep coming back for a reason.

- provides an area for 'hardcore' gamers to shine. Anyone can join a group and spam dps but will take a solid balanced group where each person knows their job to pull it off.

- comparatively little coding work from you guys with a great return for us.

I'm sure there is other stuff I'm not thinking of but please consider this! Thanks again.

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I agree completley but one thing that needs to be removed .. I'm all up for insanely hard bosses which could take u weeks to finally take down but the whole one shot kill thing the bosses can do kinda needs to be nerfed cause no matter how skilled your team is they can't survive a nuke from frogmar ... Like I love how hard she is to kill but what I think is needed instead of a huge nuke Is just give the boss the ability to do huge single targed damage over a short period of time this creates a need for more skillful teams with healers and tanks as the tanks would only be able to survive for long against them

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

great feedback. We are looking into ways to have uber-difficult mobs for the hardcore amongst you while keeping the play experience sane for the rest. It is a tough balance but with your help I am sure we will get there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ya I 2nd that ^ there shud be a LEGENDARY boss like in my opinion a devil or some kind of big demon with his own minions that u gotta fight before fighting him that would be so AWSOME. This game is probably one of the best online RPGs to date and I swear u guys are the beat team of devs I've ever seen I have the uppermost respect for you and everything you do but he is so right I kno the game is still just a baby and is growing everyday but a huge part of an rpg is the sence of accomplishment aka main boss killing, don't get me wrong the lvling part is great and so will pvp but even when player vs player comes out I'm still gunna wanna do some epic boss runs I'm just saying a main epic boss which in my opinion should be a devil like creature but u dunno just consider it and try to get back to me thanks keep up the good work

Proud LEGENDS member
    Last edited by Infamous-D; 05-07-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

DRAGON infamous DRAGON !! every mmo needs a dragon !!

heres a drawin i did a while ago couldnt fit all the picture in sorry but ul get the jist of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would love to see this game have some real endgame aspects to it. Hopfully u get that going when u release the guilds update.
    Jovains- Enchantress(Supportress)
    Jovian- Archer

LEGENDS Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm liking the idea about huge single target damage spikes for the bosses. I don't mind getting nuked by a boss but a one shot nuke that kills the whole party with addition mobs running in...
    But then again these are the higher levels and we should have to be more cautious...
    Arrghhh! I'm so torn!

BTW awesome dragon!
    Syacoff - lvl 35 Archer - Alterra
    Sahdatay - lvl 35 Bowchantress - Alterra
    Thumbo - lvl 10 Bearzerker (Leaving him low on purpose. Wanna check out low lvl PvP too)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

we should be more cautious but we shouldnt be afraid of the USSR dropping a nuke on us !! I dont mind big area damage attacks but not that much damage .. maybe half health or somethin !! i no its not as easy as just sayin ok when she drops the nuke it dose have damage to everyone ! armor , dodge , and character lvl has to be taken into account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Omg!!! Beast I gotta kill it.
    Jovian- Archer

LEGENDS Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm totally in agreement with you on half damage to fully geared critters. I do have to say that the first run-thru with a pug group was an eye-opener! I think my neighbors heard me scream "WHAT!?!"
    Syacoff - lvl 35 Archer - Alterra
    Sahdatay - lvl 35 Bowchantress - Alterra
    Thumbo - lvl 10 Bearzerker (Leaving him low on purpose. Wanna check out low lvl PvP too)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

oh man i do be screamin more than just what when Frogmar DROPS THE BOMB !

(no profanity in pics)

Justg u got to admit that was pretty funny !
    Last edited by King Richie; 05-07-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lmfao!!!
    Jovian- Archer

LEGENDS Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

yeahi laughed while making that haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

For the love of anything holy, nerf the swamp bosses ability to one hit kill squads of 5. It makes me feel like I wasted my time and money if we all get one hit killed by a F'in fireball before the fight even starts.
    Esus-Archer|Glyph-Warrior|Kangol- Paladin (Enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't nerf!!!!! Don't!!! This game needs to be a challenge.
    Jovian- Archer

LEGENDS Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Dragons lol. I'd say hold off on dragons because honestly what's harder than a dragon? That should be right at the end before spacetime release pocket legends 2
    Iphone 16GB 3GS
    Character: Itcho, Warrior (Level 30) on Alterra Server
    Character: Itcha, Enchantress (Level 12) on Alterra Server
    Proud Member of the LEGENDS Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darrensmith016 View Post
    Dragons lol. I'd say hold off on dragons because honestly what's harder than a dragon? That should be right at the end before spacetime release pocket legends 2
    No Demon should be last i think .. like the devil demon !

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Dragons - will come later, I'll start figuring out a rig for wings!
    But, we are developing a series of levels that are nightmarish in nature - booster packs if you will, for the masochists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Decker View Post
    Re: Dragons - will come later, I'll start figuring out a rig for wings!
    But, we are developing a series of levels that are nightmarish in nature - booster packs if you will, for the masochists.
    Holy **** i cant belive i havent seen this post untill now .. this is such an old thread .. i luv you decker !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

1. the leveling process should scale, with later levels taking longer. the 5 levels of a release go too quickly.

2. levels within each release should be progressively harder... with the bonus level being close to impossible (complete agreement with haroldiv here)