Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Ring is Bugged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I (I have many witnesses) can easily kill a relatively skilled, arcane staff mage in a 1v1 using an Expedition Gun. Seriously, that's just sad.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

To Devs:

Shadowflare skill of Ker'Shal is USELESS. Period.

You always say about its usefulness slow, snare blah blah, guess what, how about you guys show it to the players how useful you say it is. How about you show it to us on video how to properly use it? Because maybe we don't get your point in all of these rubbish talk unless you show it to us.

How bout you do a top spec'ed (obtainable by normal players) kershal mage then duel some top spec'ed rogue and warriors in game and show them, and us, how this prized "SHADOWFLARE" of yours is useful. Or make it 5 on 5 team clash if you want to, outcome will be the same anyways.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to otb For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Default Arcane Ring is Bugged?

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    A note about the Ker'shal Scepter, there is more to the charged shadow ball effect than just raw damage which is why its damage is not super high. Combining the current effects that can go off with a successful shadow ball attack AND combining it with a mana-less large damage dealing component would make it a bit overpowered.
    From a PvE perspective, that shadow flare attack is completely and utterly useless. My advice would be to actually test it out yourself in game, instead of reading its specs off a spec sheet.

There's not a single sane sorcerer that is going to wait 2-3seconds for a weapon to charge in the middle of elite mobs pounding on them. Especially when the proc seems totally useless.
    Last edited by JaytB; 04-29-2014 at 01:59 AM.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

STS should just try to use it at PVP and PVE (new map) and let us know their findings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otb View Post
    To Devs:

You always say about its usefulness slow, snare blah blah, guess what, how about you guys show it to the players how useful you say it is. How about you show it to us on video how to properly use it? Because maybe we don't get your point in all of these rubbish talk unless you show it to us.

How bout you do a top spec'ed (obtainable by normal players) kershal mage then duel some top spec'ed rogue and warriors in game and show them, and us, how this prized "SHADOWFLARE" of yours is useful. Or make it 5 on 5 team clash if you want to, outcome will be the same anyways.
    Devs can use a tank and test with me. I go run elite with you, and all I do is cast this "awesome" shadowflare while you tank. We shall see whether you think it's OP or will you just quit the map at the end of the day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Funny this thread was derailed. But all you need to do is go back to this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1236437

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Also, it should be noted that the Maul of Ollerus has a chance to proc +60 strength. The staff is on par for arcanes in this regard. The pushback associated with the normal attack is slight, and not going to push everything across the screen. The damage from it is also pretty nice.

In regards to health, there is also the typical Int, Str, Dex, and Crit component as the base stats for the item that are not yet disclosed while we tweak them.

The reasoning behind the Shadowflare not stunning is it would be too overpowered as a free cast. The charge time to case it however is lengthy while in combat, and probably works as an in between for normal damage rotation rather than a replacement for another spell.

It is however, fun to play with
    I also recommend you read some of the comments by some well known forum people. Quite amusing seeing how wrong they were.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Funny this thread was derailed. But all you need to do is go back to this thread:

I also recommend you read some of the comments by some well known forum people. Quite amusing seeing how wrong they were.
    Ehm, I'm sorry Parf.

Carapace did mention that the staff is 'on par' for arcanes. Both items receive the +60 base stat, but the Maul of Ollerus also reduces target armor and has an AoE stun. What does Kershal have other than it's base stat proc? A whopping +10 mana regen. Is the proc between these two items even comparable at all? Tbh, it really wouldn't matter to me if you guys took away this Shadowflare spell. I'd rather have a staff that I can actually use its charged attack, than not being able to use it at all. Besides, how is the proc fun to play with, when it only happens 10% of the time (experimentally, not theoretically)? If a sorcerer did not use any spells other than Shadowflare, it would take at least 20 seconds before Shadowflare's effect would activate. Guess what? Either my team would've won already, or I would've been dead 10 seconds ago. How fun is that? If you're not going to make any changes to Shadowflare, at least take it out. You'd be doing the whole mage community (the ones with the staff) a big favor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otb View Post
    To Devs:

We are riding a dead horse. There are basic difference versus in game experience of the players and developers fiction about the shadowflare. They think that reduce cast time will be overpowered, but in reality even if charging time is 1 sec, why would anyone want to charge something for less damage when can do faster and more damage with the regular attack? So this conversation is pointless, there is no solution for the shadowflare, just leave it as it is and never use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I did some test for those who have no kershal and have no clue what this shadowflare is.

This is elite brackenridge forest the first mob, only used charged regular attack with arcane staff, i took the screenshot after the mob died:

Now remap and same mob, this time I used lvl1 promocode weapon and same, only charged regular attack:

Check the timer, very interesting :0

Damage difference between the 2 weapon:

"mana-less large damage dealing component" muhahaha
    Last edited by Haligali; 04-29-2014 at 05:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I use shadow flare a lot and it is useful!

farming bracken ridge its just enough to kill the mobs and use no mana! that saves me literally 10s of g a run! now only 3,999,729 runs left till I break even

Sorry off topic, Arcane ring 2% mana you say oooh I can see that saving me even more gold in mana pots!!!

still off topic, errr what Zeus said!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post

That post was many months ago. I believe you posted at one point that the kershal scepter was quite powerful at the time, did you not? However, in light of new weapons, crafting system, increase in damage and health it is now an inadequate weapon that does not really pose a threat against warriors.
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-29-2014 at 12:17 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    That post was many months ago. I believe you posted at one point that the kershal scepter was quite powerful at the time, did you not? However, in light of new weapons, crafting system, increase in damage and health it is now an inadequate weapon that does not really pose a threat against warriors.
    I don't know what you are referring to but feel free to link to anything I said. But I always stated the charged attack was garbage. Where as based on your testing, you said it made a mage a tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Well.. 1st of all applaud the devs for coming out with great Arcane items through their Hard Work...
    What I have seen from so many posts overtime about the arcane items introduced and Mage community cries ( m a mage though) is that there is some class balance thingy the devs want to maintain.. Making any item too much OP will disturb the balance of classes..
    Yep there are some contents in skills and stats that were good at lvl 16 season 1 .. however now at lvl 41 they were overlooked... and focus was made on items only as seasons passed... which maybe the reason for so many posts from Mage community. ..
    I think devs should check and revamp some skill content for lvl 41 for all classes... cos only a few playing people are on forums and many things go un noticed as our tendency is to see who what content complaints are the most on forums...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

a perfect maul is stronger than a perfect kershal.

Yet a maul is so much cheaper than a kershal.

There is something wrong here.

Robhawk

Its so easy:

Sell your kerhsal and make a warrior... You can trade kershal for full myth warrior + arcane maul! Then you go on the battlefield and destroy all those little smurfs. ;-]

My myth warrior with claymore kills nearly every mage regardless of gear. if you dont make a big mistake as warrior and your timing is good, the mage will be dead! When the mage`s shield is down and he heals himself you know the fight will be over in the next 3 seconds!
    So if i use my HOR and the smurf uses his heal at the same time -> my warrior heals to full health 6,1k while the mage heals to 2,5k / 4k... well who gonna win and gonna lose? Its to obvious... Most 1vs mages is over while juggernaut is still activ, that means in less than 15 seconds!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 04-30-2014 at 03:32 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Yea , am thinking of doing exactly what you suggest

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Its so easy:

Sell your kerhsal and make a warrior... You can trade kershal for full myth warrior + arcane maul! Then you go on the battlefield and destroy all those little smurfs. ;-]

My myth warrior with claymore kills nearly every mage regardless of gear. if you dont make a big mistake as warrior and your timing is good, the mage will be dead! When the mage`s shield is down and he heals himself you know the fight will be over in the next 3 seconds!
    So if i use my HOR and the smurf uses his heal at the same time -> my warrior heals to full health 6,1k while the mage heals to 2,5k / 4k... well who gonna win and gonna lose? Its to obvious... Most 1vs mages is over while juggernaut is still activ, that means in less than 15 seconds!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

The sole reason one would use the kershal in previous seasons was for sheer extra damage. Price-damage wise, the expedition guns are now a far far better choice.

Obviously whoever designed the shadowflare spell did not calculate the realistic PvP time factor where even half a second matters. Is anyone going to charge for 500 damage and 1/8 chance to proc a short crit-movement debuff when he can deal up to five-six times that damage in the same time? Hell no.

On topic, the mana return proc is just for flavor and the rest statistics of the ring justify its arcane status just fine already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

I also thought of making a warrior today..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Every time i enter a pvp room, random warriors bully me, pvp should be fun for every class.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Every time i enter a pvp room, random warriors bully me, pvp should be fun for every class.
    For every class, except the mages. ;-]