Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Ring is Bugged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Arcane Ring is Bugged?

So, I was doing some testing and it has come to my attention that the arcane ring might be bugged?

Here's what I noticed:
    • proc is about as rare as a weapon proc which is a bit lame for a proc that only returns 2% mana
    • when it procs, your right hand turns into a baby blue fireball
    • proc does not work for auto attack, only for skills
    • proc will only activate after the skill has hit a target and causes some damage

Is there a bug in the way it works? The current way is a bit lame. :/
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    So, I was doing some testing and it has come to my attention that the arcane ring might be bugged?

Here's what I noticed:
    • proc is about as rare as a weapon proc which is a bit lame for a proc that only returns 2% mana
    • proc will only activate after the skill has hit a target and causes some damage

For the longest time I never seen my ring proc
    Till two days ago I notice my hand turn blue XD

Instead of just hand turning blue could the arcane circle turn blue also?

But as Zeus says u actually have to do some DMG for it to even have a chance to proc.(skills only)
    I would like to see the rings also proc with normal attack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    For the longest time I never seen my ring proc
    Till two days ago I notice my hand turn blue XD

Instead of just hand turning blue could the arcane circle turn blue also?

But as Zeus says u actually have to do some DMG for it to even have a chance to proc.(skills only)
    I would like to see the rings also proc with normal attack.
    Proc being pretty noticeable would be great, it's arcane but the proc is tinier than tinkerbell, lol...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

What this ring proc? I never heard it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

No, no one cares about arcane rings. PLEASE FIX KERSHAL SCEPTERS. Takes 5 seconds to charge, charged auto attack deals LESS damage than a non-charged auto attack, gives 10 mana regen on proc (seriously? 10 mana regen? Do you even know how much mana we have?), etc, etc. It's sad that the current best mage weapon lacks on so many different levels.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mucsi View Post
    What this ring proc? I never heard it...
    Chance to return 2% mana on attack

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Here's what I noticed:

Does the proc return 2% of total mana or 2% of the mana used on a skill? Could be why it only procs on a skill, as it needs something to return mana from? How much mana does it return?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Lightbulb Parth is right...

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    No, no one cares about arcane rings. PLEASE FIX KERSHAL SCEPTERS. Takes 5 seconds to charge, charged auto attack deals LESS damage than a non-charged auto attack, gives 10 mana regen on proc (seriously? 10 mana regen? Do you even know how much mana we have?), etc, etc. It's sad that the current best mage weapon lacks on so many different levels.
    At least you can sell the staff for something... have you seen the HOOKS o.O! Rogue arcane is in need of serious fixing for lvl 41.

Also Parth is right... the proc is a joke. I never even noticed it.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Does the proc return 2% of total mana or 2% of the mana used on a skill? Could be why it only procs on a skill, as it needs something to return mana from? How much mana does it return?
    The description says 2% mana return on attack. The last time I checked, auto attack was a form of an attack as well. Also, the proc is so rare, that it is nearly useless if it only returns mana on a skill.

I understand that developers do not what self mana generation, but the proc is rare as a kershal scepter's or arcane maul's proc, so how are we going to rely on it for mana? As of right now, you may as well just remove the proc, as it procs about 1 in every 20 skills (which by then, mana bar is empty anyways).

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

This is not currently a bug, as any form of damage will have a chance to proc the ability. Skills, normal attacks, charged attacks are all valid forms of attacking to proc this ability, and appears to be working as intended.

A note about the Ker'shal Scepter, there is more to the charged shadow ball effect than just raw damage which is why its damage is not super high. Combining the current effects that can go off with a successful shadow ball attack AND combining it with a mana-less large damage dealing component would make it a bit overpowered.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post

A note about the Ker'shal Scepter, there is more to the charged shadow ball effect than just raw damage which is why its damage is not super high. Combining the current effects that can go off with a successful shadow ball attack AND combining it with a mana-less large damage dealing component would make it a bit overpowered.
    Lol mages overpowered? They can't kill a warrior with mythic even when maxed out with arcane I think they need to be overpowered hehe.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samdegreat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

But it is ARCANE. It should be overpowered. By effects of it, you mean snare and slow? No they are not overpowered because Ive witnessed even snared people when hit by charged windmill can still kite around and run away, that 5 sec slow is not enough. If you could pls change it to something interesting, like pull all affected enemies or high chance to push proc, it would be much cooler.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    At least you can sell the staff for something... have you seen the HOOKS o.O! Rogue arcane is in need of serious fixing for lvl 41.

Ah, but you see, hooks are outdated from last season.

With a successful attack? Tbh, it shouldn't even be considered a skill. Of all the Kershal mages I know, none of them actually take the time to charge the staff because it's absolutely useless. If you think a mana-less skill is so OP, you're wrong sir. Even if the shadow ball attack consumed mana, it really wouldn't make a difference. Please try to experiment this and you will realize how ineffective this is. It is supposed to be arcane for a reason, +10 mana regen is close to nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

This is not currently a bug, as any form of damage will have a chance to proc the ability. Skills, normal attacks, charged attacks are all valid forms of attacking to proc this ability, and appears to be working as intended.

Sorry Cara, but i need to agree. Proc from Kershal, and from Ring seems to be L A M E, especially when those items are arcane. Apart,
    There was discuss why maul still is better than claymore, CAUSE OF PROC. Right? So why You are making such lawlness again to Mages, and to users of the most precious item in this game?

Arcane ring to rule them all! Not they all to rule arcane ring...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadroth For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

If you are a rogue who looking for some arcane equipment, then you should buy a ring. You will be a op killer in pvp with a few k gold bow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The thing is, Cara, I have yet to see a mage ever run out of mana. In fact, I think that they need more damage & the staff should be a way to provide it.

Secondly, are you sure normal attacks will proc the ability? I have yet to ever see it happen. In any case, the proc is so rare that it's a bit useless. It's like not even having a proc, honestly. Have y'all considered changing it to be slightly less rare. I'm not saying at the rate where you can refill mana bar with it, but I am suggesting a rate where you can consider dropping some int in a build because the ring procs just enough to allow for the lower mana levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

The thing is, Cara, I have yet to see a mage ever run out of mana. In fact, I think that they need more damage & the staff should be a way to provide it.
    Coming from a rogue's perspective...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

*cough* Maul proc *cough*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Don't want hooks? I'll gladly take em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

I have sold my kershal .. and using mythic staff instead cheaper and cheerful less lame charge skill and normal process on attack is not that great ..