Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rogue's " Aimed shot " & Mage's " Lightning strike "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

There is really no point to this suggestion. All you are basically saying is that you want it to be easier. Easier means the loot is going to be less expensive, and since your suggestion involves making all dungeons easier, all legendary loot would becomes less expensive, meaning you would have to farm more to earn the same money. So in the end everything would be equal when it comes to PvE. You would clear mobs faster, finish dungeons faster, loot more legendary items, and they would all be worth less. And a most likely result of making rogues and mages more powerful would be that they would increase the difficulty of the dungeons to balance it out. So in the end you would be back where you started. I don't get the point of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    There is really no point to this suggestion. All you are basically saying is that you want it to be easier. Easier means the loot is going to be less expensive, and since your suggestion involves making all dungeons easier, all legendary loot would becomes less expensive, meaning you would have to farm more to earn the same money. So in the end everything would be equal when it comes to PvE. You would clear mobs faster, finish dungeons faster, loot more legendary items, and they would all be worth less. And a most likely result of making rogues and mages more powerful would be that they would increase the difficulty of the dungeons to balance it out. So in the end you would be back where you started. I don't get the point of that.
    tiny logic, fear it
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

i love this idea! i think my aimed shots should hit 5 targets instead of 1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I think electrical discharge should be re-worked. For electrical discharge you have to kill something with lightning to even roll at a change to get this happen. Only but the easiest maps does this happen. So its only useful as a tomb or non-elite maps. Decrease the change percentage but make the chance of happening each time you use lightning. This would make it more useful in elite. Still would keep it useless as a PvP skill.
    Last edited by falmear; 04-28-2014 at 02:55 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Aimed Shot shall henceforth be renamed to Aimed at Everyone Shot. Awesome. Make it so. /Picard

Kidding aside, the mage player in me likes Falmear's idea. As it currently is, Electrical Discharge really bites. Heck, all of the "chance on kill" skill upgrades bite. I hope they're addressed at the future skill revamp.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Lightning does in fact have a chance to hit multiple mobs in pve.I have seen this happen as my main is a mage.it hits every mob on the screen but its rare.IMO I would like that to be how lightning hits every time.but only in pve.I think it would be too op in PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    Lightning does in fact have a chance to hit multiple mobs in pve.I have seen this happen as my main is a mage.it hits every mob on the screen but its rare.IMO I would like that to be how lightning hits every time.but only in pve.I think it would be too op in PvP.
    Yep agree.
    But BAH, Aimed Shot to multiply targets? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA, omg I laughed alot... O P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaith View Post
    Hello !
    Well , I was checking out PvE builds for both Mages & Rogues and I remarked something .. It was just an idea jumped into my mind , and it was the following :" Rogue's aimed shot is considered as one of the most important skills for either PvE or PvP build for a rogue , however aimed hits only 1 target whereas Nox hits multiple targets in a charged attack ; so what I was thinking is to make Aimed shot hit Mutiple targets in a charged attack and this way Rogue " PvE " build that envolves Aimed will be more useful ..... ( thoughts )
    Speaking about Mage's Lightng strike , I guess it's the only skill that does the most damage in the whole Mages skills , but it only attacks 1 targets and it has got 15% chance with normal attack and 25% chance with charged one to explode and hit multiple targets ; so what about making lighting hitting multiple targets 100% in a charged attack , this way mages will do more damage ( + fire ball ) and they will be able to rid of Ice bolt wich is only used to stun Mobs .... ( thoughts )
    Hope I will find SOME CONCTRUCTIVE thoughts below and thank you

If they made aimed shot hit multiple characters, they would need to nerf its damage to account for that and keep the game in balance. This does not work, as we already have that exact skill. It is called Shadow Storm Shot, and is one of the 2 most useless skills in the game.

The same applies to lightning. Mages have 2 AOE skills - why make lightning into just another one?

PS: @ Zeusblade: not everything revolves around pvp.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.