Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gold sink and the solution- Myth or Reality?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

what if it is trading between things? how this 'tax' thing should work?

idk, but for me potions consumption already too much for me, so no need for another 'gold sink' which can effect everyone...

anyway, removal of 50k gold from locked successfully reduced the flow from wealthy ones to normal players, thank you for anyone who's suggesting this...

well for me suitable gold sinks should be vanities, more vanities, and/or more character visual customization. it will be a fair gold sink for everyone.

thank you
    Last edited by extrapayah; 05-02-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    what if it is trading between things? how this 'tax' thing should work?
    1) Lets say you trade 2 locked crates for 1 kettle egg. Then there is no fee added because no gold was traded
    2) Lets say you trade 1 hammerjaw + 1m gold for 1 glacian. The fee is calculated on 1m gold.
    3) Lets say you trade 80m gold for 1 arcane shard. The fee is calculated on 80m gold.

So as you can see any gold you add to the trade window gets a fee applied to it. Could be the same as the fee in CS or some other fee. Also these are just examples and by no means accurate in terms of value. People do person to person trades because they are avoiding the fees in CS which is a gold sink and even though its "advertising" so is standing around saying you have something for sale or posting in forums.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

What I'd like is a fiery vanity that leaves small flames behind you as you walk (obviously disappearing after a second or so), like the magmatic weapons do for smoke. This would be sold by an NPC. It would cost 20 million and requires 5 elite golden dragonscale chests to craft. Untradeable. So the rich dudes get to look good; this would also encourage farming. Just an idea!

Another thing I'd like is a battle arena for guilds. It should have 3 different types - Duel, Death Match and Capture the Flag. In it, guildmates can train against each other; guild contests (like the one about to be held by EOS) can be held here, and maybe even a guild can be invited to join - though this might be too complicated. The arena would cost, say, 10m - NO PLAT PLEASE - and can be contributed by all members so the guild master doesn't need to spend it all.The money collection could be made like a collective guild stash.

The gold sink opportunity also provides vast opportunities for guild improvement. We could purchase guild mailboxes, where you can send mails to anyone in the guild who's offline, a guild message board where officers and the GM can post messages for the guild, more guild themes available for purchase with gold, and the list goes on...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

%99 selling my items in auc but still not agree with trade gold sink, also not agreeing lover than 500 k will be help scammers... as allways scammer can scamm nothing changeing.. just a warn on opening screen if players still trusting its theys problem...

new vanitys, new pets " or plat sale achivement needed pets " can be sale with gold some weekends.... jaw like 600 k right now, i think sts can do a pet like that and sell it 250 plat at another a npc can sell it to 1 mil gold " untradedable "... 1 arcane egg sell it to 5 mil, a great looks vanity sell it to 20 mil.. rich ppls need silk and they will buy this vanitys pets..

New Arena Enter worth 5 k gold... ( small step for the sink and its will worth to waste 5 k every run "

guild hall stuffs cute or cool looks things in guild hall for decorate " pls only sell it with gold or make a new type chest and open cost 10 k .. this chest can giwe decorate items and new rare pets "

guild hall boss, sell summon ticket 50k in store...every summon cost 50 k and if 1 have ticket, other team members dont need buy ticket... and this boss can drop a pet only way to earn farm this boss...

make a mythic ring for 1 season upgradedable to lvl 46, when there a new cap upgrade it with 5-10 mil + quest... also sell this ring for 5-10 mil at lvl 41... dont do it on every mythic, only 1 item enought for it each season ( right now there a 41 arcane ring thats why i said mythic ring this season ) mythics cant upgradedable lvl now and there still dont have a new mythic, if sts going to add a new mythic item cant upgrade to 46 <<< avarage players will try wait new season items because season geting old and still not a new item for they...

example if new lvl 41 mythic arm helmet comes weeks later, first rich ppls will buy it for 30-40+ mil, and near season end avarage players can buy it but i think they will not waste 20+ mil for a nearly end season item, probably they will wait new season mythics and hope to new items on begining of season... i think more player mind will be like this " my old items enought, better save gold and wait new season items because season will over soon and i earn that 20+ mil in 6-8 month... better dont waste it now " but its upgradedable with 5+ mil, they will buy it than on upgrade a great gold sink..

guild pvp ctf <<< sell a unlocker cost 100 k..

if this game need a gold sink and if StS accepting it, they should do samething new for only gold " not plat " and there so many way to do a gold sink...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Don't tax trades. STS is a game company, not the government lol. I play this game to do something I can't irl. If we start getting taxed on our trades it's too much like the government taxing me lol. It's one thing in life that truly sucks. Don't do this STS. Just don't.

Also, this is a horrible way to treat anyone without gold. A gold sink needs to focus solely on the wealthy. This targets all players. Also, it should add some value to their game play to make people happy. Just grabbing your gold from you when you trade will leave a bitter taste in everyone's mouth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

and want to add, if sts dont have time for new design for gold sink, just sell baby singe / baby samael... drop statu wery little and drop the original pet size... and sell it on store to 5 mil...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    Don't tax trades. STS is a game company, not the government lol. I play this game to do something I can't irl. If we start getting taxed on our trades it's too much like the government taxing me lol. It's one thing in life that truly sucks. Don't do this STS. Just don't.

Also, this is a horrible way to treat anyone without gold. A gold sink needs to focus solely on the wealthy. This targets all players. Also, it should add some value to their game play to make people happy. Just grabbing your gold from you when you trade will leave a bitter taste in everyone's mouth.
    I'm sure the towns in Arlor need money for upkeep of the roads, portals, etc. Who do you think keeps the beach in Paradise Pier from eroding? Who oils the cannons in Kraag? Who cleans up the trash? Who cleans the blood off the floor of the Gladiator Arena?

I'm sure the towns in the world of Arlor need tax revenue just like any other place! :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

give me ur extra gold if u need gold sinks.
    plz sirs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm sure the towns in Arlor need money for upkeep of the roads, portals, etc. Who do you think keeps the beach in Paradise Pier from eroding? Who oils the cannons in Kraag? Who cleans up the trash? Who cleans the blood off the floor of the Gladiator Arena?

I'm sure the towns in the world of Arlor need tax revenue just like any other place! :P
    The npcs have to pony money up to their overlords. I can only assume they own property which must be taxed. Some sell goods that should be taxed. Some should be taxed for allowing them to blurt out random sayings. Tax the npcs I say!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    Money has to be removed from the wallets of the whales. This won't affect the mega whales who control the vast economy of the game.. :|

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    You mean like welfare? No thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post

There is no possible way to just affect one source (wealthy) not fair and just plain bad idea, it has to be something that will affect everyone equally. Plus whatever is done is gonna have another group crying. So with that being said if you cant keep up with the richer folks get over it and find other aspects 9f this game you enjoy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    There is no possible way to just affect one source (wealthy) not fair and just plain bad idea, it has to be something that will affect everyone equally. Plus whatever is done is gonna have another group crying. So with that being said if you cant keep up with the richer folks get over it and find other aspects 9f this game you enjoy.
    Wrong. All you have to do is sell something from an NPC for gold. Have it be a very expensive item, like a mythic item. Perhaps the next mythic amulet or something like that. It will be a luxury item that only the rich players will wish to buy, and so it will NOT be a tax, but instead will just be a way to cause some money from the wealthy players to leave the game in return for an item that they want to have. It will be an optional purchase, so nobody will need to be upset.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Add a purchasable item that wealthy players want to buy. There you have it, gold sink that makes people happy. Only affects those with money. Win all around. To be completely truthful I don't care if a gold sink is added or not. I know that lots of players would like to see one though. My comments are just an attempt to have it implemented in a proper manner. I don't want to see something come into the game that will discourage players. I think its a great game and want to see it thrive.

Also I enjoy the game greatly. Its a solid mmo that keeps me entertained. I can hold my own in pve which is what I like to do. Nothing for me to get over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Wrong. All you have to do is sell something from an NPC for gold. Have it be a very expensive item, like a mythic item. Perhaps the next mythic amulet or something like that. It will be a luxury item that only the rich players will wish to buy, and so it will NOT be a tax, but instead will just be a way to cause some money from the wealthy players to leave the game in return for an item that they want to have. It will be an optional purchase, so nobody will need to be upset.
    And you guys think this would make everyone happy? Lol it would just cause more of an uproar. "See sts favors its big spenders blah blah blah" "why not make it farmable blah blah blah" cmon guys try again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Make sure youre completly right before telling me im wrong, thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

And you guys think this would make everyone happy? Lol it would just cause more of an uproar. "See sts favors its big spenders blah blah blah" "why not make it farmable blah blah blah" cmon guys try again
    You realise he said "gold" and not "plat" right?
    The whole farming thing is pointless to fight against STS.... Farm the money to buy the item, boom.
    Everyone is happy and no plat spent, so no favoring people.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dill1sHere For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

My idea, it maybe be wrong as well, I know it got out of hand in pl but 2x elixirs for decent amount of gold, but offering exclusive items to the rich? No. Just no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dill1sHere View Post
    You realise he said "gold" and not "plat" right?
    The whole farming thing is pointless to fight against STS.... Farm the money to buy the item, boom.
    Everyone is happy and no plat spent, so no favoring people.
    Yes I know. But 95% of the rich, are big spenders of plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

If STS want gold sink, add Value Added Tax for every upgraded goods and services (stash, etc), Income Tax, Luxury Goods Tax.... =))
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yes, people will complain. But these are the same people who just do not use their brain...

It really does not matter which items you can farm for and which you cannot. Most of the time, farming for a specific item is a dumb and inefficient approach to playing the game. The SMART thing to do is to farm for what is worth the most gold, then sell the loot you get, and buy the items you want. So it does not really matter which items you can farm for and which you cannot. It places no limitations on anyone. The important thing is that there are items you can farm for that are valuable.

So the time to complain is when there is nothing good to farm for. Right now there are items you can farm for that sell for 1m+, and if you count the items that come in Elite Golden Chests (which can also be farmed for), then the most expensive items in the game can be farmed for. So that is all you need.