Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teaser and New Skills!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    Sounds Best!
    That should give mages a well deserved boost. As is you get that one shot heal and then you wait for shield to cool down (PvP). It also may keep you squishies alive longer in elite. An armor debuff skill would also be a god sent for the mage class since you are the only class without one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

@ Crow - I first read "debuff" as "dispell", so that's why my suggestions were a bit askew. But I'll keep the idea train rolling..

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    the only debuff skill we have is axe, WM too if snare is counted.
    CS also enfeebles, and at a very quick rate.

=Crowsfoot;1653220]-Jugg doesn't need a buff.
    -RC sucks, I'd rather not preform surgery on a rotting corpse.
    -I like the idea of adding rare procs into passive. A penalty system against mobs for taking or dealing damage.
    Like I said, thought you had typed "dispell". RC sucks, yes; if we're going to ask for more variety in the warrior skill trees, I'd rather not have the "rotting corpse" take up space where useful skills could be added. So either revamp it or get rid of it. Passive procs is my primary suggestion here, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    SS is great, but it doesn't taunt.
    Agreed, which is why I want I think passive procs would be great to have in our skill trees. For the tanks, taunt proc (chance to taunt after ANY attack). For the damage/PvP enthusiasts, a self +dmg proc. For all types of warriors, an AE -dmg debuff proc.
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    @ Crow - I first read "debuff" as "dispell", so that's why my suggestions were a bit askew. But I'll keep the idea train rolling..

Ahh, and here I thought you had gone crazy.

CS also enfeebles, and at a very quick rate.

Yes, I missed CS. However, CS isn't area based as I suggested a new debuff skill should be.

Like I said, thought you had typed "dispell". RC sucks, yes; if we're going to ask for more variety in the warrior skill trees, I'd rather not have the "rotting corpse" take up space where useful skills could be added. So either revamp it or get rid of it. Passive procs is my primary suggestion here, however.

I like passive procs. We wpuld have to bE carefu with them becoming OP and worth it at all. They would be high points sinks to unlock.

Agreed, which is why I want I think passive procs would be great to have in our skill trees. For the tanks, taunt proc (chance to taunt after ANY attack). For the damage/PvP enthusiasts, a self +dmg proc. For all types of warriors, an AE -dmg debuff proc.

I like the passive idea, but it would be difficult to implement. So, for the sake of argument (scholarly not confrontational), let's brainstorm some possible skills with area stun. I beleieve a fewmonths back I posted a listof six hypthetical new skills (two per class. One attack skill and one support skill each). I had suggested, for warriors, a skill similar to Inan'hesh's horn attack which would stun mobs in range. I don't recall exactly, but I believe my suggested upgrades for such a skill were 1) duration 2) area 3) also debuff armor 4) debuff damage. The "Call of Misery" or whatever you want to call it would be an anti-RC of sorts. The stun alone makes me want it as a "mayday" button. Assuming we will be able to map 5-6 skills at a time (and that skill was actually effective) it would be worth it, to me, to unlock it.
    Lol at the quoting fail, you are generally perfect even with complex quotation.

Moving on to addressing real issues, response in bold.