Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Discussion - Should Guild Age Be A Guild Rank Criteria?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    lets do some math

4. Deviant Misfits (+1) AVG: 6.6 (27) 3559650 ( 2) 59.7 ( 4) 94183.8 ( 5) 1.6 ( 5) 642.1 ( 3) 1.6 ( 4) 2362.6 ( 7) -3.9 ( 4) 376.9 ( 4) 389.2

--->>>> ACTIVITY ( 8) 44.3 ( 6) 55.7 ( 6) 65.7 ( 7) 72.0 ( 7) 78.3

lets fix activity.. say we do spring cleaning..
    from activity 8,6,6,7,7
    to 3,3,3,3,3

new avg: 5.1 (ROUGHLY u get my point)
    i think "lowered ranked in everything else" is a little bit harsh , you have your point

Newer guilds like resilience "free bump" by 5 stats ..on activity because theyre new..
    comparing to others while guild age is only ONE

and based on our experience, dm being number 1 for months before... rank #1 did not attract a lot of people but noobs joining #1 guilds which
    we gladly rejected or eventually left.. the statistics doesnt attract people.. the RANK attracts noobs.
    DM has not one #1 position, yet they are able to get to #1 solely due to this guild rank position. I understand that DM was number 1 for many months before, but with competition, it is not now.

Resilience is not actually a new guild but a merger of two guilds. Does that mean that a person who wants to be in the guild rank leaderboards has to suffer or find an older ranking guild name? That's a bit ridiculous.

This is not a statistic, but it is an immovable setback to every guild that does not benefit from it. If it was not an immovable setback, I would not complain as it promotes competition. So, I suggest that H2N should find a better statistic that guilds can compete in that does not have longevity as a factor.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    As I stated before in post #4, it will be the only way to compete in that statistic.
    i deleted the other comment u made because it sounded like youre so focus about your guild rank rather than the whole picture..
    anyways AS YOU stated.. #4 Guild age rank "will be the only way" to compete in statistics .. okay so theres only one problem out of 16 with your guild..

DM got 94% problems but 6% aint one..
    Last edited by inkredible; 05-01-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

i deleted the other comment u made because it sounded like youre so focus about your guild rank rather than the whole picture..
    anyways AS YOU stated.. #4 Guild age rank "will be the only way" to compete in statistics .. okay so theres only one problem out of 16 with your guild..

i got 99 problems but 6% aint one..
    That one problem causes us to lose 3 ranks although we are #1 in nearly every other category. Also, it is not a problem with any real solution other than the one that I mentioned. How in the world does it make sense for a guild to be #1 just because they are older?

If you take a look at the percent active of your guild on a daily basis, it's around 40%. So, just because a guild is "older", they should be #1? Even if the population base is inactive? That makes no sense in my book.

DM may have 94% problems (as you say, not me), but that 6% category isn't one because in theory, it would make you #1 for a long time.
    Last edited by Zeus; 05-01-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

That one problem causes us to lose 3 ranks although we are #1 in nearly every other category. Also, it is not a problem with any real solution other than the one that I mentioned. How in the world does it make sense for a guild to be #1 just because they are older?

If you take a look at the percent active of your guild on a daily basis, it's around 40%. So, just because a guild is "older", they should be #1? That makes no sense in my book.
    sorry i edited my post you should reread it , i thought it was better 94% chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

If you take a look at the percent active of your guild on a daily basis, it's around 40%. So, just because a guild is "older", they should be #1? That makes no sense in my book.
    u got 94% chance to boost up ur rank and youre disagreeing with the 6% .. its not just because my guild is older.. theres other 15 stat factor affecting DM's Guild rank that made it that way.. because if GUILD AGE is the only factor well hell... we would be rank 50

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

u got 94% chance to boost up ur rank and youre disagreeing with the 6% .. its not just because my guild is older.. theres other 15 stat factor affecting DM's Guild rank that made it that way.. because if GUILD AGE is the only factor well hell... we would be rank 50
    Ink, how do we boost up our other ranks when we're rank #1-2 in 12 of the 15 categories? 7 of the 12 are rank 1. Yet DM, who has not a single rank in #1 is able to become #1 because they're the oldest.

I get the whole "paying respect to your elders" concept, but that doesn't mean you let them think they're still in their prime when they're really not...
    Last edited by Zeus; 05-01-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Ink, how do we boost up our other ranks when we're rank #1-2 in 12 of the 15 categories? 7 of the 12 are rank 1. Yet DM, who has not a single rank in #1 is able to become #1 because they're the oldest.

I get the whole "paying respect to your elders" concept, but that doesn't mean you let them think they're still in their prime when they're really not...
    youre a new guild, you boost up ur rank in 5 categories easily with that merge, thats the advantage of newer guilds, and the only advantage really of an older guild is that one 6%
    while the newer guilds got 31% chance of boosting their rank bec of activity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

here some good math since ur so focused about ur guild rank

taking out activity ranks.

Achievement Points PvE K/D PvE Kills / Member TDM K/D TDM Kills / Member CTF K/D CTF Kills / Member CTF C/D CTF Captures / Member AvgAccount Age (d)

resi

(39) 3176550 ( 1) 60.2 ( 1) 120464.2 ( 2) 1.7 ( 2) 1544.0 ( 1) 1.7 ( 1) 4892.1 ( 4) -3.0 ( 2) 985.1 (15) 357.4

= total of 68
    AVG RANK 6.8

DM:

(27) 3559650 ( 2) 59.7 ( 4) 94183.8 ( 5) 1.6 ( 5) 642.1 ( 3) 1.6 ( 4) 2362.6 ( 7) -3.9 ( 4) 376.9 ( 4) 389.2
    = total of 65

AVG rank: 6.5

now do you see the advantage of newer guilds?

if you look at ur kdrs

RESI: 1.7, 1.7
    DM: 1.6, 1.6 - a difference of .1 in stats lowered DM by 4 ranks

CTF FLAG
    RESI: 3.0
    DM: 3.9

difference of .9

PVE KDR
    RESI: 60.2
    DM : 59.7

difference of .5

were actually not that much far from you guys as you make it seem to be
    Last edited by inkredible; 05-01-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Any smart person would say that sustaining a guild for over a year and 3 months as a top guild for the entire time is not "free". There was an extremely long period of time in which DM wouldve been number 1 if total AP wasnt a factor. I also did the math. DM wouldve been untouchable for the weeks this happened in. Small, elite guilds are NOT meant to be on top of guild list. It just doesnt work. Its all the old, lasting, and family type guilds.

Also newer guilds have activity advantage. Sorry that we cant force all our old elitist players to log in everyday.

And Zeus, DM had a streak of 5+ weeks where we were #1 in every pvp category, yet EOS would take number 1 cuz of AP. Where were the complaints then?

What goes around comes around.

We also didnt have to merge and reform once a month like all of the newer guilds(not just yours)
    Support Guild Age
    Last edited by Azepeiete; 05-01-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Azepeiete For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azepeiete View Post
    Any smart person would say that sustaining a guild for over a year and 3 months as a top guild for the entire time is not "free". There was an extremely long period of time in which DM wouldve been number 1 if total AP wasnt a factor. I also did the math. DM wouldve been untouchable for the weeks this happened in. Small, elite guilds are NOT meant to be on top of guild list. It just doesnt work. Its all the old, lasting, and family type guilds.

Also newer guilds have activity advantage. Sorry that we cant force all our old elitist players to log in everyday.

And Zeus, DM had a streak of 5+ weeks where we were #1 in every pvp category, yet EOS would take number 1 cuz of AP.

What goes around comes around.

Support Guild Age
    Activity advantage is a movable statistic, guild age is not. All the statistics in the lb ranking are movable, why should there be one immovable one? That makes absolute no sense to me. Aze, it is free. Why? Well, I have guild names that are extremely old yet I haven't made any attempt to maintain them.

Newer guilds might have an advantage, but it is an advantage that you as GMs can counter. This is an immovable statistic as I've stated many times. It does not take any effort whatsoever to hold a guild name that is old. I just proved it to you. So, why should it be a statistic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

It takes effort to maintain a guild for MORE than a year, staying COMPETITIVE the whole time. You say holding a name is nothing. K. We didnt just sit there holding a name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Activity advantage is a movable statistic, guild age is not. All the statistics in the lb ranking are movable, why should there be one immovable one? That makes absolute no sense to me. Aze, it is free. Why? Well, I have guild names that are extremely old yet I haven't made any attempt to maintain them.

Newer guilds might have an advantage, but it is an advantage that you as GMs can counter. This is an immovable statistic as I've stated many times. It does not take any effort whatsoever to hold a guild name that is old. I just proved it to you. So, why should it be a statistic?
    Im sure u know some old PL players holding on to OLD guild names in arcane legends in which are free for use.. MOVE EVERYONE THERE. 6% problem solved

i have an older guild name that isnt in used, older than the name resilience so your name being rank 50 would make up for some a little bit, want it? its free.
    Last edited by inkredible; 05-01-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

It takes effort to maintain a guild for MORE than a year, staying COMPETITIVE the whole time. You say holding a name is nothing. K. We didnt just sit there holding a name.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Year-1-Summary

Aze,

The above link is your prize for that commendable effort. However, if they add this statistic, it won't change much. The new merger guilds just switch to an old guild name. It's pretty simple, so at most the "veteran" guilds won't even look like veterans.

You wanted your prize? I just gave you it.

@Ink
    That is exactly my point. Is that what people will have to resort to? That's silly! You're right, however. If I wanted to, I just grab some guild names from old friends in PL or use some of my own. It is that easy. Then, that makes it once again a statistic that's unfair and immovable.

I get that y'all want respect for being old and maintaining your position and I just linked you the thread that gave it. This, however, is not a good solution for that.
    Last edited by Zeus; 05-01-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Reforming for guild rank? Thats a new one.

That page doesnt even reflect how much stronger and dominant of a guild we were in that time.

All those numerous weeks where guild size would let them ahead, and no rants from us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I agree with zues, whats the point n even competing if the guild age counts, becuz ppl will just manipulate it to their own use, and all other guilds won't even be able to compete, unless they do the same, , we all know ur not supposed to sell guilds but it happens,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Year-1-Summary

Aze,

The above link is your prize for that commendable effort. However, if they add this statistic, it won't change much. The new merger guilds just switch to an old guild name. It's pretty simple, so at most the "veteran" guilds won't even look like veterans.

You wanted your prize? I just gave you it.

@Ink
    That is exactly my point. Is that what people will have to resort to? That's silly! You're right, however. If I wanted to, I just grab some guild names from old friends in PL or use some of my own. It is that easy. Then, that makes it once again a statistic that's unfair and immovable.

I get that y'all want respect for being old and maintaining your position and I just linked you the thread that gave it. This, however, is not a good solution for that.

not really because i know h2n combined the members from the other guilds to the name chosen.. no effort for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

not really because i know h2n combined the members from the other guilds to the name chosen.. no effort for you.
    I didn't really get what you were saying other than proving my point...It really doesn't take much effort to pick an older guild name and then going into it.

@Aze
    Exactly why it shouldn't happen. It's not going to make DM #1. All I would have to do is grab my older guild names and the problem is solved. So, it's really just a silly statistic to have in there.

Also, yes it does? It shows you were ranked #1 3 more times than EoS. It also shows that the lowest rank that you've ever achieved is rank 5 and that was a mere 1 time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

How about changing this to timed runs held by a guild? Party leaders should be marked when running timed runs. Thst players membership in guild counts for guild timed runs. Yes? Pvp isnt the only part of the game. Lets see if DM cant get number 1 in tht category.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Azepeiete For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

How about changing this to timed runs held by a guild? Party leaders should be marked when running timed runs. Thst players membership in guild counts for guild timed runs. Yes? Pvp isnt the only part of the game. Lets see if DM cant get number 1 in tht category.
    I already made that suggestion in chatbox, but H2N didn't comment. It would also make timed runs more competitive.

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 6.50.53 PM.png
Views: 185
Size:  27.5 KB

We'll see if H2N likes that, but I think it's a good solution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Go get your old guild names then Zeus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YouTube Channel: Tuma Arcane
    http://www.youtube.com/user/KrypticOrder