Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My impression of PvP this season...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Theholyangel View Post
    Patience Bless, when they render warriors incapable of skill swappping, 90%* in my personal opinion, will be at a downfall. I and probably 2-3 other warriors in all of end game, probably only use 4 skills at a time when fighting. Just wait it out for when they can't. A little motto I heard, "when you lose, add a skill!"
    It is much more than this.... Like I said above, if you have a 2-on-2 warrior battle, it will never end. Things won't be balance until this is no longer the case.

As for sorcerers needing a buff, I'm not sure if that is the answer. If it is the answer, then it needs to be something that only affects warriors. Maybe some sort of armor debuff which works in some sort of progressive manor, meaning it mostly affects players with higher armor, and has very little affect on those with lower armor.

Perhaps something like this added to one of the mage offensive skills (maybe fireball?): Armor debuff which reduces enemy armor by 25% of the difference between the enemy's armor and the caster's armor. So if my mage has 1100 armor, and a warrior has 1900 armor, then the difference is 800 and the armor reduction is 200. But a rogue who has 1300 armor would only see their armor reduced by 50, and a sorcerer with lower armor than me would experience no reduction at all. I suppose something like this would help, but I don't know if that would solve the problem completely. It may be a good start though.

I think HOR needs to be nerfed a bit. In most MMOs, mages are the ones with the best heal skill. It is crazy that a warrior's heal skill is more powerful than that of a mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

1)The issue has been here several seasons, even after the changes in HoR.

2)Claymore's damage has been specifically buffed as a measure to assist with the current elites difficulty (?!?!?).

3)More warriors = greater chances of winning no matter the total skill/gear output of each team.

3)If the difference on warrior number is greater than one, just forget it. Three warriors can essentially keep the whole party alive indefinitely.

The only solution I see here is putting a 25-30 second cooldown for the HoR's shield to activate. Meaning in the hypothetical situation two warriors try to alternate HoR, the second one won't shield the group, it will just heal. Example of how this would work? Think of Scorch's awesome anti-spam Arcane Ability; there's no way around the reload and even if you do try to spam it, the shield just won't activate until the period of 10-15 seconds is over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I thought for sure the kershal would make a big difference, but it hasn't really made a big difference. If every battle was 1-on-1 then yes, it would make a big difference. But in group battle sorcerers are still so squishy, and because I have a kershal everyone targets me first. So the same pattern keeps repeating itself.....Both groups run into battle, and I am always the first player to die every single time even though I got my shield charged. At best sometimes I manage to take another player with me due to curse. But when warriors are stacking HOR, it doesn't really matter how hard you hit them. You will never be able to kill them.
    Horn of renewal is an effective counter measure against curse. And when you have multiple warriors curse becomes less effective because they can block most of the curse damage. Also curse against warriors is a weak skill because they don't do any DOT damage. Right now shield doesn't protect you for long enough in a clash, shield drops very fast. So at best you can try to reduce your INT and boost your STR. But then you become an easy kill once your shield goes down. This is why everyone goes for you because mages are the easiest kill and they know it. And because all of our crowd control skills have been nerfed, there is nothing we can do to stop them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Horn of renewal is an effective counter measure against curse. And when you have multiple warriors curse becomes less effective because they can block most of the curse damage. Also curse against warriors is a weak skill because they don't do any DOT damage. Right now shield doesn't protect you for long enough in a clash, shield drops very fast. So at best you can try to reduce your INT and boost your STR. But then you become an easy kill once your shield goes down. This is why everyone goes for you because mages are the easiest kill and they know it. And because all of our crowd control skills have been nerfed, there is nothing we can do to stop them.
    Exactly! Even as recent as season 4, sorcerers still had the best stuns. I always would start a 1-on-1 fight with fireball and then slag's panic. Now fireball rarely stuns anyone, even with rogues it only has about a 25% chance of landing the stun, and on warriors totally useless. Yet I get stunned almost every time I fight a warrior. It's so bad that I find I have the best luck using Misty as my pet and not one of the many arcane or mythic pets that I have. For a sorcerer, when you become stunned you will be dead before the stun wears off.

In seasons 2-4, it was accepted that sorcerers were squishy and that we had to land many more hits to kill an enemy than they had to land to kill us. Our advantage was that we could land many more stuns than they could, so this would give us a chance to land more hits in the same amount of time, and this made for an even playing field. Now with rogues and warriors landing as many or more stuns than we do, we have no chance. How can we win a battle when we have to land 3 times as many hits as they do and we have no advantages?
    Last edited by Energizeric; 05-04-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Curse does do alot of dmg to warriors who are using magma claymore.
    Magma sword does proc aura that deals dmg nearby.
    If a curse bomber mage knows and use that opportunity he can kill the warrior.
    I tested it with hali, the magma proc aura dmg for him is only 60+ To 70+ while the curse reflect it to me for 300(non crit) -600(crit).
    Not to mention the dps(dmg per slash) do reflects back to the warrior.
    So curse isnt useless as what most know.

Edit:

Ehhh, i made a new meaning for DPS???!!! Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Exactly! Even as recent as season 4, sorcerers still had the best stuns. I always would start a 1-on-1 fight with fireball and then slag's panic. Now fireball rarely stuns anyone, even with rogues it only has about a 25% chance of landing the stun, and on warriors totally useless. Yet I get stunned almost every time I fight a warrior. It's so bad that I find I have the best luck using Misty as my pet and not one of the many arcane or mythic pets that I have. For a sorcerer, when you become stunned you will be dead before the stun wears off.

In seasons 2-4, it was accepted that sorcerers were squishy and that we had to land many more hits to kill an enemy than they had to land to kill us. Our advantage was that we could land many more stuns than they could, so this would give us a chance to land more hits in the same amount of time, and this made for an even playing field. Now with rogues and warriors landing as many or more stuns than we do, we have no chance. How can we win a battle when we have to land 3 times as many hits as they do and we have no advantages?
    With regards to stuns, I believe this is do to a combination of factors. One is dodge is pretty high now on rogues so stuns can be dodged, if I am not mistaken. Also I don't play a warrior but juggernaught removes movement-impairing effects, so may stop them from being stunned while juggernaught is active. I haven't tested it but based on my own experience, I believe stun immunity isn't always applied equally. I know I have been stunned way too often by maul proc in a match. If there is a 7 second stun immunity then I shouldn't be stunned so often by the maul's proc. But I know I've been stunned by back to back maul proc's by 2 different warriors.

Also kershal doesn't stun on normal or charged auto attack (unlike mythic gun for example). But we can get stunned by a rogue with a crate bow. And basically because we have 2 seconds of invulnerability with a total of 15 seconds of shield, once you are stunned for a few seconds you lose precious shield time. Anyways, nothing you have said is any surprise to me and I had to deal with all of this in season 5. And this is why mages were upset over how the kershal compares to other arcane weapons such as arcane maul.
    Last edited by falmear; 05-04-2014 at 03:18 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

PVP more often ener, you'll adjust. You're probably just rusty. I rather enjoy pvp at the moment, & you know me. I've been roaming around pvp since l26, just keep playing & trying. class changes can cause more trouble than good, sometimes.
    DL: Theholyangel: 36 Vampire.
    AL: Mewfs/Theanarchy: 41 Warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Srsly, STS doesnt like mages. It's as simple as that

The toeless smurf!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to katish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

I hoped to see a few words here about kershal here! (Charged attack issue doing lesser dmg issue and the proc and charging time).

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katish View Post
    Srsly, STS doesnt like mages. It's as simple as that
    Logic. The only good thing they've done to mages was give them Tree Suits!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

What if... We just remove warriors invincibility?? Or make it 1 second or something...

Robhawk

In terms of stun/panic dont underestimate the percentage of dirty players doing a permanent petspam with samael and its arcane! So what happens then? 1 or 2 of team A stun/panic-locks the WHOLE team B with spamming samael. What happens then? No one at team B is able to do anything and the rest of team A just kills team B in 3 or 4 seconds... I wont put on any names or guilds because everybody knows who has "ballZZ" and who doesnt!

edit: Its funny to play with my L41 warrior... nearly no mage can kill me 1on1 even with arcane staff and samael... (i lost a few fights due to lag or bad luck in terms of HOR/Jugger timing and a lucky crit) As warrior nearly no warrior can kill you 1on1 even with glaive/arc maul and samael. I killed Globolus yesterday 1on1 although his gear is far better than mine and afterwards he raged about 2 or 3 minutes... doing all he can with his better gear and he never got me below 25% health. I left after 3 minutes because it was boring but on the other hand it was to funny so i had to last a little longer to watch him rage. I know the times when i played my mage and guys like Globo just hunt you down cause its just easy to kill a mage.
    The only ones to fear are dat rogues.

Name:  Screenshot_2014-05-05-19-47-31.png
Views: 212
Size:  1.05 MB

Sry for offtopic but after month of "runnin away" as mage its a satisfaction to just stay there and say: cmon give your best lets see what happens and peeerhaaapppss its what i allways told you (here we get BTT then lol) mages have equaly geared nearly NO chance vs a warrior.
    Last edited by Robhawk; 05-06-2014 at 05:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    You guys don't understand the implications to other classes...If you buff mages, rogues are SURELY f***** because we struggle to kill the 4+ skill users with the same gear. In a mage vs warrior fight, the mages aren't underpowered, its the tanks that have efficient skill swaps and the damage, so they are OP. There is no buff needed imo, a slight nerf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    It's not the mage class that is underpowered this season, they are more than capable of beating other mages and rogues. Give them more survivability or damage than they already have, and rogues wouldn't be able kill them.On the other hand, I think that STG gave tanks slightly more damage than what was intended (maybe it's the magma claymore). Tanks do mage-level damage, and that is a bit too extreme of a buff for them this season. Imo, Mages > rogues > warriors (> mages).
    Tanks are buffed as they enter pvp. I still dont know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    In terms of stun/panic dont underestimate the percentage of dirty players doing a permanent petspam with samael and its arcane! So what happens then? 1 or 2 of team A stun/panic-locks the WHOLE team B with spamming samael. What happens then? No one at team B is able to do anything and the rest of team A just kills team B in 3 or 4 seconds... I wont put on any names or guilds because everybody knows who has "ballZZ" and who doesnt!

edit: Its funny to play with my L41 warrior... nearly no mage can kill me 1on1 even with arcane staff and samael... (i lost a few fights due to lag or bad luck in terms of HOR/Jugger timing and a lucky crit) As warrior nearly no warrior can kill you 1on1 even with glaive/arc maul and samael. I killed Globolus yesterday 1on1 although his gear is far better than mine and afterwards he raged about 2 or 3 minutes... doing all he can with his better gear and he never got me below 25% health. I left after 3 minutes because it was boring but on the other hand it was to funny so i had to last a little longer to watch him rage. I know the times when i played my mage and guys like Globo just hunt you down cause its just easy to kill a mage.

Name:  Screenshot_2014-05-05-19-47-31.png
Views: 212
Size:  1.05 MB

Sry for offtopic but after month of "runnin away" as mage its a satisfaction to just stay there and say: cmon give your best lets see what happens and peeerhaaapppss its what i allways told you (here we get BTT then lol) mages have equaly geared nearly NO chance vs a warrior.
    This is why i changed class........

Wish someone(sts) would give pvp some attention. For such a small part of the game its so huge within the community. Shame.
    Last edited by Joncheese; 05-06-2014 at 07:01 AM.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Guys warrior is not Op at all, I remember how Spell / Lia owned a full arcane geared warrior with maul and sam.

in 5-5 its all about team play, not gears , not arcane ring.

No matter how good your team is and fully geared with out team work they cant win at all over a bunch of under gear team.

We already proved this a couple of times, Gears is will help but end of the day its about team play.

Its nice to pvp with a group of people you already know, why you will know when and how they play, less chatting , argument and typing more killing.

Also it is important as a warrior and mage how to cancel skills. ( only this 2 class cancel skills like Jug and Hor )

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyblu View Post
    Also it is important as a warrior and mage how to cancel skills. ( only this 2 class cancel skills like Jug and Hor )
    As mage your charged shield doesnt need any skill cancels because from time to time, quite often imho, that shield just doesnt appear without any other player doing anything and no its not the "not fully charged skill" bug its a different one... the most important mage skill with shield obiviously is at pvp just isnt there but the cooldown is! This means in 99% of all fight "gg" i lost. Then its also the same versus which class you play you lose to all of em without shield!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

i don't know even if mage get armor buff they can survive. cause war gets 1,2 shotted these days by rogues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    I can take down any rogue with the same level of gears of me as a mage in 1v1, sometimes those with mythic daggers if my lightning crits twice. Its the "class triangle" I think.

Btw I do agree that warriors are OP. They can do so much damage, and their skills stun too, and their HoR is OP tbh. If there are 2 especially 3 warriors in a team, that team pwns and they are basically immortal if they are close to each other.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Sceazikua View Post
    I can take down any rogue with the same level of gears of me as a mage in 1v1, sometimes those with mythic daggers if my lightning crits twice. Its the "class triangle" I think.

Btw I do agree that warriors are OP. They can do so much damage, and their skills stun too, and their HoR is OP tbh. If there are 2 especially 3 warriors in a team, that team pwns and they are basically immortal if they are close to each other.
    You have to fear rogues as warrior... i agree when you say killing a rogue 1on1 as mage is a far easier thing. Still there are some decent rogues who even resist good mages without having a big gear advantage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Not so resisting with my ribbit powers Though I received a lot of %!@%!@$! with my ribbit, like "noob ribbit", I still like to use it. Not sure what gave them the rights to forbid others using a pet

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Sceazikua View Post
    Not so resisting with my ribbit powers Though I received a lot of %!@%!@$! with my ribbit, like "noob ribbit", I still like to use it. Not sure what gave them the rights to forbid others using a pet
    I guess Shadowlurk scares them more than ribbit because he only has 3 seconds arcane 40% crit and after that ribbit is useless! Shadowlurk has 5 seconds 20%dmg AND 20% crit boost, thats imho BY FAR better than ribbit and the timewindow to deal damage is nearly doubled with 5 seconds!