Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People who actually want to pvp

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default People who actually want to pvp

First of all, before I say anything; I'm writing this thread as a ''neutral'' player and I'm not taking sides- Just saying what I experience as a regular pvp player.

Ok, so I know there have been so many threads about 2 warring guilds having fights and argues who is good, who is bad, who is spotblocking and many other pointless things that come with this ''war'' ...

In this thread I wanna speak in the name of those who just wanna pvp no matter if they are fighting with magnum or resilience or with any of their alliances...
    Here 's the thing...I fought so many times in pvp areas in ''resi-team'' or ''magnum-team''. What I actually do -I go to town join random pvp area and choose a team and in the case I join lets say Resi-team and Magnum players are on the other side -I get marked as a Resi ally and then they try to gang me, accuse me for things I have never done... Those things happend to me few times on the both sides, but I must say that I was more times marked as Resi than magnum ally.
    For example, the last time such thing happend to me was today -about 20 mins ago when I'm writing this post. -So, I random joined a CTF room and I picked side. I saw nobody is fighting (as usual), except one guy farming his dummy.So I just sit in the mid of the room and fooled around with some magnum guys. After 5 mins of nothing, in the room enters a magnum warrior... Let's call him Hlobolus (the name doesnt exist in AL)...(in mean time I was the only player left on my side-except that lv40 dummy) and Hlobolus says: ''Gang him, he helped Resi''.... What next happens is, those guys that were fooling around with me start ''chasing'' me together with the guy mentioned above. I mean... whats the point? Lol! Ofc, I left the room cuz there is no other way, it was one magnum guy farming his dummy and couple of his friends fooling around anyways...

So, again... This thread was not made to throw some extra hate on Magnum or Resilience (what happend today didnt make me take any side or make me hate one guild. I have friends in both Resi and Magnum, so one or 2 persons cant make me hate or done like the whole guild) but to tell that there are actually players that want to pvp for fun not to have some kind of war.

Edit: My Ign is Immortalis ( those who dont know me from forums might think its some kind of annonymous thread )
    Last edited by luka; 05-04-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Hey immortalis =] long time no see! Thanks for your honest opinion it was an interesting read.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Hey matan, I had to write this, hope you got the point.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

That's pvp for ya I'm afraid. It's drama central

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Just leave the game when you have a bad experience and join another game. There are plenty of good games and not too difficult to find one if you keep looking. I have no patience to put up with that crap. As soon as I hear someone on my team say "sorry" for hitting someone on the other team, I am out of there and looking for another game.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Yeh, but finding a ctf game is almost impossible only tdm is kind of possible altho it never reaches 20 kills of one side. After 6-7 kills on one side people leave and call their above mentioned guildies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    First of all, before I say anything; I'm writing this thread as a ''neutral'' player and I'm not taking sides- Just saying what I experience as a regular pvp player.

Ok, so I know there have been so many threads about 2 warring guilds having fights and argues who is good, who is bad, who is spotblocking and many other pointless things that come with this ''war'' ...

In this thread I wanna speak in the name of those who just wanna pvp no matter if they are fighting with magnum or resilience or with any of their alliances...
    Here 's the thing...I fought so many times in pvp areas in ''resi-team'' or ''magnum-team''. What I actually do -I go to town join random pvp area and choose a team and in the case I join lets say Resi-team and Magnum players are on the other side -I get marked as a Resi ally and then they try to gang me, accuse me for things I have never done... Those things happend to me few times on the both sides, but I must say that I was more times marked as Resi than magnum ally.
    For example, the last time such thing happend to me was today -about 20 mins ago when I'm writing this post. -So, I random joined a CTF room and I picked side. I saw nobody is fighting (as usual), except one guy farming his dummy.So I just sit in the mid of the room and fooled around with some magnum guys. After 5 mins of nothing, in the room enters a magnum warrior... Let's call him Hlobolus (the name doesnt exist in AL)...(in mean time I was the only player left on my side-except that lv40 dummy) and Hlobolus says: ''Gang him, he helped Resi''.... What next happens is, those guys that were fooling around with me start ''chasing'' me together with the guy mentioned above. I mean... whats the point? Lol! Ofc, I left the room cuz there is no other way, it was one magnum guy farming his dummy and couple of his friends fooling around anyways...

So, again... This thread was not made to throw some extra hate on Magnum or Resilience (what happend today didnt make me take any side or make me hate one guild. I have friends in both Resi and Magnum, so one or 2 persons cant make me hate or done like the whole guild) but to tell that there are actually players that want to pvp for fun not to have some kind of war.

Edit: My Ign is Immortalis ( those who dont know me from forums might think its some kind of annonymous thread )
    Glad to see I'm not the only one.

PS: my favorite experience with this "war" is when I was told "We will stop ganging you if you leave your ganging guild." I was so tired of hearing this I made my own guild called "Conch Republic" I killed whoever I wasn't friends with. Surprise surprise, I was still ganged by one person who promised they would stop if I left my "ganging guild." I was then told "We promise to atop ganging you if you join us."

No one gives a rat's aspirin if someone is ganging in this "war" the only thing these people want is to be known as the undisputed #1 guild. Cut the garbage and get over yourselves. What are we, in elementary school? Two wrongs don't make a right (period). ​I have friends in both guilds (but, far more in one than the other due to knowing some of thwm before either uild was created) and I intend to keep both aides as friends. My bias is certainly towards one over the other, but I will certainly stand that both sides are at fault in some manner. However, I believea few individuals, rather than the masses, started the "war" instead of what is so commonly accepted, falsely, as fact.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 05-04-2014 at 12:29 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I look forward to the mature comments by Magnum and Resilience to follow. Please include screen shots.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Yeh, unfortunately, the mass is controled by few idividuals. And yeah that one side is kinda more into this ''war'' which is really annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Yeh, unfortunately, the mass is controled by few idividuals. And yeah that one side is kinda more into this ''war'' which is really annoying.

Luka, we've tried the whole peace treaty thing and no guild wants to stop. That was exemplified in <Loyal> where we asked to put an end to this. You can ask Limsyoker and Redown if you'd like.

So, the only thing is to continue to fight until one side is satisfied and another side is beat into submission. I mean, it's not like anybody realizes that it's all ridiculous. I've had to spawn and gang (although a few amount of times) more times this season then I've ever had to in my entire STG playtime.

Additionally, it's hard to control guild-mates. Some just simply do not listen! I have to often threaten with a kick to stop with the unfair gameplay for no reason.

I'm honestly at my wit's end and these days, I just try to play fairly myself (unless someone provokes otherwise). PvP will be PvP, but these days, it just seems more like it will be PvP with very little etiquette.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

It's the neutral parties who suffer the most. We don't want to be part of any of the unfair gameplay or whatnot, but to just play the game as it was meant to be... for pure and simple enjoyment.

I won't name names either, but I will say that the quality of PvP is deteriorating...

Not to go off-topic, but this dispute reminds of the Heartland/Rimland theories I have read about. When the Heartland becomes too powerful, the Rimland will form alliances to keep the Heartland's power in check.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Yeah, I know how is it going and I'm familiar to that try of making a peace during the Loyal existence. But, sometimes people put all players in only 2 baskets - Resilience or Magnum.
    And yeah, I'm sure this won't end any time soon until one side doesn't get totally beat up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    It's the neutral parties who suffer the most. We don't want to be part of any of the unfair gameplay or whatnot, but to just play the game as it was meant to be... for pure and simple enjoyment.

I won't name names either, but I will say that the quality of PvP is deteriorating...

Not to go off-topic, but this dispute reminds of the Heartland/Rimland theories I have read about. When the Heartland becomes too powerful, the Rimland will form alliances to keep the Heartland's power in check.
    I know what you're referring to and I'm sorry it happened, Ebe! I gave warnings to those players and have been trying to join them routinely to see if they are infact ganging for no reason. If I catch them, they'll be kicked.

@Luka
    Let me know how it goes, I'm honestly quite tired.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Does anyone here got all their kills by 1v1? Can give me the name?
    People Crying because you got gang when most of your kills were from ganging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I get most of my kills from 1-on-1. I'm terrible in group battle and usually I'm the first to die. If there was a 1-on-1 arena, I'd probably play there exclusively.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    I got most of mine from TDM and 5v5s, haha.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I got most of mine from TDM and 5v5s, haha.
    More like 1v5
    (Just to clarify I'm not saying you gang I'm saying your the 1, because you own!)

To be fair if you want proper pvp play as twink as only 1% of them flag! obviously there is gang but this season the spot blocking has decreased and increased in endgame...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    Actually most of my kills are from 5v5 from previous seasons when 5v5 clashes were common thing.
    Collecting kills by ganging others isnt really fast process so I'm pretty much sure especially for warrs that 5v5 is easiest way to get kills (or farm dummies) .
    So what you are saying is bs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Well anyways,
    I apologize if my previews coment was making anyone on defensive.
    Honestly it happens to me too that is why i joined "this side".
    What i realy want to say is, i do understand your setuation but Endgame pvp is not for a solo player.
    I tried to solo before when i havent joined magnum but it wasnt healthy to enjoy endgame pvp.
    I do know my choice wasnt the right one but i have no choice. Either join them or fight them.
    As one of once neutral or "just want to play pvp" i understand your frustrations.
    That is why people suggested things like "no names, no chat, no title" in pvp.
    Implementing those might actualy help the ganging, war and other issues in pvp.
    People also tried to solve the endgame issue like what zeus said or what ironlung posted but it wasnt enough.
    We need devs help.

Most of my AL time are spent in pvp and im like you who just want to play pvp.
    Ty for reading

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Well you say pvp is not for a solo player. I have my own guild so do you suggest that I pick one of the 2 guilds if i want pvp?
    That is not neccesary, 70% + endgame players join pvp rooms randomly and in case they are losing or being ganged they will call their guildmates in help-and Im ok with that. But calling and supporting your guildmates to gang someone without any reason or cause - I call that idiotic.:/

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post: