Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Elite Dungeons...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I would rather see option #1. I have some concerns about how option #2 works. If someone DCs they don't get booted from the party right away. So what happens, do you have to remove them manually from the party or once they leave does it open up? The downside of #2 is that the party of 3 can't finish and set a record. I know this is kind of silly but it does happen. One time 3 of us set a rec without the 4th because the 4th left the map at the boss. Then we spent the next 1-2 hours trying to break our own rec. Generally speaking we don't try to set the rec when someone disconnects but it does happen occasionally. I am fine with options 1 or 2, I am mostly concerned about the usability and potential edge cases that arise from option 2. Because we already have problems with the party system locking maps for various reasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

I prefer OPTION #1. Just because....most elite timed run are attempted with preselected players. OPTION #2 will lead to seeing people coming and going and having someone not well equipped for the run and also may have bad intention of messing other team up. Further more even with a party of 4 in elite and someone disconnect midway or at boss. It is easier to clear map with 3 rather then having someone under gear joined and possibly don't know what to do.

but on a side note. Option #2 is great for casual players. This also will allow the non and fully geared casual players to help out one another easier. Which will improve the game play and enjoyment for all. The poor/rich and the strong/weak.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by faychen View Post
    I like option 2. After the time is down, added player can be from world map and party invite so the player who dc and rejoin via invitation too. There will be a case that a player join from world map while we are going to invite our friend, I think we can simply kindly request that player to leave map.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Lol.. I'm sorry but that would be as good as asking lower level players to leave the arena if they keep dying... no matter how nicely you ask they just laugh at you...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

hi,

first solution sounds great but...

you only talk about random elites. i always form a party with guild members/friends to make sure to have the players i need (only 1 tank etc.). the option is great to set a preference for random elites but i should still be able to join an elite party regardless of my prefered setting.

so when creating a party, the setting of the party leader should count for all party members.

maybe you could also mix up the solutions here:

if the run started as timed run because the leader's setting said so, it could still be cancelled if someone is leaving the party or got dc. i wouldnt do that automatically because maybe the dc happens at the boss and the remaining 3 want to finish the run.

so why not providing a new "stop timer" button for the party leader? like the "create party" button?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Not so much the failed runs completing, but rather solo or duo parties saying in /g "Hey, at boss...join!", so 1 or 2 drops suddenly become 4 drops - a 100% increase! That is my fear for the economy. Look at what happened with Shuyal last season. Since everyone was so well geared with upgraded Mythics, elites were incredibly easy. Imagine getting Magmatic Blades of Brutality, or Magmatic Plate of Will and realizing that they might be worth 30 or 40k in auction. That is what I worry about most.
    That's not a hundred percent increase globally . only on the solo runs and baring the easy maps any decent loot comes from maps that only top players can solo which is a small percentage of the player base.

Call me a cynic but it seems that because it will affect your income, you want an unfair system kept in place. I don't know if its possible but just strip the loot table for people that enter after the start, excluding ppl that DC, if they were there at the start they have chance at loot.

OK to people that fear randoms in option 2 it will work like a normal map, if u have a party it is YOUR instance, if someone drops out randoms can't jump in just like normal maps you need to invite them to party

Sent from my device using an app.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

As much as i hate to lag out and miss out, none of the above. It's a timed run like hauntlet and tombs, your either in or your out. Seems easy enough, no need to make it complicated or easier for lazy people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I'm sorry but I don't like neither option 1 neither option 2 this time, this would make the price of many elite items drop to very low amount (because any player with an elisir with that option could join at the end of an elite run only to drop and in 30 mins of elisir they could drop from many elite boss if they have friends that invite them) and the difference between mythic items and others in price will be a lot more remarkable causing many farmers to be unable to buy mythics and probably many will think also to leave the game. For this reason it seems more fair in my opinion if you'll allow to join only players without luck elisir this way they will be able to join at the end of an elite run only each 30 min and there won't be a lot more legendary items dropped than now. Another thing I think it's right is the initial number of players to be the max number allowed in that run. If elite map is beginned solo, that player can't invite others at the end, if player A,B and C begin a map but C leave at mid run for any reason, A or B (the leader) will be able to invite D if he/she wants, but never D and E increasing players number from 3 to 4.
    Last edited by firechandra; 05-06-2014 at 02:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Both the options will do provided party rules apply. In normal maps once you are in party no pug can join you unless specifically invited. This should be consistent in elites too.
    I have disconnected numerous times during elites when boss health down to 5%. This has resulted in me breaking numerous routers due to frustration. I see no impact in the economy unless people become naive enough to invite others just during elite boss fight.

Also if there is a fear of economy breakdown just make this change then, allow people who were in party during start of elite map only to join. You could just maintain a list of the players and when a person tries to rejoin just check whether the person is in the list or not and allow accordingly. Of course its easier said than done. Of course with this change you have to make sure that as soon as a person scopes out of the elite map, the timer should be removed immediately to prevent any leaderboard exploit.
    Just allow players already in party to rejoin and not random invites or random people from arlor. I guess that will be a win-win for everyone. Please take your time to read this through and please let me know your feedback.
    Last edited by Anarchial; 05-06-2014 at 02:49 AM.
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I hate running elite with random pug..Why? Most often than not, ppl leave when they die or think it's too difficult, so the rest follow suit. It would be great if ppl can join in if someone decides to leave. It gives a chance to those that can't find a party to complete a elite map.

That being said, I don't like the idea of a random joining in on a party if someone dc or has to leave. Like someone else wrote, if you're in a party, then allow the leader to invite someone in.

This will affect the economy though. This change would make it easier to complete maps (pug) and get loot. More loot drops means loot price drop. I love the idea but sigh.. Prices are dropping as is..imagine if this were to be implemented. I'm torn here. Lol
    Last edited by Shanamerny; 05-06-2014 at 03:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchial View Post
    I have disconnected numerous times during elites when boss health down to 5%. This has resulted in me breaking numerous routers due to frustration.
    router-bully try something of your own size
    Your given example doesn't make any difference given the 2 options, at the end boss the map is locked. You won't be able to rejoin anyhow.

ps, lag isn't just caused by the connection between you and the router. It's the connection as a whole between your device and the server where it can occur.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Option 3:

Allow players to join in no matter if it's a timed run.

This is an online game, players will disconnect and I don't understand why a party member can't re-join; it only screws up the run and the experience. If they keep re-joining only at the boss, well just don't party them ever again.

Disconnecting in the middle of a run doesn't help anyone and not being able to re-join doesn't help the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tearacan View Post
    router-bully try something of your own size
    Your given example doesn't make any difference given the 2 options, at the end boss the map is locked. You won't be able to rejoin anyhow.

ps, lag isn't just caused by the connection between you and the router. It's the connection as a whole between your device and the server where it can occur.
    I dont get it. In normal maps at boss fight doesnt get locked. Does it?
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Option 1 is best. If it takes more time to implement than so be it. I also think that adding a third category called Hard that is between normal and elite would be interesting. Let it drop elite chests and the second tier legendary gear. This would make end game a bit more interesting for casual players who don't want to run elites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Neither.

4 suggestions though -

#1 - Similar but bit different to what u had in mind. An untimed Elite mode with same loot table, comparatively lower % drop rate, easier mobs but with higher hp. For casuals or death-conscious gamers. Casual entry until x number of mobs are killed. If you're really worried about economy maybe impose a damage cap or something.

#2 - Introduce a timed chain-dungeon mode for each area. Similar to Elite Mines of Nordia only u don't have to create new maps per se. Clear 4 maps, 4 bosses in a row for a combined time. Could stagger release of each mega-dungeon, make them only available for limited time to sustain player interest/activity/spend. Well u can probably think of how it could benefit u monetarily blah3 anyway so I'll leave it to u.

#3 - 15 to 20-man elite raid dungeons. I'd love to see this, don't know if can be pulled off gracefully on mobile. Maybe test the waters with 10. PVE based guilds typically lose out in rank value since activity is currently heavily PVP-player-centred, the idea of kdr also in pvper's favour. This would even out the odds easily, I think, and encourage PVE-ers to get geared (ka-chingching for their bling bling).

#4 - Guild "quest" elite maps with a countdown timer.

Think abt it.
    Last edited by Origin; 05-06-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Alphagun /TRUEORIGIN/ Fullsick
    <Five Elements>
    Speed Demon
    Guides| MerchMidas | Youtube

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Option 2 Is Good,

Timed runners are well Prepared...so Option 2 is good

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

This just may be the greatest thing to happen to the Rogue since the introduction of the bow! When you get to the boss and have extra space, who you gonna call? A tank? Nah, we all know tanks are useless on bosses. A Sorc? Where's the crowd that needs to be controlled. No, you would invite someone that means YOU get your loot the FASTEST and that is the one toon specifically designed for killing bosses. I shall patiently await your call.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    This just may be the greatest thing to happen to the Rogue since the introduction of the bow! When you get to the boss and have extra space, who you gonna call? A tank? Nah, we all know tanks are useless on bosses. A Sorc? Where's the crowd that needs to be controlled. No, you would invite someone that means YOU get your loot the FASTEST and that is the one toon specifically designed for killing bosses. I shall patiently await your call.
    Tanks aren't useless at the Bosses , I remember how hard it was to defeat Inan'Hesh with One Tank and He can KO Sorcs and Rogues in one hit, we needed 2Tanks to Kill him

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    Tanks aren't useless at the Bosses , I remember how hard it was to defeat Inan'Hesh with One Tank and He can KO Sorcs and Rogues in one hit, we needed 2Tanks to Kill him
    Good point! There are 2-3 out of 35 bosses that tanks are useful on! I shall forward those calls to the appropriate warrior as I would be quite busy on one of the other bosses.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I like the idea of untimed runs. Option 2: I assume party rules would still apply. If you are in a party randoms wouldn't be able to join map. If someone disconnects or leaves the party leader could invite a new member.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm up for Option 2. Players who disconnected will have a chance to re-enter the specified elite map to kill the boss for its loot or its ap.
    Proud Member of the Elite Runners