Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Farewell Arlor?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Default Farewell Arlor?

The past few months have been quite a reality check for me,
    Indeed AL is a free-to-play MMORG IF you give it your life and soul.

I started AL in Season 1 thinking it would be a pure F2P like PL, if you just spent a little time capping and farming you could play among the 1% of players. You could be at the top for your skill level, not just your wealth.

As AL's development progressed it saddened me watching AL become more of a pay to win. Yes, it's true you can play for free- but you will never reach the top 1% or never be the best. What is 'best' even defined by? Skill? Wealth? Arcane's basically make gameplay more item based rather than skill based, I guess that is why FPSs are so popular- everyone has an equal chance. The counterargument here is that you don't need Arcanes. True, but why invest time when you know you can't be at the top because lack of funds?

I know a lot of talented players but they are crippled by their gear, if you see top player lists they are all judged on GEAR. Sure a few people receive recognition for their gameplay without max gear but it truly is harder playing against max equips without max equips.

Anyhow, that is not completely the reason for my break from AL. Real life has become a big factor.

Until next time Arlorians?
    This is not the last of me.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Solid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Default Farewell Arlor?

If so, will you be giving out your gear? Sorry if I sound greedy but I think your best should receive the items but that is imho. Anyways, I see you're starting on L7 walls but you haven't raided once this season..relying on collectors or wut?

Edit: Once you're TH8, L70+, and have L5 archers send me a join request and I'll try to accept you into my clan.
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

But who will list extremely overpriced items in auction now? I always get a laugh out of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobiotic View Post
    If so, will you be giving out your gear? Sorry if I sound greedy but I think your best should receive the items but that is imho. Anyways, I see you're starting on L7 walls but you haven't raided once this season..relying on collectors or wut?

Edit: Once you're TH8, L70+, and have L5 archers send me a join request and I'll try to accept you into my clan.
    What game are you talking about?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    What game are you talking about?
    Clash of Clans, you play it too?
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Clash of Clans, you play it too?
    Nah, I cannot be bothered with those types of games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Nah, I cannot be bothered with those types of games.
    Oh..that's unfortunate. It is a really fun game tho.
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Don't have time to attack, I collect if I have time.

I will let my account rot until a return.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default Farewell Arlor?

Farewell
    ♕The king of AL has returned♕

Proud member of <21 Jump Street>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    I guess I know a lot of talented players but they are crippled by their gear, if you see top player lists they are all judged on GEAR. Sure a few people receive recognition for their gameplay without max gear but it truly is harder playing against max equips without max equips.
    Thanks man. Hope to see you later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Well written, and I agree on many points. Indeed, this game has become very much a matter of gear....particularly with Arcane gear and pets. I enjoyed the brief time of relative balance in the first few seasons, but once mythics and arcane gear were released, it has become less about skill and more about gear/pets.

This is rather unfortunate because as one of the "have nots" I still enjoy the game immensely and still try to help the mainstream population as much as I can.

Basically, I am happy with my limited gear and still feel competent enough to run elites, but sadly, I am afraid PvP is out of reach for players like me.

I hope that the class warfare doesn't sour you to all the other wonderful aspects of this game....namely the friendships you van develop here. I have been fortunate to meet many genuinely great people that I am happy to call friend, and being around as long as you have, I am sure that there are many that you could trust and just goof off with.

At some point, it is important to realize that this is indeed a game and that you can from it whatever you want. Shiny pixels are cool and all, but I would rather be a broke noob with many that I trust surrounding me than a bunch of elitists that only see the gear and pets that I carry with me.

Personally, I would advise you keep everything, because at some point, you may realize that coming online to chat can actually be more satisfying than the gameplay itself at times.

Best if luck, and if there is anything that I can do, all you need to do is ask.

Kalizzaa

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Delay and opacity of the game content development are killing the game itself, let alone the huge gap between plat players and non-plat players.

I would suggest you try other games. You will be surprised to see there are lots of better games in app store or google play nowadays.

Wish you stay tuned, come back check update and hook up with old friends some time in the future.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to csyui For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    The past few months have been quite a reality check for me,
    Indeed AL is a free-to-play MMORG IF you give it your life and soul.

I started AL in Season 1 thinking it would be a pure F2P like PL, if you just spent a little time capping and farming you could play among the 1% of players. You could be at the top for your skill level, not just your wealth.

As AL's development progressed it saddened me watching AL become more of a pay to win. Yes, it's true you can play for free- but you will never reach the top 1% or never be the best. What is 'best' even defined by? Skill? Wealth? Arcane's basically make gameplay more item based rather than skill based, I guess that is why FPSs are so popular- everyone has an equal chance. The counterargument here is that you don't need Arcanes. True, but why invest time when you know you can't be at the top because lack of funds?

I know a lot of talented players but they are crippled by their gear, if you see top player lists they are all judged on GEAR. Sure a few people receive recognition for their gameplay without max gear but it truly is harder playing against max equips without max equips.

Anyhow, that is not completely the reason for my break from AL. Real life has become a big factor.

Until next time Arlorians?
    This is not the last of me.
    So you run put of money when all you do is PvP? I never noticed last season (sarcasm is thick as molasses)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

On the Clash of Clans question, why is that the new fad? Even my GF has me "playing," I honestly don't see how it is nearly as interactive as AL. All you really need is level 5 hogs and you dominate. Kind of boring, IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    On the Clash of Clans question, why is that the new fad? Even my GF has me "playing," I honestly don't see how it is nearly as interactive as AL. All you really need is level 5 hogs and you dominate. Kind of boring, IMO.
    There's more strategy than AL, same thing could be said about the arcane ring.

I know absolute sh*t AL players that went "pro" with the ring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

May I suggest we all just take it for what it is and try to enjoy the game to it's fullest. I've never owned a mythic staff, but I've met some incredible players, made great friends, cashed decent gold, completed nearly all my aps and had an all in all enjoyable experience. If you get too caught up in the politics, the fun factor goes AWOL. Yeah the balance is off, the drops are not there and op newbs run around farming me. Idc. I logged on today, ran my blue tail off for no loot, worked with some new blood and got a friend an ap she'd been avoiding. I'll log in and I'll do it again tomorrow for the experience, not the wealth, or the forum fame or to say look how baller I am. I'll log on cuz it's still fun with friends.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

See what pvp at end game does to people? I once had the best set and what did I do? Elites, I never set one foot into pvp to kill people because I had the greater gear because it's a game and that you shouldn't take it that seriously. The only thing I find fun in this game is twink pvp, contests and running elites along with content updates.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    See what pvp at end game does to people? I once had the best set and what did I do? Elites, I never set one foot into pvp to kill people because I had the greater gear because it's a game and that you shouldn't take it that seriously. The only thing I find fun in this game is twink pvp, contests and running elites along with content updates.
    Best times in this game were running elite with a predetermined group of mates, joking, drinking, and kicking aspirin. Of course, we all died more and more as the night progressed but we didn't complain. We were almost zombies with skill combos and talked to cut the tention. For me it was a way to focus the anylitical side of my brain and drifting off into conversation.

Cheers to nothing and give a damage to tomorrow, today is grand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Anyone here try Avabel?
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]