Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Isn't it time the Ker'shal Scepter finally gets fixed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Isn't it time the Ker'shal Scepter finally gets fixed?

There has been many discussions of this in the past, and while I read them, I never was able to understand as I had never used the staff. Now I have one, and I agree with all that has been said by others.

The stats of the staff are great --- no complaints here. The problem is with the proc. While every other arcane and mythic weapon has a great proc, the proc of this staff is pathetic to say the least. Many legendary staffs have better procs.

I thought that having the arcane staff and full mythic gear would make be unstoppable in PvP. In season 4, I owned in PvP with my runic gun and mythic gear. So having an Arcane weapon should be even more OP, right? Not the case! And it is definitely all about the proc.

And STS has now announced these new level 41 mythic weapons, all with super cool procs. I have no doubt that the arcane staff will still have better stats than the new mythic rifle. However, with that cool "root" proc, the mythic rifle is surely going to become the more desirable sorcerer weapon.

So please STS, please update the arcane staff and make it what it should have always been....

Here are my suggestions for what should be changed:

1) for an uncharged attack, the +60 INT and push back are good. However, the +10 mana regen is useless. Sorcerers with an arcane staff have 5000+ mana. Giving us +10 mana regen for 8 seconds is a boost of 80 mana. Useless. Please give us something useful. How about a healing proc, but even still a +10 health regen is so small as to be useless. It would have to be something decent to be of any use.

Keep in mind that in PvP, when you stun the opponent (as many weapon procs including the runic gun do), they are unable to attack you for a few seconds. Each attack in PvP at endgame is usually 1000-4000 damage with warriors being at the low end of that scale and rogues being at the high end. So a missed attack by your opponent spares you 1000-4000 health. So a healing proc would be good, but it would have to be something sizable to really matter. Giving 80 extra health or mana so not going to make any difference in whether a sorcerer lives or dies in a PvP battle.

2) Shadowflare --- this was a cool idea making the charged attack much like a fireball skill, but the execution is poor. If you were to take a poll of Ker'shal Scepter users and asked how often they use the charged attack, I would be shocked if you were to find a single player who does. Shadowflare causes less damage than a regular non-charged attack, it rarely procs, and even when it does the proc is of little use. It also takes 3 times as long to charge as does fireball. Let's just say that if I tried to use shadowflare during a PvP battle, I would be dead before the skill was charged.

As was originally explained at its introduction, the benefit of shadowflare was suppose to be that it uses no mana. Well, so does every charged attack by every weapon that exists in Arcane Legends. So this is not some rare benefit. But as sorcerers have so much mana, running out of mana is an issue we don't face. I would have to have a dozen kills in PvP with no deaths before I would ever run out of mana.

So here is what I would do to make shadowflare useful..... Charge time should be no more than a regular skill. Otherwise why would anyone want to use it? And make it like fireball.....give it stun capability. Or alternatively, give it the crit reduction that it currently has, but not a small chance for this, but something decent. And it should have MORE damage than a regular non-charged attack, not less. That is why we charge our skills, so we get more, not less. Anything less and I just don't see any use.

I do think it's about time this was addressed. Make this arcane item what it is suppose to be. At level 26 rogues were unstoppable with the hooks, and at both level 31 and 36, warriors were unstoppable with maul (and still are really). Give sorcerers the chance now, because we have never really had that.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

im pretty sure + 10/8 mana or health regen isnt 80 mana its actually ur mana regens way faster for ex. use flapjack u will see ur mana is way faster regening then using any other pet lol , i doubt sts will do anything about the staff bcuz changing the stats ex. +15 int more its a different thing then changing the whole proc itself
    just my opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Wait for client update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Layzi View Post
    im pretty sure + 10/8 mana or health regen isnt 80 mana its actually ur mana regens way faster for ex.
    +10 mana regen means you regain 10 extra mana per second. And yes, that is all you basically get. My mana regens 1-2% during those 8 seconds when the proc hits. It's rather useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

ow i never tested it only on lv 10 twink probably the answer of why i get more then half my mana back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

They won't change proc mid season. Now gun is coming. all sorc eyes are on gun now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Can't agree more.

I only use the charged attack of my arcane staff to try to hit other players for fun when I am in towns.

Officer of the Collective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

41 mythics are on the way.

Doubt they will do anything to kershal.

probably looking cool is one of the plus point of kershal beside it's mana plus and slow charge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Give up on this, its a lost cause. Nothing will happen. People didn't want to believe me when I first posted about this stuff back in November. Now that more people have arcane staff, they know what I said was accurate. As for mythic gun don't let yet another paper design fool you. Just wait and see what it is and how it works. People get over excited by marketing hype and it doesn't deliver. Think of arcane staff and singe. So don't rush to judgement on the new mythic gun before they even release this weapon. We don't know how good or bad it will be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

I have given up on the staff fix tbh.how many times we posted about it (/_\)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    There has been many discussions of this in the past, and while I read them, I never was able to understand as I had never used the staff. Now I have one, and I agree with all that has been said by others.

The stats of the staff are great --- no complaints here. The problem is with the proc. While every other arcane and mythic weapon has a great proc, the proc of this staff is pathetic to say the least. Many legendary staffs have better procs.

I thought that having the arcane staff and full mythic gear would make be unstoppable in PvP. In season 4, I owned in PvP with my runic gun and mythic gear. So having an Arcane weapon should be even more OP, right? Not the case! And it is definitely all about the proc.

And STS has now announced these new level 41 mythic weapons, all with super cool procs. I have no doubt that the arcane staff will still have better stats than the new mythic rifle. However, with that cool "root" proc, the mythic rifle is surely going to become the more desirable sorcerer weapon.

So please STS, please update the arcane staff and make it what it should have always been....

Here are my suggestions for what should be changed:

1) for an uncharged attack, the +60 INT and push back are good. However, the +10 mana regen is useless. Sorcerers with an arcane staff have 5000+ mana. Giving us +10 mana regen for 8 seconds is a boost of 80 mana. Useless. Please give us something useful. How about a healing proc, but even still a +10 health regen is so small as to be useless. It would have to be something decent to be of any use.

Keep in mind that in PvP, when you stun the opponent (as many weapon procs including the runic gun do), they are unable to attack you for a few seconds. Each attack in PvP at endgame is usually 1000-4000 damage with warriors being at the low end of that scale and rogues being at the high end. So a missed attack by your opponent spares you 1000-4000 health. So a healing proc would be good, but it would have to be something sizable to really matter. Giving 80 extra health or mana so not going to make any difference in whether a sorcerer lives or dies in a PvP battle.

2) Shadowflare --- this was a cool idea making the charged attack much like a fireball skill, but the execution is poor. If you were to take a poll of Ker'shal Scepter users and asked how often they use the charged attack, I would be shocked if you were to find a single player who does. Shadowflare causes less damage than a regular non-charged attack, it rarely procs, and even when it does the proc is of little use. It also takes 3 times as long to charge as does fireball. Let's just say that if I tried to use shadowflare during a PvP battle, I would be dead before the skill was charged.

As was originally explained at its introduction, the benefit of shadowflare was suppose to be that it uses no mana. Well, so does every charged attack by every weapon that exists in Arcane Legends. So this is not some rare benefit. But as sorcerers have so much mana, running out of mana is an issue we don't face. I would have to have a dozen kills in PvP with no deaths before I would ever run out of mana.

So here is what I would do to make shadowflare useful..... Charge time should be no more than a regular skill. Otherwise why would anyone want to use it? And make it like fireball.....give it stun capability. Or alternatively, give it the crit reduction that it currently has, but not a small chance for this, but something decent. And it should have MORE damage than a regular non-charged attack, not less. That is why we charge our skills, so we get more, not less. Anything less and I just don't see any use.

I do think it's about time this was addressed. Make this arcane item what it is suppose to be. At level 26 rogues were unstoppable with the hooks, and at both level 31 and 36, warriors were unstoppable with maul (and still are really). Give sorcerers the chance now, because we have never really had that.
    Totally agree with you on this. The arcane staff has really been good for its base stats. Proc wise and the other perks are a shame to the word arcane.

Last season was supposed to be the season for sorcerers and to be honest it was not a very defining season for them. Shows how much STS really dislike sorcerers. One would imagine maybe the developer has a grudge against sorcerers because the class he played in his/her favourite mmo was pawn faced by sorcerers. If they could they would have left it out completely. That aside the sorcerer remains a primary class in such a fantasy genre mmo, so they have no choice but to have it. Their secret revenge is to make it look like an ugly smurf and have every other class own it in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leonut View Post
    Last season was supposed to be the season for sorcerers and to be honest it was not a very defining season for them. Shows how much STS really dislike sorcerers. One would imagine maybe the developer has a grudge against sorcerers because the class he played in his/her favourite mmo was pawn faced by sorcerers. If they could they would have left it out completely. That aside the sorcerer remains a primary class in such a fantasy genre mmo, so they have no choice but to have it. Their secret revenge is to make it look like an ugly smurf and have every other class own it in pvp.
    I posted this in another thread and I'll post it here. But you can see here what their view on rogues is, you can draw your own conclusions:

Name:  rogues.jpg
Views: 1939
Size:  127.2 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Kershal gnna get owned next event xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

What i can only say after 2 years is...
    Sorcerer play is only using player's intelligence on skills...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Wait for client update
    If you do not know anything about the subject matter, please don't talk. What is the client update going to do for the Ker'shal Scepter? Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliketolol View Post
    Kershal gnna get owned next event xD
    Kershal gets owned by Expedition Rifles on a daily basis. Next event? Next event has passed a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I posted this in another thread and I'll post it here. But you can see here what their view on rogues is, you can draw your own conclusions:

Name:  rogues.jpg
Views: 1939
Size:  127.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    It's funny how the employees don't even know their own game...

Sorry to disagree H2N, but I honestly think that mages are the hardest to master. All you need on a rogue is crit. I see non-mythic rogues running around in PvP killing arcane rogues. Maybe luck is a hard skill to master? I've had a few discussions with a few mage friends of mine. I can easily name the top 10 rogues that come to mind, however, it is very difficult to come up with the top 10 mages. And when you see Expedition Rifle mages constantly killing arcane staff mages, you realize that our class is just screwed up.
    Take a look...

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Give up on this, its a lost cause. Nothing will happen. People didn't want to believe me when I first posted about this stuff back in November. Now that more people have arcane staff, they know what I said was accurate. As for mythic gun don't let yet another paper design fool you. Just wait and see what it is and how it works. People get over excited by marketing hype and it doesn't deliver. Think of arcane staff and singe. So don't rush to judgement on the new mythic gun before they even release this weapon. We don't know how good or bad it will be.
    Doesn't matter if I get the gun or not, I'll throw my iPad off my balcony if the root doesn't work in PvP.
    Last edited by Instanthumor; 05-09-2014 at 03:04 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Good luck on your thread Eric!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

It's ridiculous how long this is taking to fix a simple problem that would take, what, half an hour? Tbh, the mage class in AL is the weirdest, most messed up, most screwed up class in the entire world of MMO's.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Rip kershal

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Maybe if they fixed it they should buff it up to 41 so those who bought it doesnt feel like scammed because the fix came more than half a year to its release.
    Pls remiem or any mods/devs I know you read these threads, please report it to the devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    If you do not know anything about the subject matter, please don't talk. What is the client update going to do for the Ker'shal Scepter? Nothing.
    There are many other things to fix rather than scepters, more urgent things that everyone can benefit from, not to mention the fact this problems are more recent than the scepter issue which have been battled since the early ages of mankind himself.
    Imho i do not even believe any fix would be made to the staff, if i am not mistaking and i do not think i am i read somewhere devs are perfectly content with the actual state of the arcane staff.

So there two ways or you wait and hope for the client update or you wait and hope for the client update.