Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite bosses, is this some kind of joke?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    Please explain me why me, as a tank i have to play like a rogue and kite the boss so i will not die? Why does the red zone in tindirin one hits me when all my spells and attacks are for close range? My only choice when fighting tindirin bosses is to run around and heal the dps, how fun is that?
    Hi Ravenousxd,
    I play warrior exclisively and have been around, im not the best tank but i try.
    So here are my tips and i hope u like em.
    1. Do not ignore other class comments, we as 'tanks' need their feedback because we are suppose to protect them.
    2. Jagged trail boss-i hated him too btw- but after a lot of runs i noticed that it is impossible not to die with his main attack- i tried all combinations until i realized the only way to survive is to be invunrable - time your Charged HOR invul skill, when u see the big red cone u have approx 2seconds to released a charged HOR shield , and u'll be safe, i have 'tanked' this boss quite well this should work.
    3. Magma corridor boss - same tactic as jagged trail boss but wait for the orange ring to appear- 1-2secomds later the red zones will appear - release HOR and u should be safe.

Note: it should be a given that u are spamming pots heavily
    My gear:
    Weapon: Maul (but any weapon works i just preffer maul)
    Armor: mythic - i tried all magma, but like i said, only way to survive is to be imvunrable for that attack period
    Ring: arcane but i have ran with mythic ring with same tactic before i acquired the arcane ring
    Amulet: doom
    Pet: adviced is sam for regen but i switch to singe for the str bonus

Build : chest splitter, skyward smash, vengeful blood, Horn of renew

I hope this helps, pm me ingame if u wanna run and try this i think it better when u see it used

Also dont get me wrong i still die every now and then lolz but its when i dont time HOR right

I sincerely hope this helps,

Maarkus

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Thanks maarkus, will do.
    There is a problem tho: if you party with another thank that heals wrong you will still die because of the 10 second shield limit.
    Last edited by gumball3000; 05-11-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Thanks maarkus, will do.
    There is a problem tho: if you party with another thank that heals wrong you will still die because of the 10 second shield limit.
    If one tank heals the party and then you heal, only you will receive the invulnerability... Other party members are stuck with the limit. Tank heals override each other limits, but only for themselves.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

too much drama @.@
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ihateppl For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Wow - Complaining that you have to use a little tactics?
    I'm a full-time no myth Warrior.

The only thing I want to say is, sorry mate, but not everything is handed on a plate all cut up for you.
    Gotta cut that shiz yourself.

I can tank every boss on the new maps (and have recently done so). Yes they are hard, but would you rather they be dead easy and the price of drops fly away, and everyone get bored and players start leaving?
    So grow a pair, and learn to play, or leaveee.

PEACE
    IGN: Rianaku (Warrior) - Couchlock (Sorcerer) - SnackBox (Rogue)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rianaku For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

@ Crowsfoot I would be happy to have a discussion with you sometime.

I know we'd likely disagree on a lot of things, but I am always interested in discussing challenges with experienced players. Combining knowledge is often the best way to come up with something that could work. You never know until you try - you might be surprised. Just ask Madnex.

As for this thread, I believe trolling and outright insulting people is against forum policies. When someone asks for help, then sits there insulting 80% of the people who offer input, it is appallingly rude and totally inappropriate. I don't care how old they are, there's no excuse for it.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    @ Crowsfoot I would be happy to have a discussion with you sometime.

I know we'd likely disagree on a lot of things, but I am always interested in discussing challenges with experienced players. Combining knowledge is often the best way to come up with something that could work. You never know until you try - you might be surprised. Just ask Madnex.

As for this thread, I believe trolling and outright insulting people is against forum policies. When someone asks for help, then sits there insulting 80% of the people who offer input, it is appallingly rude and totally inappropriate. I don't care how old they are, there's no excuse for it.
    Please tell me where I insulted someone and I will promptly apologize.

Additinally, if you know "several" tactics to beat one hits I don't believe it would be difficult to share even one. I have not found a way and am entirely open to anything I haven't yet tested.

EDIT: if you don't believe I don't consider the advice of other you are entirely wrong. I pm many people in game asking for takes. Often I agree, however, I have disagreed with people. I have changed the specs of many as well as changed my spec based in the input of many.

Players who have changed my spec (just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more) include: Millzee, Taejo, Craeyon, Killingsworth, Joncheese, Eeknoh, Jiri (can't remember full name), saaz (can't remember full name), Venom, Meozudet, Deasafad, Ardbeg, etc

The first thing I ask a warrior who impresses me is their spec. I then ask why they put points where. Often I find my spec is very similar to theirs and changing either of ours wouldn't be worth the plat since comparing which is "better" is immeasurable.

EDIT 2: if you don't believe me, just check the thread I made in warrior discussion on my 41 spec. I distinctly remember giving speical thanks to jiri and Craeyon in the comments section. I take any feed back that is well supported and testable. Empty promises of "several tactics" is redherring to me. You have given me no information of value, yet.

EDIT 3: The age comment confuses me. What relevance, at all, is age. Not only do I disregard all measures of intelligence when it comes to age, but how would I know a forum user's age?
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 05-11-2014 at 09:35 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Yes but it cocoons me when im out of his red zone, that is out if my control and i hate it. I will mention my ping doesn't go over 300 so how can you explain this?
    Eh, don't be fooled by the game. The color system of green is good, yellow is okay, and red is bad is FAR from the truth when it comes to ping.

In other games...300 ping is nearly unplayable. I don't like being over 100 ping, to be honest--feels too laggy/choppy for my precise style of playing in games.

So, when you have 200 ping...it's really not great, and that's why you're getting hit outside of red zones. I can often tell what my ping is fighting the spider by just how far it can caccoon me from the shown redzone.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Please tell me where I insulted someone and I will promptly apologize.

Additinally, if you know "several" tactics to beat one hits I don't believe it would be difficult to share even one. I have not found a way and am entirely open to anything I haven't yet tested.

EDIT: if you don't believe I don't consider the advice of other you are entirely wrong. I pm many people in game asking for takes. Often I agree, however, I have disagreed with people. I have changed the specs of many as well as changed my spec based in the input of many.

Players who have changed my spec (just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more) include: Millzee, Taejo, Craeyon, Killingsworth, Joncheese, Eeknoh, Jiri (can't remember full name), saaz (can't remember full name), Venom, Meozudet, Deasafad, Ardbeg, etc

The first thing I ask a warrior who impresses me is their spec. I then ask why they put points where. Often I find my spec is very similar to theirs and changing either of ours wouldn't be worth the plat since comparing which is "better" is immeasurable.

EDIT 2: if you don't believe me, just check the thread I made in warrior discussion on my 41 spec. I distinctly remember giving speical thanks to jiri and Craeyon in the comments section. I take any feed back that is well supported and testable. Empty promises of "several tactics" is redherring to me. You have given me no information of value, yet.

EDIT 3: The age comment confuses me. What relevance, at all, is age. Not only do I disregard all measures of intelligence when it comes to age, but how would I know a forum user's age?

Crow.... The first statement was to you, the one saying I would enjoy getting together and discussing the topic.

The second statement, after an obvious enough large space to be clear it was no longer to you, said clearly "in regards to this thread" and referred to "the guy asking for help and rejecting the offers with insults". I thought it was very clear to anyone who had read the thread, that this comment was regarding ravenous-the-rude, and had nothing at all to do with you. If you look back, my comment to you was friendly and hoping to engage in constructive dialogue.

I apologize for any misunderstanding, but double posting is frowned upon in forums, and i was not about to quote everything the guy said out of line.
    Last edited by Serancha; 05-11-2014 at 10:33 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Crow.... The first statement was to you, the one saying I would enjoy getting together and discussing the topic.

The second statement, after an obvious enough large space to be clear it was no longer to you, said clearly "in regards to this thread" and referred to "the guy asking for help and rejecting the offers with insults". I thought it was very clear to anyone who had read the thread, that this comment was regarding ravenous-the-rude, and had nothing at all to do with you. If you look back, my comment to you was friendly and hoping to engage in constructive dialogue.

I apologize for any misunderstanding, but double posting is frowned upon in forums, and i was not about to quote everything the guy said out of line.
    I apologize for jumping to conclusions. The lack of a new nominative subject in the second paragraph caused me to assume that the later text was also in reference to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Sorry to say this serancha but you iffered no valuable imput and your posts are long and without substance.

I think. you are out of line to comment on my behaviour and that you should let the mods take care of that.

You say you have a build for avoiding one hits? AL has 8 skills/class, i don't know how you could come up with something so miraculous without everyone knowing it already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Name:  hxMhqtd.png
Views: 287
Size:  426.7 KB

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Bro -__-
    My tank is not really good I guess, but I play elite tindirin, and doesn't meet any big problem.
    I know I'm complaining because the hardest part of elite, but its a challenges.

At some point, u need more smart strategic and nice team play in elite maps especially elite tindirin.
    Warrior is for tanking bro so the other mages or rogue can hit the mobs and the bosses, ur duty is to protect them as fast as possible and keep them safe to beat elite bosses. Why using spam pot and heal so much? See the possible loot items and chest is so expensive, thats why. Even better equip is not guarantee u'll be safe elite there

Sorry, I just give my opinion because I've done elite tindirin maps and tanking my elite friends, thought it was totally impossible for me to elite tindirin but I've done it well..

*my bad english* o_o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Name:  hxMhqtd.png
Views: 287
Size:  426.7 KB
    Jurassic Park; The Return of Falsaurs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

You say you have a build for avoiding one hits? AL has 8 skills/class, i don't know how you could come up with something so miraculous without everyone knowing it already.
    Explanation

I said I have several skill setups and effective strategies for playing Warrior. Only you can avoid one-hits. That is not a build issue, it is a matter of knowing your bosses well, and timing your skills properly. As someone else said, the only time a warrior should be one-hit is when his timing is off.

EDIT to add: The timings I am referring to are detailed by Maarkus in his post at the top of the page. He is one of the finest warriors that I have had the pleasure to run with, besides Ravagerx of course. Mstjj is one of the best in the game as well. There's a few others, but no more than half a dozen that I would consider amazing.

You don't need to be amazing to survive though, just pay attention. I just ran troll, spider, algeron and rendtail elites on a level 40 legendary warrior with valkin. I got one-hit once on the troll when I missed a timing by 1/4 second, but that was all. There was no pet spamming involved. I had 2 rogues and a mage with me.

My current build includes

Venge, horn, smash, cs and axe. Smash and cs for mobs, axe and cs for bosses.

The double feeble + stun + taunt keeps the bosses in line and prevents most crits. Warrior skills can also stun a large percentage of mobs for 8 seconds at a time. Since they don't have stun immunity, a warrior can effectively perma-stun them. Not so much in Tinderin but it works amazingly well for mobs in Nordr and Shuyal maps. I soloed Overgrowth on Warrior last season while testing this.

You can go test yourselves. Go to elite Oltgar and take off your pet. Pull the first 3 mobs and alternate smash / axe / cs - they will stay perma-stunned until they die, if your timing is good. This is an excellent way to work out different patterns of skill use, in order to decide which skills work best for which types of mobs. I had a video made of it but my officer and I have been too busy to publish it.

I hope that was substantial enough for you.
    Last edited by Serancha; 05-12-2014 at 02:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I'll stick to wat i posted.. Elite tanking is tough.. But wid d right skills it can be made easier..

And when u refer to old posts please check the date too .. The glitch existed.. I reported it.. Is tht bad?
    BAKLOLZ
    Guild Master of Immaculate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Explanation

I said I have several skill setups and effective strategies for playing Warrior. Only you can avoid one-hits. That is not a build issue, it is a matter of knowing your bosses well, and timing your skills properly. As someone else said, the only time a warrior should be one-hit is when his timing is off.

EDIT to add: The timings I am referring to are detailed by Maarkus in his post at the top of the page. He is one of the finest warriors that I have had the pleasure to run with, besides Ravagerx of course. Mstjj is one of the best in the game as well. There's a few others, but no more than half a dozen that I would consider amazing.

You don't need to be amazing to survive though, just pay attention. I just ran troll, spider, algeron and rendtail elites on a level 40 legendary warrior with valkin. I got one-hit once on the troll when I missed a timing by 1/4 second, but that was all. There was no pet spamming involved. I had 2 rogues and a mage with me.

My current build includes

Venge, horn, smash, cs and axe. Smash and cs for mobs, axe and cs for bosses.

The double feeble + stun + taunt keeps the bosses in line and prevents most crits. Warrior skills can also stun a large percentage of mobs for 8 seconds at a time. Since they don't have stun immunity, a warrior can effectively perma-stun them. Not so much in Tinderin but it works amazingly well for mobs in Nordr and Shuyal maps. I soloed Overgrowth on Warrior last season while testing this.

You can go test yourselves. Go to elite Oltgar and take off your pet. Pull the first 3 mobs and alternate smash / axe / cs - they will stay perma-stunned until they die, if your timing is good. This is an excellent way to work out different patterns of skill use, in order to decide which skills work best for which types of mobs. I had a video made of it but my officer and I have been too busy to publish it.

I hope that was substantial enough for you.
    No jugg? Its a good emergency skill IMO, not always needed but when you need it there is no replacement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Ravenous seems due hard in a "spec" though that won't be enough, there is a discussion thread in the warrior section on lvl41 PvE specs.

Here is the link: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Respec-Testing

26.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #59
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

I'm going to go ahead and close this one down before it gets any more out of hand.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com