Thread: Change in stat pattern for legendaries

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default Change in stat pattern for legendaries

While looking at the stats of the new legendary gears, I noticed that the stat pattern has changed for lvl 40-41 legendaries have changed. Elite legendary gears, instead of havingdidpoint attributes more than the gear lvl, only have 3 points more.For example, the lvl 41 elite totems instead of having 46 INT as their base stat, have 44 INT. This change also occurred in crates gear, which,instead of having 3 more attribute points than the gear lvl , only have 2.

While this doesn't greatly affect new gears (as they have more dmg (weapons), more armor (armor and helm), and better procs and aesthetics), it does affect upgraded gears and their value. Upgraded lvl 40 helms,armors,rings and weapons only have 2 stat points more than elite legendary gears from the past season (they do give more DMG and hp, but they barely increase survivality). For example, lvl 41 archon rings only have 3 stat points more than lvl 36 archon rings and nothing more. This change in the pattern also makes the crate gears, from lvl 5-36, weaker than the one from the previous season's and also decreased their potential value.

Questions for community:
    Do you think that the change affected the worth of the new items?(would they have been more expensive or easier to sell if the pattern stayed the same?)
    Why did Sts change the pattern?( is it because of the new stagger system?(will the gears released further on follow the old system?))
    What do you think about the change? (is it irrelevant to you or?)

P.S Only the top elite legendaries(brutality/security for mage, brutality/will for rogues, and will for warriors) had their base stat 5 points more than the item lvl, and only the top crate weapons( brutality/security for mage, brutality/will for rogues, and will for warriors) had had their stat at 3 stat point more than the gear lvl; it varies when you change the type of the gear, but all of the lvl 40-41 Elite legendaries have 2 stat points less than they should have had, and all of the crates one less.
    Iacito My guess: 2900

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

When people first got their hands on the lvl 40/41 archon rings, they mentioned the stats being lower than expected. Sts responded that it is part of the new itemization.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Morholt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Another bug difference in gear, for warriors at least, is that the highest damage weapons and armor no longer have the highest or near highest armor stats. For example; compare the Demonlord sets to the magma plates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    When people first got their hands on the lvl 40/41 archon rings, they mentioned the stats being lower than expected. Sts responded that it is part of the new itemization.
    Does the stat of the ring being lower imply that a superior set of legendary rings is going to be released? And if they are released, will they replace the old rings or would they be obtainable through a new medium?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iacito View Post
    Does the stat of the ring being lower imply that a superior set of legendary rings is going to be released? And if they are released, will they replace the old rings or would they be obtainable through a new medium?
    There has been no official word about.
    We can all only guess at what will (or will not) happen for now.

Personally, I sure hope some GOOD lvl 41 legendary rings come out...it's a little silly that the mythic ring has had the lifespan of an arcane item...
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    There has been no official word about.
    We can all only guess at what will (or will not) happen for now.

Personally, I sure hope some GOOD lvl 41 legendary rings come out...it's a little silly that the mythic ring has had the lifespan of an arcane item...
    The mythic ring is still predominant because of its huge Hp boost over legendary rings. So for any other rings to be considered by players, they either need to have a considerable amount of damage more than the mythic ring, or rival its HP all the while competing with its DMG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Here is something interesting I found comparing a L41 Archon Ring of potency (2 normal dex gems) with a L40 Gold Ring of Potency (1 normal dex gem):

Look at the difference in the price tags. Even going up to an Archon Ring of Potency with 2 grand dex gems is only slightly better. And right now posted for 5m+ on cs.

To summarize... two things. First, people are waaaay overvaluing things. Second, the scaling of the items has left a lot to be desired. I'm just not sure how it will work out. Maybe the coming event will introduce a new set of gear that will outperform the current gear.

On the one hand, I hope so, because other than warrior Magma, the new sets are pretty sorry (looks great though). On the other hand, I hope not because it will create a pretty nasty trend in AL.

Shameless plug
    Last edited by Rare; 05-12-2014 at 04:42 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    Here is something interesting I found comparing a L41 Archon Ring of potency (2 normal dex gems) with a L40 Gold Ring of Potency (1 normal dex gem):

Look at the difference in the price tags. Even going up to an Archon Ring of Potency with 2 grand dex gems is only slightly better. And right now posted for 5m+ on cs.

To summarize... two things. First, people are waaaay overvaluing things. Second, the scaling of the items has left a lot to be desired. I'm just not sure how it will work out. Maybe the coming event will introduce a new set of gear that will outperform the current gear.

On the one hand, I hope so. On the other hand, I hope not because it will create a pretty nasty trend in AL.

Shameless plug
    Archon rings grants +93 armor​ ​when equipped. You can't inspect that stat increase until equipped.

Name:  Screenshot_2014-05-12-17-43-01.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  164.3 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2014-05-12-17-43-09.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  152.5 KB

See? That is why it has such a high price tag. The level 41 version has the highest damage and armor stat of any ring for warriors.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 05-12-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Archon ri gs grants +93 armor​ ​when equipped. You can't inspect that stat increase until equipped.
    That interesting. Doesn't show up in the item description at all.

Edit: Ah that's probably for the str version. Didn't take into account the passive stat issue.
    Last edited by Rare; 05-12-2014 at 04:47 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Archon rings grants +93 armor​ ​when equipped. You can't inspect that stat increase until equipped.

Name:  Screenshot_2014-05-12-17-43-01.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  164.3 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2014-05-12-17-43-09.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  152.5 KB

See? That is why it has such a high price tag. The level 41 version has the highest damage and armor stat of any ring for warriors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    That interesting. Doesn't show up in the item description at all.
    It's the "+2.5% armor" part. It is, in actuality, 93 armor no matter what gear is equipped.