Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arcane Ring too OP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Default Arcane Ring too OP?

I can already smell people that are gonna be like "incoming nerf this nerf that threads" but this is a serious issue for legendary people (maybe even mythic people). Anyways back on topic, Arcane Ring is so OP, it kinda reminds me like that "One Ring" from LOTR. It grants insane power over all rings (you don't say?) and on top of that, these ring users have Samael which all of you know, is a pet that stuns often (including auto attacks) so it's kinda like pointless for people with legendaries/mythics without Samael to even try, why? Stun + One Ring = stronger than any mythic user (at least, if you know how to use the ring). Legendaries can't even rely on luck/crit to beat them because it's not gonna do anything if they do crit. Max crit for a legendary rogue is what 3K? Then when we do one combo, the ring user will use Samael and then KO us. What's that? I can sense people saying,"go get your mythics bro" Well mythics won't do crap to these ring users. Although it's just one rarity level ahead of mythics, it feels like it's 2-3 rarity levels ahead. Please consider the people that don't pay money and don't have much time to be farmin their butts off for 1 piece of armor that still is crippled by the ring. Today I had to use CRAWLY (super op op op op op op op legendary pet if it's used at corners) to beat an arcane ring user and I almost died. I don't like having to rely on hiding + noob pet to kill these people then be branded as "Noob Hider".

Edit: I can smell another thing, Kei will come and say Lol@Pvp in bold..
    Last edited by Xenobiotic; 05-11-2014 at 08:20 PM.
    AL-Freelancer

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xenobiotic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

It should not dramatize, even if the ring is op it s possible to beat the users normal way (I'm talking 1v1). It s hard but possible.

A exemple i have kill Zeus with a gear : mythic Armor, helm, mythic ring, mythic amulet, expedition bow of potency 41 and glacian pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amelana View Post
    It should not dramatize, even if the ring is op it is possible to beat the users normal way (I'm talking 1v1). It s a hard but possible.

A exemple i have kill Zeus with a gear : mythic Armor, helm, mythic ring, mythic amulet, expedition bow of potency 41 and glacian pet.

Try Lia, she's pretty damn hard..And I guess mythic is possible but legendary is just no.
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobiotic View Post
    Try Lia, she's pretty damn hard..And I guess mythic is possible but legendary is just no.
    do not confuse a user arcane ring and someone who has arcane ring and skill...but I agree, a legendary has no chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

do not confuse a user arcane ring and someone who has arcane ring and skill...but I agree, a legendary has no chance
    Lia does have skill, she can hammer Alhunoob (which I can't). Plus, Arcane Ring is still really strong on a novice..
    AL-Freelancer

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Xenobiotic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

It's not even the non-plat users. 98% of the players I know, including plat users, can't even come close to affording it. Most of us don't have thousands of real dollars lying around to gamble on crates.

I believe it is good to reward your big investors in some special and unique way. We saw that STS recently did this in a surprise vanity giveaway to a select handful, ostensibly by giving a prize to everyone who entered a certain contest, rather than just the winner. The judges were rewarded the same way. However, to my understanding, everyone involved was known to be good customers of theirs, so something like that is their perogative and not an issue since it does not affect anyone else's gameplay.

If you're going to reward a select group of people for spending, do it that way, and do it openly. But making a game-affecting item for them (nobody can say this wasn't made for the extreme spenders) that is this immensely OP, takes away from everyone else's ability to enjoy the game. This was probably an unforseen result of a nice idea, but should definitely be looked at.

There are a lot of people who spend money in the game, that are feeling the same way as Xeno. Just as rewarding loyalty is important, so is keeping your customer pool happy by making a product that will continue to attract people. Without that, there's no reason for the high rollers to keep rollin. Giving them all godlike abilities just drives off the masses who are really the ones who make up what the game is.
    Last edited by Serancha; 05-11-2014 at 08:33 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

It should not dramatize, even if the ring is op it s possible to beat the users normal way (I'm talking 1v1). It s hard but possible.

This tells me nothing. Rogue vs rogue tells me nothing. Whoever crit most, wins right?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    This tells me nothing. Rogue vs rogue tells me nothing. Whoever crit most, wins right?
    Umh yes but i have kill a arcane ring/staff mage too dont remember the name

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Umh yes but i have kill a arcane ring/staff mage too dont remember the name
    Cheap shots don't count.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Cheap shots don't count.
    In any case this ring remains so op .. unfortunately so if I kill an Arcane Ring user ... I would put it on pure luck...

(mean 1v1)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I geared down my pet (matched yours) to fight you as well as leprechaun amulet. Trust me, the ring is OP, however it is rightfully so.

Xeno is slightly exaggerating though. Yes, a legendary rogue user stands no chance. That is a sign for him to go farm and get your mythic gears. You are fighting a rarity that is two level rarities above you so what did you expect the outcome would be? However, a traditional full mythic + samael user does stand a chance. He just has to make sure he crits, which in a rogue vs rogue is not that hard. Damage is so high this cap, it does not matter all that much if you're a ring or non-ring (but full mythic) user. The ring only gives you a higher chance to one hit, but the possibility to do the same with full mythics is not that much less.
    Last edited by Zeus; 05-11-2014 at 08:55 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I geared down my pet to fight you as well as leprechaun amulet. Trust me, the ring is OP, however it is rightfully so.
    Oh ! I know just know :/ so normaly if i fight u full gear/pet i have no chance...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Oh ! I know just know :/ so normaly if i fight u full gear/pet i have no chance...
    No, you do. I edited my post, read it.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Yep its OP.No doubt bout it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    It's not even the non-plat users. 98% of the players I know, including plat users, can't even come close to affording it. Most of us don't have thousands of real dollars lying around to gamble on crates.

I believe it is good to reward your big investors in some special and unique way. We saw that STS recently did this in a surprise vanity giveaway to a select handful, ostensibly by giving a prize to everyone who entered a certain contest, rather than just the winner. The judges were rewarded the same way. However, to my understanding, everyone involved was known to be good customers of theirs, so something like that is their perogative and not an issue since it does not affect anyone else's gameplay.

If you're going to reward a select group of people for spending, do it that way, and do it openly. But making a game-affecting item for them (nobody can say this wasn't made for the extreme spenders) that is this immensely OP, takes away from everyone else's ability to enjoy the game. This was probably an unforseen result of a nice idea, but should definitely be looked at.

There are a lot of people who spend money in the game, that are feeling the same way as Xeno. Just as rewarding loyalty is important, so is keeping your customer pool happy by making a product that will continue to attract people. Without that, there's no reason for the high rollers to keep rollin. Giving them all godlike abilities just drives off the masses who are really the ones who make up what the game is.
    Well just right now some mythic people demonstrated to me how Arcane Rings aren't a requirement on killing Legendary rogues but back on topic. Just like you said, I'm quite sure that this Arcane Ring PvP OPness wasn't purposely done. And coming up next is a new set of mythics which will completely blow me away. I'm not sure if I'll even have a chance considering that I struggle defeating dagger rogues..and the mythic is a bow.. Perfect for the unskilled rogues to play pvp.
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

No, you do. I edited my post, read it.
    Yeah it s true ><" cause rogue vs rogue is "i win if i crit". But if i fight a war i cant win, maybe the mage too or pure luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

I geared down my pet (matched yours) to fight you as well as leprechaun amulet. Trust me, the ring is OP, however it is rightfully so.

Xeno is slightly exaggerating though. Yes, a legendary rogue user stands no chance. That is a sign for him to go farm and get your mythic gears. You are fighting a rarity that is two level rarities above you so what did you expect the outcome would be? However, a traditional full mythic + samael user does stand a chance. He just has to make sure he crits, which in a rogue vs rogue is not that hard. Damage is so high this cap, it does not matter all that much if you're a ring or non-ring (but full mythic) user. The ring only gives you a higher chance to one hit, but the possibility to do the same with full mythics is not that much less.
    Ok so I move up a league in rarity levels. Arcane Rings are still gonna rip me apart with Samael or a stun pet. Plus, those other people using legendary gear probably won't even bother trying to fight thus (I think) leading to them blocking in clashes when they recognize your name.
    AL-Freelancer

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Lia does have skill, she can hammer Alhunoob (which I can't). Plus, Arcane Ring is still really strong on a novice..
    Lia is very good, so is Zeus - there are arcane ring users I've killed though, just saying it isn't impossible but it is pretty damn hard especially for a non-mythic :/

I agree with instant, rogue vs rogue fights are all about who crits most and/or lands the first combo. Zeus plays with mythic daggers, so you get to start with charged bow stun, right? That should make all the difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Lia is very good, so is Zeus - there are arcane ring users I've killed though, just saying it isn't impossible but it is pretty damn hard especially for a non-mythic :/

I agree with instant, rogue vs rogue fights are all about who crits most and/or lands the first combo. Zeus plays with mythic daggers, so you get to start with charged bow stun, right? That should make all the difference.
    In exchange for a kick-*** proc and it's weird, the daggers make it so that every aimed shot is critting so still I'm gonna be dead meat. (Serious, I haven't seen a decked out mythic rogue NOT crit with daggs).
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I'll try her mage :P

Sorry lia

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post: