Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: <Endure>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default <Endure>

Hey everyone! Thanks for clicking on this thread. Here's a quick outline for you:
    I Intro/Background
    II The Goal
    III The Guidelines
    IV Closing

Intro/Background

In case you didn't notice, this is a thread advertising and explaining the new guild that I'm in. For awhile now, me and my friend Honey have been wanting to create a guild. Awhile back we finally did! However, Honey is very busy with real life stuff and has turned the guild completely over to me. (He's still an officer though) Anyways, for the most part I don't usually do guilds. I tried to start a guild a long time ago and I've occasionally been in guilds before, but for most of my PL experience, I don't do guilds. In fact, I don't think I've been actively engaged in a guild for almost two years now.

This is because for the most part, guilds are all the same. They start off well with a few awesome friends of mine and then they continue to grow and a lot of less cool people get into the guild and create drama. Over time the guild either dies, becomes hated, or continues on, but only as a shadow of it's former glory. Often the creators of the guild themselves peace out and join another.

Why is this? For awhile I just assumed that it's the way things go. Now I think I was wrong. I believe that it's because these guilds were formed on weak foundations and lackluster principles. In other words, they weren't built to last. And that's where my guild comes in. With any luck, and some awesome people, I'm creating a guild to last. I'm creating a guild to be different. I'm creating a guild to <Endure> (See what I did there?)

The Goal

So what makes my guild any different than other guilds? First of all the big difference is the goal of my guild. In the past, most guilds do not have a set goal. They simply try to get as big as possible and wreck as many people as possible. Is this a goal that creates a lasting guild? I don't believe so. When you examine guilds like <Unity> or, heck, even <Family> you'll notice that there's one aspect that all the successful guilds share. That aspect is their community.

Simply put, they are all alike each other within their guild. They share common play styles, common attitudes, common skill level, and even common personalities. You could literally pull one person out of the guild and use them as a representation for the entire guild. This may seem like a small observation, but I believe it's massive! It shows that the guild leader had a goal in mind when he created the guild and that he actively recruited those who would fit in perfectly with the guild he was creating.

This is what I plan to do. So, enough beating around the bush. Here are a couple of goals that I have for <Endure>

Goal #1: This guild is going to be a respected guild. In order to be a respected guild, you've got to recruit respectable people, and that is what I plan to do. When people see us, my hope is that they will think something like, "Dude, those guys are cool."

Goal #2: This guild is going to be a likable guild. I would hope that people would know as soon as they see the tag, "<Endure>" that they could ask us any questions and have them answered. That we'd be willing to offer help whenever possible, and just simply be kind to everyone. That is going to be who we are.

Goal #3: We will be a talented guild. If you aren't good at pvp right off the bat, you will learn. If you are, you will get better. We want to be a community of monsters! (Nice ones of course )

Goal #4: In a best case scenario setting, we may even be able to change this community for the better! When people see honor, humility, and friendliness, it's contagious. Let's hope we can rub off on others.

Now, the thing about goals is that they cannot merely be carried out just because I want them to be. There has to be rules that are followed strictly. If any of the rules are disobeyed and I find out about it, you'll probably get kicked.

The Guidelines

Yes, it's time for the boring part. The list of rules. You'll notice, however, that none of these rules are too black and white. That's because I'm not trying to make a legalistic kind of guild. I'm just trying to make a guild that fulfills the goals above. (Also, that's why I call them "Guidelines" rather than rules.) Ok, here are the rules/guidelines one by one:

1. Level does not matter, but I'd prefer you are 50-56. That will be the focus level of our guild.

2. Whether you are pve, or pvp, or both does not matter as long as you abide by the rules and share the common goals that I have. Again, though, the focus will be 50-56 pvp.

3. There is no room for ego in this guild. We aren't the lords of pvp. If for some reason you think you are better than someone else because you can press buttons faster, you aren't welcome here. I don't mean to sound harsh, but we are to be respectful and honorable. Ego is neither one.

4. There will be no "farming" in pvp. I understand if someone has teamed you or treated you like dirt. It happens to me too. Feel free to rush the person and stuff, but we will not make the game a living hell for them. That's not who we are.

5. We will be forgiving. Again, I understand getting treated like dirt but our guild will be quick to forgive. There is no room for those who hold grudges.

6. We will be ready and willing to teach others. If new people need help, they should be able to just naturally assume that they can get it from us. This doesn't mean we have to give away our most secret build or anything. It just means that we are always willing to lend a hand.

7. We will not rush recklessly. I can understand rushing noobs for kills, or rushing trash talkers and stuff, but let's keep the reins on it. No senseless drama for us.

8. We will not stoop to low pvp. I don't care what the guy has done to you. Rushing 3 glyphs vs 1 sewer is not cool.

9. Be willing to chill in a small guild. I don't imagine this guild will get very big, but that isn't the goal. Remember?

10. If you're having trouble knowing how to follow these rules, I have a simple test for you:

Finally, there will be consequences if you disobey these rules. At first I'll talk with you and give you a warning. However, if the misplaced attitude continues, I'm afraid I'll have to kick you. It won't be anything personal, it's just that you don't belong in this guild.

Closing

Ok, so to close this all off, I'm really excited to be starting this guild! I feel like it has a solid foundation and that it's built to last. I don't imagine we'll be very big but hopefully it will be more than just me and Honey :P

If you're interested in joining, hit me up! If you want to be a part of it, but feel the rules are too hard to follow, still hit me up. I'm not looking for perfect people, but I am looking for those who want to be a part of something more, different, and honorable. If you're willing to give it your best shot, I'm willing to give you second chances. Trust me, I fail some of these rules at times and regret it. It happens.

Peace out, guys!
    -MM
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 05-12-2014 at 09:45 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Gl with the guild
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Calm down lul
    FEEL THE CAT POWER MEOOWWWW!!!~

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Aww so sweeet :3
    GL with the gulid MightyM

hai doods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Thanks guys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by synfullmagic_23110:1635899
    Aww so sweeet :3
    GL with the gulid MightyM

<33 don't think I can join in on any alts, I think I gor booted by Honey twice
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laar View Post
    That was when he owned the guild. The rules have changed now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Good luck man! I'm sure you'll make a great guild! Maybe if I decide to make another 50-56 toon ill join.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by programmed View Post
    Good luck man! I'm sure you'll make a great guild! Maybe if I decide to make another 50-56 toon ill join.
    Thanks bro! I'd love to have you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Thanks bro! I'd love to have you.
    I can't guarantee ill be in that lvl range sometime soon but someday for sure

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by programmed View Post
    I can't guarantee ill be in that lvl range sometime soon but someday for sure
    No worries, man! I plan for this guild to endure forever so you got plenty of time if you do join

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

No worries, man! I plan for this guild to endure forever so you got plenty of time if you do join
    Very punny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Need guild: ign noskillatall (lvl 51)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:1635917
    Quote Originally Posted by Laar View Post
    That was when he owned the guild. The rules have changed now.
    Thanks bro, but I got my own guild to run
    ya YEET

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I am like you, kind of, I usually don't join guilds, I prefer going solo, as I have less hate against haters of guild, and I'm free of what I can do.
    When I do join guild, I leave when it starts getting inactive or bad.

I might join the guild, but ill probably leave soon :P
    IGN: Caiahar, Glyphz

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bearofaltera View Post
    Need guild: ign noskillatall (lvl 51)
    You'd be welcome to join if you can give your best foot forward, abide but the rules, and treat others the way you want to be treated!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    I am like you, kind of, I usually don't join guilds, I prefer going solo, as I have less hate against haters of guild, and I'm free of what I can do.
    When I do join guild, I leave when it starts getting inactive or bad.

I might join the guild, but ill probably leave soon :P
    IGN: Caiahar, Glyphz
    Same to you, man! Even if it's just for a time, you're welcome to pass through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Cool!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

YAY im in the photo :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I think I'm gonna bump this one. We are growing very slowly but quality over quantity, right?

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

I think I'm gonna bump this one. We are growing very slowly but quality over quantity, right?
    I noticed

♥️ 3-D Romeo ♥️
    hai doods